Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Trade

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Trade Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Trade - 7/14/2005 4:48:49 PM   
grudge

I hope this wasn't answered in another thread, but I cannot find it.
I wonder how the trade is working. I started with Spain and traided only 11 Iron and 3 Spice to Portugal. I receive $14. This is stated in the Eco Report. But when I look at my Economic Advisor he says I got $ -14 (minus $14)
On the other side, while I was playing France with the trade Expert turned on, I payed for goods and get a positive Trade number!
Is this a bug or can somebody help me?

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Trade - 7/14/2005 4:50:19 PM   
Latour_Maubourg

Under expenses -14 means +14. So that means you receive from trade

L-M.

< Message edited by Latour_Maubourg -- 7/14/2005 4:51:07 PM >

"What have you got to cry about man, you have one less boot to polish in future." L-M's reaction at his distressed valet after his leg was shot off at Leipzig.

(in reply to grudge)
Post #: 2
RE: Trade - 7/14/2005 4:54:08 PM   
grudge

quote:

ORIGINAL: Latour_Maubourg

Under expenses -14 means +14. So that means you receive from trade

L-M.

Ahhhh!
Thanx alot. I have to look closely at the screen!

(in reply to Latour_Maubourg)
Post #: 3
RE: Trade - 7/14/2005 4:56:27 PM   
Reg Pither

Yes, this has been pointed out before and it's simply a potential misplacement of the 'Trade' row in the Economic report. Depending on how much you are selling resources for gold, or buying resources for gold, you will have a positive or a negative figure here. A negative figure means you are making money as this figure is shown in the 'Expenses' section - two negatives (Expense being inherently negative) making a plus.

Ideally, depending on whether you are earning or spending money on Trade, the figure should move to either the Income or Expenses section as appropriate to make things clearer.

(in reply to grudge)
Post #: 4
RE: Trade - 7/14/2005 5:09:26 PM   
grudge

quote:

ORIGINAL: Reg Pither

Yes, this has been pointed out before and it's simply a potential misplacement of the 'Trade' row in the Economic report. Depending on how much you are selling resources for gold, or buying resources for gold, you will have a positive or a negative figure here. A negative figure means you are making money as this figure is shown in the 'Expenses' section - two negatives (Expense being inherently negative) making a plus.

Ideally, depending on whether you are earning or spending money on Trade, the figure should move to either the Income or Expenses section as appropriate to make things clearer.

Yes you have to be acedemic to understand this

(in reply to Reg Pither)
Post #: 5
RE: Trade - 7/14/2005 5:23:35 PM   
nukkxx5058

OK, that's clear.

I have other question about trade.

According to the manual it's cheapper to trade with neibours than with provinces at the other side of the map (3 or 4 provices max distance is the best). But appart knowing by heart where all provinces are located on the map, I didn'd find a way to know how distant is the province I plan to initiate a trade with... all tips welcome.

(in reply to grudge)
Post #: 6
RE: Trade - 7/14/2005 6:53:55 PM   
Latour_Maubourg

quote:

ORIGINAL: nukkxx

OK, that's clear.

I have other question about trade.

According to the manual it's cheapper to trade with neibours than with provinces at the other side of the map (3 or 4 provices max distance is the best). But appart knowing by heart where all provinces are located on the map, I didn'd find a way to know how distant is the province I plan to initiate a trade with... all tips welcome.

I never look at it like that. I mainly play France and what I need most are horses and iron. And where ever I can get those I buy them. I also sometimes buy goods I don't need because it also helps their attitude towards you.

L-M.

"What have you got to cry about man, you have one less boot to polish in future." L-M's reaction at his distressed valet after his leg was shot off at Leipzig.

(in reply to nukkxx5058)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Trade Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI