Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Siege problem

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Crown Of Glory Support >> Siege problem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Siege problem - 7/23/2005 2:47:00 AM   
Grand_Armee

Sometimes my armies or corps will sit in a province and either intermittently attack the city, or not attack at all. The AI doesn't seem to have this problem, and for me it's like wiring trouble...sometimes you can figure it out, sometimes you can't.

Is there something I need in the army to make it happen?
Post #: 1
RE: Siege problem - 7/23/2005 6:25:57 AM   
Naomi

The strength of your besieging force relative to the size of the enemy garrision force will determine if any besieging action can take place. That your force drops to a size deemed not sufficient in this regard can be attributed to many factors, such as failure to draw regular supply, unsuccessful foraging, casualty suffered in earlier besieging attempts, and so on. Besieging forces, like any other, receive reinforcements turn after turn as long as they are in supply. In other hand, the (out-of-supply) garrision under siege may suffer from a head loss in defending or starving. Both help the ratio of the two sides' strengths to reach a level to qualify a besieging attempt. I hope I am right.

(in reply to Grand_Armee)
Post #: 2
RE: Siege problem - 7/23/2005 9:46:35 PM   
vonkohlmann

You may also be experiencing the multiple province minor country bug. If for example you attack Denmark with it's 4 or so provinces, you often have to declare war every turn even as your troops are trying to besiege a city, or besieged it a previous turn, even though no official peace treaty or cease fire was ever offered. It's a known bug, and there are threads detailing it.

(in reply to Naomi)
Post #: 3
RE: Siege problem - 7/23/2005 11:02:31 PM   
Naomi

Agree. Hope war weariness is not among the factors too.

(in reply to vonkohlmann)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Crown Of Glory Support >> Siege problem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI