Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New enlistment age

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> New enlistment age Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New enlistment age - 7/27/2005 2:45:09 AM   
Graycompany

I just saw on the news the other day that they are thinking of changing the Max Enlistment age to 42 now.

So lets go,, Drop your computers and pick up a rifle, sign up today.

< Message edited by Graycompany -- 7/27/2005 3:26:37 AM >

I thought this place was a empire, now im the last, I can't be sure...

Post #: 1
RE: New enlistment age - 7/27/2005 3:08:21 AM   
marky

i wanna join the navy, maybe the marines

thats a KIK @$$ avatar by the way buddy

lets all go get sum of those evil bastar*s!

(in reply to Graycompany)
Post #: 2
RE: New enlistment age - 7/27/2005 3:13:44 AM   
Bodhi

quote:

ORIGINAL: Graycompany

I just saw on the news the other day that they are thinking of changing the Min Enlistment age to 42 now.

So lets go,, Drop your computers and pick up a rifle, sign up today.

What about those that haven't reached the minimum enlistment age of 42 yet?

Bodhi

Post #: 3
RE: New enlistment age - 7/27/2005 3:14:47 AM   
Brady

"Min Enlistment age to 42 "

That Min or Max?

Beta Team Member for:

WPO
PC
CF
AE
WiTE

Obi-wan Kenobi said it best: A lot of the reality we perceive depend on our point of view

(in reply to marky)
Post #: 4
RE: New enlistment age - 7/27/2005 3:26:00 AM   
Graycompany

thats maxium 42, Min is still 18 I think. I joined at 17.

(in reply to Brady)
Post #: 5
RE: New enlistment age - 7/27/2005 3:30:40 AM   
Graycompany

I also heard that 25% of all people trying to enlist are rejected for a reason. Anyone want to guess the reason?

Post #: 6
RE: New enlistment age - 7/27/2005 3:35:31 AM   
usersatch

Most people I know who were rejected were too dumb, sorry, not bright enough to pass the ASVAB.

I think it is a sad state of affairs when they have to jack up the enlistment age. Reminiscent of the Civil War.

Post #: 7
RE: New enlistment age - 7/27/2005 3:37:36 AM   
Graycompany

Nope, Not a brightness problem

(in reply to usersatch)
Post #: 8
RE: New enlistment age - 7/27/2005 3:55:55 AM   
Tankerace

quote:

ORIGINAL: usersatch

Most people I know who were rejected were too dumb, sorry, not bright enough to pass the ASVAB.

The ASVAB is awsome. One day the Military doesn't care, the next minute they want me to be a USAF weatherman. Woooo....

Designer of War Plan Orange
Allied Naval OOBer of Admiral's Edition
Naval Team Lead for War in the Med

Author of Million-Dollar Barrage: American Field Artillery in the Great War coming soon from OU Press.

(in reply to usersatch)
Post #: 9
RE: New enlistment age - 7/27/2005 4:05:55 AM   
Titanwarrior89

Being a former U.S. Army recruiter for a portion of my military career, the biggest thing that gets most applicants disqualified from military service if they have passed the asvab is their "Moving Lips" at Meps. They don't know when too shut up!

The enlistment market for most armforces is a 3A grad or better with a highschool diploma or better(college). The great majority in some areas do fail the asvab. The 3A market is a 50-99 afqt on the asvab with a 3B cutting a 31 - 49 afqt on the asvab. These may have changed since my retirement in 93.

Each service will do moral waviers on some violations. While some types of violations can never be waivered(or a request for waiver). The Army allows more moral waivers than any other branch of service.

None of this above covers all the problems the recruiter incounters trying to get his/her applicant too clear the physical (honestly with no fraud) and the security requirement they all go thru at meps .

I am suprised that any make it! I have enlisted about 200 or so troopers into the regular army and a few into the reserves. It was a nasty business which I will never forget. One of the worst jobs I've had in my life. If you made "Mission Box" you were a Hero, if you did'nt your career was on the line.

So my hat is off for those on recruiting duty. The hours are very long and the stress even worse. Some love it!

< Message edited by Titanwarrior89 -- 7/27/2005 4:08:32 AM >

"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"

Post #: 10
RE: New enlistment age - 7/27/2005 4:22:45 AM   
ilovestrategy

they are thinking of changing it to 42? what is it now?

After 16 years, Civ II still has me in it's clutches LOL!!!
Now CIV IV has me in it's evil clutches!

Post #: 11
RE: New enlistment age - 7/27/2005 4:27:00 AM   
Titanwarrior89

35 now for the army.

"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

(in reply to ilovestrategy)
Post #: 12
RE: New enlistment age - 7/27/2005 4:28:08 AM   
ilovestrategy

gotchya, thanks!

(in reply to Titanwarrior89)
Post #: 13
RE: New enlistment age - 7/27/2005 4:31:02 AM   
Graycompany

well nobody has got it yet why 25% are being turned away, cmon suck it up, somebody should know

Post #: 14
RE: New enlistment age - 7/27/2005 4:36:16 AM   
ilovestrategy

Age? im 38 so I guess I would never pass in any branch!

Post #: 15
RE: New enlistment age - 7/27/2005 4:38:48 AM   
Titanwarrior89

The way its going, pretty soon they'll be drafting you at 42.
quote:

ORIGINAL: ilovestrategy

Age? im 38 so I guess I would never pass in any branch!

Post #: 16
RE: New enlistment age - 7/27/2005 5:35:06 AM   
Twotribes

The only people claiming we need a draft is the moonbat left. They want a draft so they can stir up a protest based on people being drafted.

I guess you missed the latest where one of the moonbat left claimed America has a mercenary Army because it is all volunteer and quite capable.

(in reply to Titanwarrior89)
Post #: 17
RE: New enlistment age - 7/27/2005 5:43:15 AM   
testarossa

quote:

ORIGINAL: Graycompany

well nobody has got it yet why 25% are being turned away, cmon suck it up, somebody should know

Obecity?

Dr. Miller: I should've called the marines!
Dalton: They're few, they're proud... And they ain't here!!!

Post #: 18
RE: New enlistment age - 7/27/2005 5:54:36 AM   
ZekeNY

I'm glad they raised the age. I'm facing the prospect of being called up and deployed by the reserves, and if that happens I'll look forward to telling some of the local blowhards to sign up and come with me if they want to "support the troops".

(in reply to testarossa)
Post #: 19
RE: New enlistment age - 7/27/2005 6:09:55 AM   
Graycompany

you got it,, to fat

(in reply to testarossa)
Post #: 20
RE: New enlistment age - 7/27/2005 6:17:43 AM   
Tophat

quote:

ORIGINAL: Twotribes

The only people claiming we need a draft is the moonbat left. They want a draft so they can stir up a protest based on people being drafted.

I guess you missed the latest where one of the moonbat left claimed America has a mercenary Army because it is all volunteer and quite capable.

Actually,
I think universal service,no exceptions no exemptions for atleast a 1 year stint so "everyone" is basically trained and familiar with methods and equitment would be a smart idea. After all we are all in this together. This isn't cosmetic,or lip service but a way to show every citizen we all have responsabilities.
The left should love it,rich boys as well as opinionated loudmouths are treated the same!

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 21
RE: New enlistment age - 7/27/2005 7:14:44 AM   
AlexCobra

quote:

I also heard that 25% of all people trying to enlist are rejected for a reason. Anyone want to guess the reason?

Hi!

Just sounds so weird to my ears. People, who want to go on military service, ARE rejected!! Well, come to my country, became a citizen of it, and you can be sure - you can't be drafted to the army only if you got no legs or arms... and even in that case they'll study you v-e-r-y close - just to make sure of it. Here we learn the art of 'evading the army service', kinda competition in skills between potential soldiers and man, who are responsible for draft. So you just should be quit happy with your service system, that's what I mean all in all. Btw, max draft age here is 28.

Alex.

(in reply to Tophat)
Post #: 22
RE: New enlistment age - 7/27/2005 7:18:55 AM   
riley555a

Just so you all know real war isn't glory like the war movies on your home shelves that are stamped and requested to be made by the U.S. military. I know some you are naive and think it's an exciting prospect with honor and glory but it isn't, never has been, never will be.

< Message edited by riley555 -- 7/27/2005 7:19:54 AM >

Pft,damn the aircraft, full speed ahead....WAIT!....

(in reply to AlexCobra)
Post #: 23
RE: New enlistment age - 7/27/2005 8:00:47 AM   
rockmedic109

I could never pass a physical.

Hepatitis B {15 years ago} and lingering effects from being run over by a parked truck would assure my failure in the attempt.

Of course, if they told me I had to be able to do 2 pushups and 3 situps in the same week, I wouldn't make the cut.

Post #: 24
RE: New enlistment age - 7/27/2005 8:09:44 AM   
mogami

quote:

ORIGINAL: riley555

Just so you all know real war isn't glory like the war movies on your home shelves that are stamped and requested to be made by the U.S. military. I know some you are naive and think it's an exciting prospect with honor and glory but it isn't, never has been, never will be.

Hi, I knew all that and still I could never stand not to go when the balloon went up. From 17 to 37 everytime the USA went into combat I re-enlisted and then got out when it was over. I tried to get back in after 911 but could not get my blood pressure down enough. (Broke my heart) It was never about honor or glory. I just can't stand to be on the street when the US military is commited. The 42 is only for first timers. You can retread as long as you can do 20 before your 55. (I have one more year to get back in)

I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!

(in reply to riley555a)
Post #: 25
RE: New enlistment age - 7/27/2005 9:35:59 AM   
Tophat

quote:

Honor and glory? I'm talking about having a somewhat semi-trained large base of personel to draw from. Also if you shove a weapon in someones hands a quick lesson in reality usually follows.

(in reply to riley555a)
Post #: 26
RE: New enlistment age - 7/27/2005 9:52:24 AM   
jwilkerson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tophat

quote:

Honor and glory? I'm talking about having a somewhat semi-trained large base of personel to draw from. Also if you shove a weapon in someones hands a quick lesson in reality usually follows.

Yup ... I especially like the tale of the Victor Charlie who was part of a group which captured a jeep with a 90mm RCR aboard. They quickly "pointed" the weapon at their US enemies and "fired a round" ... unfortunately they had pointed the wrong end of the weapon at the "enemy" and one poor sod was blown to bits when the round exited "to the rear" of the weapon. But he certainly got a "quick lesson in reality" !!!

AE Project Lead
New Game Project Lead

(in reply to Tophat)
Post #: 27
RE: New enlistment age - 7/27/2005 11:23:54 AM   
testarossa

I thought that being a combat engineer is about "fireworks", mines and all this other cool stuff with explosives. I got all that in due time, but we actually started from learning digging drainage ditches, building pontoon bridges and other engineering jobs (setting up latrines, connecting water pipes etc).

And officers were so dumb and self-satisfied. And Sikhs with their turbans were hilarious. When I asked Sarge if I can wear hockey helmet (Canadian national headgear) as another manifestation of multiculturalism, I thought he’s going to bury me right there. Obviously he didn’t like the idea with turbans at all.

It was good weekend sport. And riding M113A3 cross-country was exciting. It’s kinda fast and jumpy, so when it goes over the hill you get that feeling that it’s the last second of your life. And I got the grant for college too.

Later they selected some veterans, who really liked to walk over uncharted minefields and sent them to Bosnia or something.
But I quit already.

< Message edited by testarossa -- 7/27/2005 11:25:50 AM >

Dr. Miller: I should've called the marines!
Dalton: They're few, they're proud... And they ain't here!!!

(in reply to jwilkerson)
Post #: 28
RE: New enlistment age - 7/27/2005 12:22:57 PM   
Terminus

quote:

Wow, he actually had the stones to show up here again...

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to riley555a)
Post #: 29
RE: New enlistment age - 7/27/2005 12:50:36 PM   
wild_Willie2

quote:

Wow, he actually had the stones to show up here again...

Yeah, already thought about giving him my honest oppinion how I think about him , but then the tread would just be closed due to " mudtrowing"

In vinum illic est sapientia , in matera illic est vires , in aqua illic es bacteria.

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is strength, in water there are bacteria.

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> New enlistment age Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI