Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

SP WAW 2.1 Error

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP WAW 2.1 Error Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
SP WAW 2.1 Error - 6/28/2000 11:19:00 PM   
Codo

I installed SP WAW 1.0 on my system, and then insalled the 1.0 to 2.1 update. I rebooted. I then clicked on the icon on my desktop and selected play from the menu. I then got an error that said that SMACKW32.DLL couldn't be found (even though its installed in the SP WAW directory on my hard drive). Any help at all would be GREATLY appreciated! Codo Hmmm, guess I should hand out some system specs huh? Windows '98 SP1 (NOT Second Edition) P3-600B w/128MB RAM Voodoo 5 5500 Video Sound Blaster X-Gamer Live! [This message has been edited by Codo (edited 06-28-2000).]

Post #: 1
- 6/28/2000 11:42:00 PM   
Wild Bill

Did you install the 2.1 update on top of the old game, into the very same directory as 1.0? Did you allow the machine to reboot after installation? Let us know. Wild Bill ============ ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games [This message has been edited by Wild Bill (edited 06-28-2000).]

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Codo)
Post #: 2
- 6/29/2000 12:09:00 AM   
clipper69

hi, i have the same pbm after install of the v2.1 on the top of the 2.0 and reboot of the computer i didn't have that error after install v2.0 on top of the v1.0

(in reply to Codo)
Post #: 3
- 6/29/2000 12:18:00 AM   
clipper69

hi Bill, i apologize : it was a mistake of my own ;-(( thanx to matrix and to you for that great job

(in reply to Codo)
Post #: 4
- 6/29/2000 9:57:00 AM   
Codo

Yes, I installed into the same directory as the 1.0 install (Whatever the default was is where I installed it.) And yes, I did let the PC reboot. Oh, and I know 1.0 works fine on my PC. I uninstalled everything, and then installed just 1.0, and that works fine. Codo [This message has been edited by Codo (edited 06-28-2000).]

(in reply to Codo)
Post #: 5
- 6/29/2000 7:14:00 PM   
Colonel Klink

quote:

Originally posted by Codo: [B]Yes, I installed into the same directory as the 1.0 install (Whatever the default was is where I installed it.) And yes, I did let the PC reboot. Oh, and I know 1.0 works fine on my PC. I uninstalled everything, and then installed just 1.0, and that works fine.
I got the exact same message when I installed ver2.0 over 1.0. The problem was that i did not save it into the same directory, in my case (c:/spwaw)even though i thought that i did. To verify that both versions are in the same directory, it should look something like this at your desktop:

(in reply to Codo)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP WAW 2.1 Error Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI