Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Fleet pushed inland

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Crown Of Glory Support >> Fleet pushed inland Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Fleet pushed inland - 7/27/2005 6:53:28 PM   
hmicc

I was playing as spain and my arm and fleet was in province with a port. I was attacked by France (France never declared war on me nor did the relationship screen show me at war with France I guess it was a surprise attack) and lost. My army in the province as well as my fleet were pushed into an inland province. At that point, my fleet could not move out of the province. A bug?
Post #: 1
RE: Fleet pushed inland - 7/27/2005 7:44:06 PM   
ian77

I have seen a turkish fleet in Switzerland, it said 2 frigates when I clicked on it on the stratigic map, but when I attacked it it turned into/out to be 2 Inf and an Irr Cav.

(in reply to hmicc)
Post #: 2
RE: Fleet pushed inland - 7/27/2005 10:12:57 PM   
Naomi

I thought it might be related to AI's confused treatment of units and provinces. It sometimes takes a naval unit as a land one, or takes a land province for a sea zone. Recently, I witnessed even a corps of mine trapped in a friendly province, no order placed on them could move it out of there (as I found later, except by sending auto-join orders to individual units in the corps or by waiting for an enemy force punching it out), even if the surrounding area was my homeland.

This "buggy" province was Switzerland, which my (French) allied Spain obtained it from Austria (which had taken this protectorate of mine before). I suspected AI mistook the adjacent provinces (whether they be Piedmont or Burgundy) to this troops-trapping Switzerland as inaccessible. I do just hope this experience will not be frequently reproduced.

(in reply to ian77)
Post #: 3
RE: Fleet pushed inland - 7/28/2005 5:04:09 PM   
ericbabe

We've had just a few reports of inland ships and fleets. Yours is the first one that actually has some clue as to how it might have happened. I'll look into it.

Re corps getting stuck in homeland provinces, I've never seen this reported as you describe it. Do you happen to have the savegame file? Were they your corps or a protectorate's corps?

(in reply to hmicc)
Post #: 4
RE: Fleet pushed inland - 7/28/2005 8:31:25 PM   
Naomi

quote:

ORIGINAL: ericbabe

We've had just a few reports of inland ships and fleets. Yours is the first one that actually has some clue as to how it might have happened. I'll look into it.

Re corps getting stuck in homeland provinces, I've never seen this reported as you describe it. Do you happen to have the savegame file? Were they your corps or a protectorate's corps?

It's a province newly belonging to my allied nation. (This province is Switzerland. Playing France, I lost it to Austria. Britain wanted it to be liberated, though Spain asked for it to be ceded to her in a terms-of-surrender treaty with Austria. It ended up in the hands of Spain, perhaps because AI gave precedence to a terms-of-surrender clause.) The corps stuck there is one of my nation's, rather than any of my vassals'. I still keep the file, but in the game I finally waited for an enemy coming to fight the corps and chose to escape the enemy and hence the province.

Note:
*I studied this anomaly so hard as to find only by sending auto-join orders to individual divisions in the corps could I make them leave the province, though doing so would mean sacrificing the corps counter and, with it, any possible course of actions a corps could do for me.
*I reported a related bug in a thread titled "Detainee Bug" in the same section.

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 5
RE: Fleet pushed inland - 7/28/2005 10:24:56 PM   
Mr. Z

[check your email Eric]

< Message edited by Mr. Z -- 7/28/2005 10:26:32 PM >

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 6
RE: Fleet pushed inland - 7/31/2005 2:04:18 AM   
OldManRick

Same thing happened to me but the province was ocean boarder no port. russia attacks sweden home fleet pushed south. fleet is loaned on surrender and can't move.

(in reply to Mr. Z)
Post #: 7
RE: Fleet pushed inland - 8/1/2005 8:09:57 PM   
Fariseo

Well, now I can explain my case, I know exactly why my fleet is inland.

We are playing a PBEM game, and I'm playing as Russian and other player is Britain. We agree make a treaty and I lend my russian fleet (on black sea in balanced game), but I added some conditions that the brit consider too expensive for himself, then he refused the treaty and in my turn the fleet appears in Moscow. Now in this turn I will try to send the ships to reinforce th other fleet. When I do I will tell you.

< Message edited by Fariseo -- 8/1/2005 8:11:41 PM >

(in reply to hmicc)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Crown Of Glory Support >> Fleet pushed inland Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI