Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Play Hotseat in SPWAW.....Today!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Play Hotseat in SPWAW.....Today! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Play Hotseat in SPWAW.....Today! - 6/29/2000 1:06:00 AM   
David Heath

Ok Now either I am not understanding everyone or this is not explain well enough by us. In order to play a game by hotseat from the battle gen. select human vs human. You will then get a screen that says security menu that requests a password. Click the button that says password. You now will be requested to enter a password. DO NOT enter a password just hit the enter key. You will then be prompted with a save screen which will say to PBEM click save and to play a Hotseat game click exit. To play a hotseat scenario set both switches to human vs human and just then click password and hit enter. Now your all ready to go. More information can be found in the manual. I hope this help everyone. David

Post #: 1
- 6/29/2000 1:39:00 PM   
Belial

I have done just that, I even installed the whole game all over again, now version 2.1 STILL the game freezes when I buy units for player 1, press done, press password, press enter and the the game locks up. Ideas? I am using NT. Marko

(in reply to David Heath)
Post #: 2
- 6/29/2000 2:28:00 PM   
Arralen

quote:

Originally posted by Belial: I am using NT. Marko
From the very first page of the manual: Operating System and Hardware Requirements SPWAW is now a native Windows program that uses Direct Draw and Direct Sound. Players must have Direct X 6.1 or better installed on their computers. WinNT only supports DirectX 3 (if at all). So you won't ever get SPWaW to run correctly. Arralen [This message has been edited by Arralen (edited 06-29-2000).]

AMD FX-4300
Gigabyte 970A-DS3P
Kingston 24GB DDR3-1600 (PC3-12800)
Asus GTX 750 Ti OC 2GB GDDR5
Seagate Barracuda SATA III 1TB
Windows 8.1

Post #: 3
- 6/29/2000 2:37:00 PM   
David Heath

Hi Marko I just played suck a battle and it worked fine. I do not know what to tell you.

Post #: 4
- 6/29/2000 2:51:00 PM   
Pack Rat

I don't know if this has anything to do with anything but here is something I noticed. After updateing Version 2.0 to 2.1, the default target for the shortcut was the autorun.exe, which allowed the start screen to run under the game screen. I didn't download the full version of SPWAW. I deleted this shortcut and made another to spwaw.exe . This shortcut seems to work a little smoother for me and I'm running Win98 1st version. I don't recall now whether I had a crash or not before I did the shortcut change , but it almost seems like I did. ------------------ Good hunting, Pack Rat

PR

Post #: 5
- 6/29/2000 3:06:00 PM   
Belial

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Arralen: WinNT only supports DirectX 3 (if at all). So you won't ever get SPWaW to run correctly. QUOTE] Yes it does, at least in the single-player mode. No probs there at all. Well, have to try without sound and other experiments recommended by you guys. It just pisses me off that only thing not working is the hot-seat. Maybe that's where the Mickeysoft Direct$**t comes to play...or not as in this case. Have to uninstall companys NT server and install 9x/2000 instead... Marko

Post #: 6
- 6/29/2000 3:15:00 PM   
Belial

The e-mail game also locks up, but luckily AFTER it has saved the files so email-game is possible. This means that I can work around the hotseat-problem by "playing by email", which is nearly hotseat. Only difference being you have to load the scenario and type password each turn, which is no big prob. The new shortcut and turning sound off did not solve the problem. A bit happier Marko

Post #: 7
- 7/9/2000 9:14:00 AM   
Arralen

quote:

Originally posted by Belial: [QUOTE]Originally posted by Arralen: WinNT only supports DirectX 3 (if at all). So you won't ever get SPWaW to run correctly. QUOTE] Yes it does, at least in the single-player mode. No probs there at all. Well, have to try without sound and other experiments recommended by you guys. It just pisses me off that only thing not working is the hot-seat. Maybe that's where the Mickeysoft Direct$**t comes to play...or not as in this case. Have to uninstall companys NT server and install 9x/2000 instead... Marko
As far as I understand, you're correct here - it's Directplay for multiplayer and DirectSound (or however it is named) for the the ... guess.. sound. But I don't think Win2000 will help muc with this - it's a bit better for games than Nt, but not much. Most likely SPWaW won't run with this either - ir is there any other report I didn't notice ? Go for Millenium - it's looks like being much more stable than Win95/98, even in Beta ! ..have a good time ! Arralen

AMD FX-4300
Gigabyte 970A-DS3P
Kingston 24GB DDR3-1600 (PC3-12800)
Asus GTX 750 Ti OC 2GB GDDR5
Seagate Barracuda SATA III 1TB
Windows 8.1

Post #: 8
- 7/9/2000 9:34:00 AM   
Fabio Prado

No problem at all with Win2K. I'm running SPWAW since version 1.0 in Win 2k, playing for hours, building scenarios, everything runs just fine. Most games will run fine with Win2K. Infact, Win 2K is so good that it's the only OS in my main PC. FAP ------------------ Fabio Prado [email]fprado@fprado.com[/email] Webmaster - The ARMOR Site!

Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Play Hotseat in SPWAW.....Today! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI