Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Printed Manual with CD?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> FlashPoint Germany >> Printed Manual with CD? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Printed Manual with CD? - 7/15/2005 6:40:28 AM   
Jeevz

First off, Hello All!

And now to the questions :)
I'm planning on buying this game and just wanted to know does the CD version come with a printed manual or is it a pdf on the disc?

~ magnae clunes mihi placent, nec possum de hac re mentiri ~
Post #: 1
RE: Printed Manual with CD? - 7/15/2005 6:49:16 AM   
Erik Rutins

All our game on demand versions are PDF manual only with printed CD (with your order and serial number on it) and a printed DVD case. We are working to add a "manual on demand" option in the future.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Jeevz)
Post #: 2
RE: Printed Manual with CD? - 8/18/2005 6:41:19 PM   
jvgfanatic

Yipes, so the extra $17.45 I spent is going to get me a case and a disc? Freakin-a...I might have to write a few letters about this one. Not to knock all your hard work but if I don't get a manual (I just ordered the game yesterday) I'm going to be kinda pissed off at that excessive surcharge.

(in reply to Jeevz)
Post #: 3
RE: Printed Manual with CD? - 8/18/2005 7:59:12 PM   
Marc von Martial

quote:

ORIGINAL: jvgfanatic

Yipes, so the extra $17.45 I spent is going to get me a case and a disc? Freakin-a...I might have to write a few letters about this one. Not to knock all your hard work but if I don't get a manual (I just ordered the game yesterday) I'm going to be kinda pissed off at that excessive surcharge.

There will not be a printed manual in the box.

This is from our store and what is included with the various options:

quote:

What is a Digital Download?
Our Digital Download service sends you a download link to the master game file once your order is complete. You can use this link to download the game directly to your computer over the internet and start playing right away. The download is available to you for thirty days after your order. No shipping is involved and the game is immediately available for you once the order is complete.

What is a Physical Shipment?
If all you want is a copy of the game without any digital download, select this choice. If you select "Physical Shipment" you will be billed to have the game shipped to you. Our Physical Shipment provides you with a printed CD with your serial number enclosed in a printed DVD case.

The Best of Both Worlds Digital Downloads and Physical Shipment!
When you select this option you can use our digital download option to get the game right away and start playing. Then have a boxed copy of the game shipped to you as a backup for permanent storage. With a backup, you'll be prepared for whatever comes your way-whether it's a system crash, a computer virus damaging your files or the software simply no longer functioning as it should. You will be billed to have the game shipped in a printed DVD box with a printed CD and your serial number.

(in reply to jvgfanatic)
Post #: 4
RE: Printed Manual with CD? - 8/18/2005 8:27:00 PM   
jvgfanatic

Not a worry, it does seem a bit excessive but as a family of 3 living on one income if all I am getting are a box (which I will throw away), a case and the disc (which I suppose is kinda nice) then I'd rather have used that 17.45 for food or towards a bill of some sort. The manual is the part of the game I can take to bed with me and read whilst I fall asleep. I guess in addition to this $17.45 "lesson" I will also have to print key sections of the manual that I wish to read while not at the computer.

Again, no worries, 17.45 though, gosh...skip the box, slip the case in a bubble mailer, charge me 4.50 for shipping priority mail and I'd be much happier. Not that this matters in the face of a good strategy game, lol.

Cheers.

(PS: I'm quickly learning I really don't need the manual for this game and also that the manual itself is virtually out of date with the AWESOME updates you folks have been supplying us with)

< Message edited by jvgfanatic -- 8/18/2005 8:58:32 PM >

(in reply to Marc von Martial)
Post #: 5
RE: Printed Manual with CD? - 8/18/2005 11:11:00 PM   
CapnDarwin

A 105 update is in the works and getting into home stretch (knocks on wood). We are updating the scenerios and documentation this go around to cover all of the updates (including changes and additions in 105).

OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC

(in reply to jvgfanatic)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> FlashPoint Germany >> Printed Manual with CD? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI