Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Drafting POWs - a bug or a feature?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Crown Of Glory Support >> Drafting POWs - a bug or a feature? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Drafting POWs - a bug or a feature? - 7/31/2005 2:01:05 AM   
OldManRick

When you inspect a province with troop and POWs in it, you can move men from the POW units to your own units. I haven't completely checked it out but the POWs do disappear (and don't go home after a surrender) and your units do seem to get larger.

No loss of morale in your units, even when the unit becomes majority POW.

Is this a bug or a feature????

real bug - russia took over Sweden's captial province with a fleet in it and the fleet was moved to the non port province just to the south (not out to sea). As part of the Surrender terms I was loaned the fleet. Since in was located in a non port province, it could not move (even with free passage).
Post #: 1
RE: Drafting POWs - a bug or a feature? - 7/31/2005 3:04:09 AM   
ericbabe

Whoops.

(in reply to OldManRick)
Post #: 2
RE: Drafting POWs - a bug or a feature? - 7/31/2005 3:26:37 AM   
dpstafford

quote:

ORIGINAL: ericbabe
Whoops.

Unbelievable.....I think is the word you were looking for.........

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 3
RE: Drafting POWs - a bug or a feature? - 7/31/2005 9:29:18 AM   
OldManRick

By your Whoops, I can assume that is it a bug. If so I think I want to put in for finding the biggest oversight in the game.

Just a note - I originally tried managing the POWs because I had a unit using a depot tthere and wanted to cut down the cost of POWs. I thought about it and move men from high morale units to low morale units so the high morale units would be disbanded. Then the happy though of adding some troops to my own unit came up as I dragged across one of my units and saw the "men" pop up.

(in reply to dpstafford)
Post #: 4
RE: Drafting POWs - a bug or a feature? - 8/1/2005 6:23:53 PM   
marirosa

With my pow i use to reorganize them (transfer men from small units to make few big units, even to the point of leave some pow units at 0 strengh) so it is easy for me to embark the pows and drop them in a island.

I tried once or twice to refill my own units but i was unable. Under what conditions are you able to refill your own units with pow men?

About fleets, i loaned the french fleet once, but then France dowed me and its fleet ended in Ille de France unable to move the remaining of the game.

(in reply to OldManRick)
Post #: 5
RE: Drafting POWs - a bug or a feature? - 8/8/2005 10:38:48 PM   
Lee James

Well that will teach you not to lend ANYTHING to the French. They still have all the kit they borrowed in WWII.

(in reply to marirosa)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Crown Of Glory Support >> Drafting POWs - a bug or a feature? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI