Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How would you win scenario 203?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> How would you win scenario 203? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How would you win scenario 203? - 7/16/2005 3:36:05 AM   
asd123321

My tanks were wiped in turn 2. They were in a row, 4 across, front towards the enemy, so I don't know what could be done.
Dave
Post #: 1
RE: How would you win scenario 203? - 7/16/2005 8:32:44 AM   
chief

If you were playing the German side then I would have moved very slo and put some space between my tanks.....i don't remember playinf that one personally...but I suspect if I moved too fast....ouch

"God Bless America and All the Young men and women who give their all to protect Her"....chief

(in reply to asd123321)
Post #: 2
RE: How would you win scenario 203? - 7/16/2005 3:08:39 PM   
Korpraali V

At first turn try to kill ISU and T-34. Then took four halftracks to right and four to upper left. Another T-34 shows himself - kill it.

On AIs turn don't shoot halftracks, only tanks. Little luck and you should be able to take two Tigers to left and two to right. Try to get crossfire and use halftracks to turn ISUs so you can shoot their flanks. Face-to-face they are too much.

That's how I got DV.

(in reply to asd123321)
Post #: 3
RE: How would you win scenario 203? - 7/18/2005 5:16:59 AM   
Major Destruction

I also scored a DV. The trick in turn 1 is to avoid leading off with your tanks.

I moved a halftrack forward, received fire and promptly decided that line of approach probably wasn't the best one. I skirted my entire fore except one tiger, a halftrack and MMG to the left with the plan of placing my units on the high ground in the top left of the map.
It wasn't necessary to gain the high ground as it happened.

Good advice from Korpraali V. Avoid using yout tigers to shoot up the halftracks. concentrate on the AFV's until they are all gone, then enjoy the turkey shoot afterwards. And don't advance your tanks ahead of their support.

I lost 41 men and 3 halftracks; one tiger immobilised by terrain and one tiger lost its main gun to a malfunction

(in reply to Korpraali V)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> How would you win scenario 203? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI