Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

This is just sad :(

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> This is just sad :( Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
This is just sad :( - 7/30/2005 9:39:59 PM   
lpd145

I have been lurking here for about 9 months and cant believe the patience everyone has. I understand that the developer is a busy man, but so am I. And I have found my way in here to check out whats going on once or twice a week. So, how hard would it be to log in and write a few lines about how things are going? It appears to me that either the man doesnt care about the people that are anxious to support his game, or the game is not coming along as well as is thought. You all know it, just some of you are in denial. Im sure that if any of you were developing a game, you would keep the faithful informed. At the very least, its good business strategy.

Ill be back in a week.

In the words of Dr. Evil: "throw me a friggin bone here"
Post #: 1
RE: This is just sad :( - 7/30/2005 10:24:03 PM   
mudrick

quote:

ORIGINAL: lpd145

I have been lurking here for about 9 months and cant believe the patience everyone has.

Yes, isn't it amazing?

(in reply to lpd145)
Post #: 2
RE: This is just sad :( - 7/31/2005 3:55:29 AM   
CFC

II have no patience anymore. Our league is going with FBPRO for yet another season. FBPRO is fine though as it is a good quality game. As much as we would love to have MXFB, we dont need it. Life is great without it so who cares if we have MXFB?

I do agree that the patience is quite ridiculous. I have no patience and therefore we have gone with FBPRO yet again!

COMPLETELY AGREED WITH THE ORGINAL THREAD

(in reply to mudrick)
Post #: 3
RE: This is just sad :( - 8/1/2005 1:58:38 AM   
Steelplayer

I have been keeping tabs on this game FOREVER. Not sure if it will ever be released or not. I played FBpro for years (hello mudrick), but the many AI flaws became too much to put up with as more and more people began to abuse, and find ways around the rules. It was less about football, and more about beating the AI. (which I was doing to start my FBpro career, but saw how that was ruining the game, so went to the other side of it)

I was looking forward to this game, hoping it would be able to actually do what FPpro did, but with less AI flaws, making it more enjoyable for those who really just want to enjoy football. I have been able to partly satisfy my urge for football with games like TPF and Front Office football, but its not the same as being able to design your own plays, watch how tings devlop, and so on.

I dont think its really patience, more than it is not having any other options. Sure, I enjoy Madden some... but its just an arcade game. Sure I enjoy my Text style football sims, but they lack in certain areas as well. This is the only game of its type coming out, one that has enough graphics, control, and simulation to make it worthwhile. So I am waiting... if it never comes out, I will continue what I am doing.... which is waiting until the day there is a game that can bridge the gap bewteen Madden and Front Office Football.

Al Brown

(in reply to CFC)
Post #: 4
RE: This is just sad :( - 8/1/2005 2:26:10 AM   
godave

quote:

I have been lurking here for about 9 months and cant believe the patience everyone has. . . . Ill be back in a week.

Can't you see the irony in this post?

Seriously, why not be patient? What other option is there? If you want to play three-down football, there is no other choice on the market. Instead, I'm sure not one of us is just sitting around watching grass grow, keeping our lives on hold until this game comes out. Though a lot on here whine and cry, I'm sure nobody is really sitting in their rooms crying all day because they've lost all patience with David Winter and MaxFB. Whether Matrix or Wintervalley really care about the customer or not is of no importance to me, as long as they put out a decent video game of 3-down, large-field football. If they don't, life goes on, but I'll patiently keep checking--it's not a big deal to me.

(in reply to lpd145)
Post #: 5
RE: This is just sad :( - 8/1/2005 8:23:27 PM   
OrionX

quote:

ORIGINAL: godave

quote:

I have been lurking here for about 9 months and cant believe the patience everyone has. . . . Ill be back in a week.

Can't you see the irony in this post?

Seriously, why not be patient? What other option is there? If you want to play three-down football, there is no other choice on the market. Instead, I'm sure not one of us is just sitting around watching grass grow, keeping our lives on hold until this game comes out. Though a lot on here whine and cry, I'm sure nobody is really sitting in their rooms crying all day because they've lost all patience with David Winter and MaxFB. Whether Matrix or Wintervalley really care about the customer or not is of no importance to me, as long as they put out a decent video game of 3-down, large-field football. If they don't, life goes on, but I'll patiently keep checking--it's not a big deal to me.

I see the irony in the post you quoted but your post isn't any better.
quote:

Whether Matrix or Wintervalley really care about the customer or not is of no importance to me, as long as they put out a decent video game...

Umm, they would have to care about the customer in order to put out a decent game, wouldn't they? Now thats irony.

(in reply to godave)
Post #: 6
RE: This is just sad :( - 8/3/2005 7:46:53 PM   
mudrick

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steelplayer

I have been keeping tabs on this game FOREVER. Not sure if it will ever be released or not. I played FBpro for years (hello mudrick), but the many AI flaws became too much to put up with as more and more people began to abuse, and find ways around the rules. It was less about football, and more about beating the AI. (which I was doing to start my FBpro career, but saw how that was ruining the game, so went to the other side of it)

I was looking forward to this game, hoping it would be able to actually do what FPpro did, but with less AI flaws, making it more enjoyable for those who really just want to enjoy football. I have been able to partly satisfy my urge for football with games like TPF and Front Office football, but its not the same as being able to design your own plays, watch how tings devlop, and so on.
Al Brown

Hello Al. Can't dissagree with your post. But as you know this game will not be H2H playable. So for me, and any league's i'm in, we can't switch over. I am mainly interested in this games potential. Hopefully the next version or a 3rd party program like Kaillera will make it H2H. But as you know, when you have players on the field and custom plays, it's all about AI.

(in reply to Steelplayer)
Post #: 7
RE: This is just sad :( - 8/4/2005 12:47:12 AM   
Steelplayer

Well Mud, I kinda figure if the game does come out, and is half as good as it sounds, SOMEONE will make it a H2H game. That is at least my hope. I love football, and I loved playing H2H against you and all the other coaches in out league, but I just could not put up with the outdated program, and all the flaws it had.

That being sad, I hope your still having fun with it, you must be catching me on Championships by now.

(in reply to mudrick)
Post #: 8
RE: This is just sad :( - 8/5/2005 10:16:06 AM   
mudrick

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steelplayer

Well Mud, I kinda figure if the game does come out, and is half as good as it sounds, SOMEONE will make it a H2H game.

That being sad, I hope your still having fun with it, you must be catching me on Championships by now.

Don't count on it. H2H seems to be reserved for games like Quake and Warcraft.

As far as me catching up LOL....I've won 6 and lost 2. One to you and I just lost the DOFL bowl a few weeks ago. Anyway...DOFL is in the off season. If someone quits it would be nice to see you back for one more season.

(in reply to Steelplayer)
Post #: 9
RE: This is just sad :( - 8/5/2005 3:24:10 PM   
Steelplayer

quote:

As far as me catching up LOL....I've won 6 and lost 2. One to you and I just lost the DOFL bowl a few weeks ago . Anyway...DOFL is in the off season. If someone quits it would be nice to see you back for one more season.

Well, I think I won 7 in total, so your just about there. :)

As for me back in, I doubt that would be good, or people would want me back. The flaws in the game always annoy me after a while. Last time I came back, I stayed for one season, won the SB, and next season there were more rule changes, stolen plays, and stuff that just bleed the fun right out of it. I would enjoy playing against some of you again, but back in league I doubt would work too well.

(in reply to mudrick)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> This is just sad :( Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI