Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How to decrease waste?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> How to decrease waste? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to decrease waste? - 7/19/2005 2:31:26 PM   
grudge

Playing with Spain I'm very low on textiles. As I can produce it in huge amounts the waste took all away
Is there a way to reduce the waste? Maybe building warehouse or somthing like that?

Post #: 1
RE: How to decrease waste? - 7/19/2005 3:04:35 PM   
Reg Pither

The eternal question.

Currently, there seems to be no way to influence waste, but the devs are looking at various options to help with it, such as upgrading Courts.

(in reply to grudge)
Post #: 2
RE: How to decrease waste? - 7/19/2005 6:16:01 PM   
Gem35

start executing all your Nobles

(in reply to Reg Pither)
Post #: 3
RE: How to decrease waste? - 7/19/2005 6:39:11 PM   
Jordan

Textiles experience huge amounts of waste. jchastain has an excellent analysis somewhere on this board.

I suspect this is to keep some balance in the game. Textiles equal advanced troops so a superpower's massive stockpile of textiles could get out of hand. Steamroller effect so common in other games. A nation like France could have the ability to churn out elite troops as well as numerous ships of the line...they have to make a choice. Besides how realistic is it for a national economy to have massive stockpiles of something...it would either be consumed or it would no longer be produced because no one's making any money on it. Perhaps textiles should be part of the consumption equation, like luxuries, wine, etc, so that amounts after a base number are consumed and serve to increase national morale. Maybe it could even add small amounts of GP. Something like that might take the edge off the waste issue and actually have a benefit...therefore an incentive to keep producing textiles and adding developments.

Also, the waste of textiles also forces you to rely on and manage your draft pool rather than on building new troops. This is a good thing, in my opinion, because it makes this game different and more fun than other games out there.

(in reply to grudge)
Post #: 4
RE: How to decrease waste? - 7/19/2005 7:26:38 PM   
Malagant

quote:

Perhaps textiles should be part of the consumption equation, like luxuries, wine, etc, so that amounts after a base number are consumed and serve to increase national morale.

Jordan, I believe this is already in the game.

From the manual:

quote:

7.1.3 Luxury and Textile Consumption

Nations will attempt to consume Wine, Spice, and Luxuries each turn. They will also attempt to consume Textiles in excess of 100. The base amount of each resource that a nation desires to consume is equal to its total population divided by 10. A nation attempts to consume this base amount of each resource and, if possible, will consume twice this amount if sufficient levels of the resource are available.

I'm a little unclear on the effect on NML or Glory for consuming Textiles, as the table in the manual specifies Luxuries, but doesn't mention Wine, Spice, or Textiles.

< Message edited by Malagant -- 7/19/2005 7:27:24 PM >

"La Garde meurt, elle ne se rend pas!"

(in reply to Jordan)
Post #: 5
RE: How to decrease waste? - 7/19/2005 8:01:30 PM   
Jordan

You're right.

I'd hate to see the waste equation (esp for textiles) changed too much because I suspect it will affect game balance if it is. If it is, then I think the solution lies in providing compensation somewhere else...instead of textiles being wasted (especially when it comes to home country production, not conquered or provincial production which I think should have high waste factors) and to preserve gameplay, it should be diverted to consumption which benefits NM and/or gp. You should be incented to improve your economy and develop your nation.

So perhaps the consumption equation should be tweaked so that it eats up that waste.

(in reply to Malagant)
Post #: 6
RE: How to decrease waste? - 7/19/2005 9:37:13 PM   
MarcelJV

Well it might be because I was playing Russia, but the textiles requirements is always zero (0), this was also the case for England in the 1792 scenario.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Malagant

quote:

Perhaps textiles should be part of the consumption equation, like luxuries, wine, etc, so that amounts after a base number are consumed and serve to increase national morale.

Jordan, I believe this is already in the game.

From the manual:

quote:

7.1.3 Luxury and Textile Consumption

Nations will attempt to consume Wine, Spice, and Luxuries each turn. They will also attempt to consume Textiles in excess of 100. The base amount of each resource that a nation desires to consume is equal to its total population divided by 10. A nation attempts to consume this base amount of each resource and, if possible, will consume twice this amount if sufficient levels of the resource are available.

I'm a little unclear on the effect on NML or Glory for consuming Textiles, as the table in the manual specifies Luxuries, but doesn't mention Wine, Spice, or Textiles.

(in reply to Malagant)
Post #: 7
RE: How to decrease waste? - 7/20/2005 5:10:35 AM   
Malagant

Can anyone tell if income from trade is affected by waste?

(in reply to grudge)
Post #: 8
RE: How to decrease waste? - 7/20/2005 5:12:24 AM   
jchastain

quote:

ORIGINAL: Malagant

Can anyone tell if income from trade is affected by waste?

Yes, it is. All commodity "income" in a turn, whether derived through production or through trade, is pooled and then the waste is computed as a % of that total amount.

(in reply to Malagant)
Post #: 9
RE: How to decrease waste? - 7/20/2005 5:39:20 AM   
Malagant

Thank you!

(in reply to jchastain)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> How to decrease waste? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI