Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Insurrection why?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Insurrection why? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Insurrection why? - 7/22/2005 12:08:55 AM   
hmicc

I was playing as Prussia and beating up on the Russians with Moscow under seige. National morale is over 750, income is positive and over 700 in the treasury. Next thing I know is that insurrectionists force me to surrender to the Russians. Why would that happen? My national morale plummeted from 750 to -250 and I was forced to vacate the country and cede a couple of provinces I had taken on my trek to Moscow.

Post #: 1
RE: Insurrection why? - 7/22/2005 1:14:37 AM   
Alaric_31

if insurrectionist forces against you reach your capital and only have there garrison units you are suddenly forced to surrender in the war, the best way to avoid this is left a field army of at least three units in your capital city.

with regards,

alaric.

There is no plan of battle that survives the contact with the enemy.

(in reply to hmicc)
Post #: 2
RE: Insurrection why? - 7/22/2005 1:25:08 AM   
dpstafford

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alaric_31
if insurrectionist forces against you reach your capital and only have there garrison units you are suddenly forced to surrender in the war, the best way to avoid this is left a field army of at least three units in your capital city.

Hmmmm. Crown of Glory.....the "crap shot" of Napoleonic games......

No doubt the insurrection was caused by a foreign diplomat who rolled "snake eyes" Or maybe landed on Free Parking. Too bad EiA is not going to have WEGO or we could all just shelve this turkey.

(in reply to Alaric_31)
Post #: 3
RE: Insurrection why? - 7/22/2005 1:34:12 AM   
hmicc

It may have been caused by prussian guerillas that formed. Howerver, I wondered why Prussian guerillas were forming when my morale was patriotic.

(in reply to hmicc)
Post #: 4
RE: Insurrection why? - 7/22/2005 1:59:24 AM   
Krec

while the your army and diplomates where away , the enemies of prussia where at play. imo this is what makes this game so intriging. many varibles and different ways to play. of course there are minor tweeks which are being resolved but for my money these types of happenings in gameplay are what sets this baby apart from other games.

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country." Patton

(in reply to hmicc)
Post #: 5
RE: Insurrection why? - 7/22/2005 2:02:54 AM   
hmicc

But should there be insurrection when the people are happy and patriotic?

(in reply to Krec)
Post #: 6
RE: Insurrection why? - 7/22/2005 2:55:14 AM   
Hanal

Perhaps insurrection is the wrong phrase to use....how about political coup?....

(in reply to hmicc)
Post #: 7
RE: Insurrection why? - 7/22/2005 5:43:34 AM   
Naomi

quote:

ORIGINAL: hmicc

I was playing as Prussia and beating up on the Russians with Moscow under seige. National morale is over 750, income is positive and over 700 in the treasury. Next thing I know is that insurrectionists force me to surrender to the Russians. Why would that happen? My national morale plummeted from 750 to -250 and I was forced to vacate the country and cede a couple of provinces I had taken on my trek to Moscow.

It really intrigued me that you did ever experience insurrection with NML as high as 750, as well as that you lost your nation to just a minimal force while in the process of winning a prize as big as Russia.

(in reply to hmicc)
Post #: 8
RE: Insurrection why? - 7/22/2005 6:18:18 AM   
Ralegh

I wonder if this was the result of an enemy diplomat pressuring peace successfully, and you not having 60 cash in the bank with which to pay off the peaceniks? Is that plausible for the situation you were in?

I don't suppose you have a save from just before it happened?

[I certainly have never encountered this. Even having your capital occupied would only cost 275 morale a month until morale went under -750: it wouldn't just cause you to surrender upfront.]

HTH
Steve/Ralegh

(in reply to Naomi)
Post #: 9
RE: Insurrection why? - 7/22/2005 10:32:52 AM   
Naomi

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ralegh

I wonder if this was the result of an enemy diplomat pressuring peace successfully, and you not having 60 cash in the bank with which to pay off the peaceniks? Is that plausible for the situation you were in?

I don't suppose you have a save from just before it happened?

[I certainly have never encountered this. Even having your capital occupied would only cost 275 morale a month until morale went under -750: it wouldn't just cause you to surrender upfront.]

The chances for a diplomat to succeed in pressuring peace are pretty slim, if not hopelessly improbable. Much less for a nation whose NML already soared to as high as 750. Would it be a bit inconceivable to coax a nation out simply by diplomatic means, when it was on a winning streak and close to bring Russia to its knees? That said, should there have been some other events co-acting to bring about the surrender?

(in reply to Ralegh)
Post #: 10
RE: Insurrection why? - 7/22/2005 5:21:37 PM   
ericbabe

quote:

This won't cause it. I've never seen NML plummet so quickly as is being described here.

Eric

(in reply to Ralegh)
Post #: 11
RE: Insurrection why? - 7/23/2005 1:13:33 AM   
talon54

I was losing about 200 because of feudal change.Could it have been a combination of things?What does your morale report say?

< Message edited by talon54 -- 7/23/2005 1:14:28 AM >

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 12
RE: Insurrection why? - 7/23/2005 3:12:33 AM   
Latour_Maubourg

Brill... before the Iraqi war nobody used the word insurrection. Strange and in a curious way funny to see how this embedded itself....

By the way this doesn't help this thread , just an observation...........

L-M.

"What have you got to cry about man, you have one less boot to polish in future." L-M's reaction at his distressed valet after his leg was shot off at Leipzig.

(in reply to talon54)
Post #: 13
RE: Insurrection why? - 7/23/2005 2:05:09 PM   
Naomi

quote:

ORIGINAL: Latour_Maubourg

Brill... before the Iraqi war nobody used the word insurrection. Strange and in a curious way funny to see how this embedded itself....

By the way this doesn't help this thread , just an observation...........

L-M.

In use should be rebellion or revolt, right?

(in reply to Latour_Maubourg)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Insurrection why? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI