Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: multiple player PBEM - vote

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Opponents wanted >> RE: multiple player PBEM - vote Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: multiple player PBEM - vote - 7/23/2005 11:39:42 PM   
CCGS

Hi everyone
I see that you are all set for a great game here.
If there is any room left, I would be up for it.
I have no experience with pbem (with pacific war at least) and I am GMT + 1
Let me know and again, have a good game...
Christophe

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 61
RE: multiple player PBEM - vote - 7/23/2005 11:50:36 PM   
FeurerKrieg

I think Gary mentioned limiting it to 3x3 for now, but I'd have no problem with you playing.

If we DO stick to 3x3 though, we'll put you on our 'reserve commanders' list, and in the event on of us has to stop playing, we'll let you know and you can step in. (If you are still interested by then of course).

Upper portion used with permission of www.subart.net, copyright John Meeks

(in reply to CCGS)
Post #: 62
RE: multiple player PBEM - vote - 7/23/2005 11:54:59 PM   
Nomad

Are the Japanese players considering an AAR?

The Allies are discussing it.

(in reply to FeurerKrieg)
Post #: 63
RE: multiple player PBEM - vote - 7/23/2005 11:58:48 PM   
FeurerKrieg

I think we can start one as well, I'm just not sure how much we'll post to it. I'll certainly post as often as I can, but my priority will be getting my orders in since other people will be waiting.

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 64
RE: multiple player PBEM - vote - 7/24/2005 12:13:08 AM   
Nomad

I agree, and I would like separate AARs, just using honor to not read the other one.

Post #: 65
RE: multiple player PBEM - vote - 7/24/2005 2:10:17 AM   
genchoo

Just a little input for your enjoyment
I'm one of the allied players in the 3x3 Pbem game. We started on or about 16 May 2005 when the 1.60 Patch came out. This is just 6 people playing and pretty devoted to getting out the turns in time. And after how many weeks of going back and forth we are only like 28 days into the game. The game date is 04 Jan 1941 In the beginning it was a little rough ironing out who does what and where and getting the turn around in less than 48 hours after sending the PBEM. Unfourtanatley I cannot see that many players being a cohesive unit due to different command styles and tactics. Depending on how many people and where they live, timezones, etc you would be lucky to get the turn in 4 days from the time you sent it. Someone will have to push the other commands into getting the turn done and out to the next player in a timely fashion.

Then theres the chance of pissing commanders off when you skip over there turn due to one reason or another, Lack of support for there operations, etc.......

You will without a doubt, be doing alot of coordination and emails back and forth before you even open the game

Dont get me wrong I would love to see it take off and be succefull. I look forward to the many many many AAR's that will be generated....

FYI mikecharley7 is now genchoo

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 66
RE: multiple player PBEM - vote - 7/24/2005 2:10:20 AM   
GaryChildress

quote:

ORIGINAL: CCGS

Hi everyone
I see that you are all set for a great game here.
If there is any room left, I would be up for it.
I have no experience with pbem (with pacific war at least) and I am GMT + 1
Let me know and again, have a good game...
Christophe

Hi CCGS!

We had intended to make this a kind of open game to anyone at all times; however a seasoned veteran from some serious PBEM gaming advised against it for reasons of time constraint. If we want to stick to 1 turn per day, we probably should stick to a maximum of 3 x 3. I need to go change the thread header. However if everyone else is willing to do 1 turn every two days, say have a Japanese day and an Allied day, I would go for it. It would give me more time to browse forums and stuff like that on the side of plotting strategy.

In any case, I'll keep you at the top of the list should anything change. If we loose someone we might come begging to you for help if you don't mind.

Gary

(in reply to CCGS)
Post #: 67
RE: multiple player PBEM - vote - 7/24/2005 5:59:44 AM   
FeurerKrieg

Yes, I'm sure there will be delays and such, but I think all of us can handle them.

As far as people getting pissed off, one thing that I'm hoping will help is that each side has a C-in-C to kind of make those 'final' decisions, and speaking for myself anyways, if Alex says no air for Port Moresby (or whereever), then no air it will be! Real world commanders had the same limitations, and I'm hoping that's what this game will simulate to some degree.

(in reply to genchoo)
Post #: 68
RE: multiple player PBEM - vote - 7/24/2005 8:21:06 AM   
AlexCobra

Ok guys. The game is on. I started it and sent to Gary. Now he will transfer it to Marc as soon as he will be able. Time to kick some Allied arse!

Alex.

Post #: 69
RE: 3x3 PBEM - Here We Go! - 7/24/2005 1:11:09 PM   
GaryChildress

Hi Everyone,

My apologies. I'm a bit embarrassed. I woke up this morning at 4:30AM to find Alex's save game in my mailbox to send to Marc, however, I couldn't find Marc's e-mail address in the thread anywhere and Matrix forums won't allow me to attach anything to their e-mail (which does make good sense). So I sent the completed Allied side back to Alex.

Hopefully Alex will get it soon and forward it to the appropriate person. Would the first person online today who has Marc's e-mail address please e-mail me with it? If so, I'll try again to forward it to Marc.

I also think it would be a good idea for everyone in the thread to exchange e-mail addresses, in case someone takes a temporary leave of absence and the normal chain of communications is interrupted.

My e-mail is:

GRChildress(at)aol(dot)com

Good luck and good hunting EVERYONE!

Gary

(in reply to AlexCobra)
Post #: 70
RE: 3x3 PBEM - Here We Go! - 7/24/2005 1:48:13 PM   
GaryChildress

OK, I think I have the problem solved. I sent Marc a PM with the attached save game. I'm not sure how the PM system works in the Matrix Forums. I'm new to this, so I've got my fingers crossed that it goes through OK.

Once we get the order of exchange down and I start receiving games I'll get a better idea of when I should be up and stirring about so I can receive it "fresh off the press" and I should be able to get these things turned around fairly quick, maybe within an hour or two.

So Marc, you may get the saved game twice, once forwarded to you from Alex, if he doesn't see this message, and once from me. Again, I apologize for the confusion.

Gary

< Message edited by Gary Childress -- 7/24/2005 1:55:43 PM >

(in reply to GaryChildress)
Post #: 71
RE: 3x3 PBEM - Here We Go! - 7/24/2005 2:18:28 PM   
AlexCobra

quote:

I woke up this morning at 4:30AM

Don't do that again. Every man who cares a bit about his health should have minimum 7 hours of sleep per day. We need you alive here.... Go

Alex.

(in reply to GaryChildress)
Post #: 72
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Opponents wanted >> RE: multiple player PBEM - vote Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI