Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Arty speed revisited

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Arty speed revisited Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Arty speed revisited - 6/29/2000 7:00:00 PM   
sjuncal

I'm wondering if the matrix guys have any thoughts on retooling the way arty works in terms of gameplay. As numerus people have noted, normal arty speed is just too slow even with message speed at less than one second. Fast arty likewise too fast and unimmersive (even when it had sound effects). IMO the problem stems from the 3 meg sound file used for bombardment... trying to sync the game to this sound track (and not the other way around) makes normal arty a long process with a couple battalions -- on both sides -- worth of inf support (mortars, SPA) and often on and off board arty as well. Syncing fast arty with the long bombardment wav seems to be the root of the 2.0 "ultra slow" fast arty bug (I experienced this myself, even went out for an hour and came back to the game still grinding away resolving the arty); and the 2.1 no sound fix for this bug. If I may suggest it. Could the arty go back to the simple single sound effects for each shot paradigm of past SP games? The elimination of the wait period (as the rounds are fired and the bombardment sound kicks in) would make normal arty speed much more playable IMHO. Simon

Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Arty speed revisited Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI