Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Does infantry on tanks fight?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> Does infantry on tanks fight? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Does infantry on tanks fight? - 8/6/2005 4:32:02 AM   
asd123321

to provide support when moving near enemy or do I have to unload for each attack and then load to move on?
Post #: 1
RE: Does infantry on tanks fight? - 8/6/2005 5:23:51 AM   
Alby

Infrantry will only fight when unloaded.
but they will take casualties whle riding on vehicles if the vehicle is hit.

< Message edited by Alby -- 8/6/2005 5:24:16 AM >

(in reply to asd123321)
Post #: 2
RE: Does infantry on tanks fight? - 8/6/2005 7:43:31 AM   
Goblin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alby

Thanks to Mike Woods!!

Goblin

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 3
RE: Does infantry on tanks fight? - 8/6/2005 5:25:19 PM   
Alby

quote:

ORIGINAL: Goblin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alby

Thanks to Mike Woods!!

Goblin

Yes, that is the only thing keeping me from going back to the 8.3 mech until the spotting thing is fixed...
I hate the tank assualting thing thats going on now with 8.4 but I dont want to lose the rider casualties!!

(in reply to Goblin)
Post #: 4
RE: Does infantry on tanks fight? - 9/9/2005 11:49:18 PM   
Swamprat

The spotting thing? Something wrong with 8.4? I'm on 8.4 now. What's wrong with it? Couldn't detect any difference between that and 8.3 or 8.2.

[IMG]http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k436/Swamprat98/need_help_3_126.jpg[/IMG]

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 5
RE: Does infantry on tanks fight? - 9/10/2005 3:33:45 AM   
KNomad

quote:

ORIGINAL: Swamprat

The spotting thing? Something wrong with 8.4? I'm on 8.4 now. What's wrong with it? Couldn't detect any difference between that and 8.3 or 8.2.

You would if you were one of those idiots like me.

The game may be called "Steel Panthers," but for me,
it's all about "The Queen of the Battlefield."

And an 8.4 infantryman will run, screaming like a little girl,
at the first sight of an enemy AFV.

And, not to mention, 8.4's clairvoyant tank crews.
Super spinning StuG's of Death, anyone?

@ALBY - I feel your pain. I'm with ya, toughing it out til 8.5.

< Message edited by KNomad -- 9/10/2005 3:38:36 AM >

The gnome zaps a wand of death. (Nethack)
Don't get hurt! (XCOM: Apocolypse)
Incoming firepower has the Right of Way!
Fire at Will (or Wesley)!

(in reply to Swamprat)
Post #: 6
RE: Does infantry on tanks fight? - 9/10/2005 7:41:38 PM   
Swamprat

Nope, still none the wiser.

Alby's post indicates that infantry have too much advantage over tanks.
KNomad's post indicates that tanks have too much advantage over infantry. Spinning Stugs of death? Nice picture image, but...??????

I'm new here by the way. Don't know about past history of 8.3, 8.4, or Mike Woods.

Any clarification would be gratefully received.

[IMG]http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k436/Swamprat98/need_help_3_126.jpg[/IMG]

(in reply to KNomad)
Post #: 7
RE: Does infantry on tanks fight? - 9/10/2005 7:44:27 PM   
KG Erwin

Keep hanging tough, KNomad. 8.5 promises to be a huge improvement over 8.4. Michael HAS listened to the players' concerns, and fixes are being made.

I'll say this up front -- I have NO idea on the time-frame for release, so don't ask.

(in reply to KNomad)
Post #: 8
RE: Does infantry on tanks fight? - 9/10/2005 7:59:11 PM   
VikingNo2

I had this on another thread I hope this helps

H2H- Looks different and plays much different than all the rest. Reworked OOB’s the German have German names and all OOB’s have lots of different types of equipment. If is the version that first came up with mobile MG that could move then shoot. Price is linked with performance so Recoilless Rifles are expensive. Mobile arty is much more expensive. All Transports are much more expensive. Ammo load out are different. Spotting is set to Default at 60% (IMHO 85% works very well in H2H, at 60% you can be standing two spaces for a Stug and it disappear). The “ Willy Meter” is disabled; the Willy meter is the * that pops up when a unit has been spotted. Very good version, I recommend getting it, I would have it on a computer if I where a SPWAW addict and I am.

7.1 – Liked this version allots still have it. I will explain the differences from this one in the next two.

8.3 – Is an upgrade from 8.2, which had some very bad bugs in it that effected game play. 8.3 fixed the bugs. Bazooka’s and other infantry AT weapons are handled differently, you can do Bayonet charges. Prices where reworked and adjusted. Some bugs were fix I think AA weapons were re-classed in this on but I’m not sure. I like it but I have kept 7.1. This is when we get mobile light/medium MG’s. The US 60m jeep mortar is no longer available in its old form, it now a Jeep carrying a mortar instead of a Jeep mounting a mortar.

8.4 – This one is truly different because its not just OOB changes, the Mech.exe is different (So is H2H by the way) this file change how the game operates and handles situations. One key change in 8.4 tank riders take casualties when the tank gets hit, this is something that used to take place many version ago and finally made it back. Another key change is troop base experience has been change, upping some countries and lowering others, this affects cost and all sort of things. Now there are some tweaks that the gamers have asked for and are coming. The spotting routine was change in 8.4 it is very, very difficult to get with in one hex of a tank and now get shot, regardless of your terrain or even if the tank is suppressed. This is a game killer for some players; it is going to be changed in the next update.

I keep 8.4 because I play allot of game and it is the latest version by Matrix, I also keep this version “ clean “ by this I mean no mod’s of any sort, Its easier for me to coordinate my game with others this way. I use 8.3 for vehicle mod’s and other Icon mod’s there are some very good icon mod’s the make the game look tons better IMO, also it doesn’t have the change in spotting which makes infantry assaults a thing of the past. Also if you have the modification and others player doesn’t you will see strange things, for example the person without the mod will see Stugs as jet fighters. The jet still acts like a Stug in every respect but looks like a jet.

I probably missed a few things but I covered quite a bit. I hope this helps

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 9
RE: Does infantry on tanks fight? - 9/10/2005 8:28:47 PM   
Procrustes

Just wondering - anyone know if there has been any progress on figuring out why the megacamps crash in 8.4 when C&C is on? I'm really, really hoping that can be fixed.

VikingNo2 - you mentioned that v8.2 had "very bad bugs that affected game play" - could you please flesh that out a bit? (I think I remember MMG's got a lot more effective against infantry, HMG's became a lot more effective against armor, and a lot of complaining about the OOB's, purchase prices, etc. etc.)

- Up until now I had several versions installed, depending on where I was in which megacamp. I'm currently trying to decide which version prior to 8.4 to consoldate to.

(in reply to VikingNo2)
Post #: 10
RE: Does infantry on tanks fight? - 9/10/2005 8:41:02 PM   
KG Erwin

Thanks, Viking. That's a good run-down of the game's development over the last few years.

I'm using the test version of 8.41, with much of Alby's multi-mod (icons, terrain features, etc) and my own personalized variation of the 8.3 OOBs, plus some different background music.

With a little experience on how the database can be altered, an individual can customize & personalize SPWaW to suit their own needs, without significantly changing the way the game engine works. All the "personalizing" is just different flavors of icing on the basic cake recipe. Mine is German Chocolate mixed with Marine napalm jello. Just don't light the candles.

< Message edited by KG Erwin -- 9/10/2005 8:44:01 PM >

(in reply to VikingNo2)
Post #: 11
RE: Does infantry on tanks fight? - 9/10/2005 8:49:53 PM   
Terminus

CLICK-CLICK-CLICK!

FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!

Happy Birthday...

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 12
RE: Does infantry on tanks fight? - 9/10/2005 9:22:33 PM   
KG Erwin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

CLICK-CLICK-CLICK!

FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!

Happy Birthday...

The title of the new Stones album just happens to be "A Bigger Bang". ROFLMAO!

An advance warning -- the Gunny is doing this today in anticipation of the televised Katrina Benefit Concert tonight (8-11 pm EST on MTV, VH1 and CMT). Amongst the performers are two of my favorites -- The Rolling Stones and Brian Wilson.

< Message edited by KG Erwin -- 9/10/2005 9:27:46 PM >

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 13
RE: Does infantry on tanks fight? - 9/10/2005 10:37:53 PM   
Swamprat

Thanks Viking. That's made it a lot clearer.

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 14
RE: Does infantry on tanks fight? - 9/11/2005 12:14:01 AM   
VikingNo2

8.2, IMO the prices were off. The preformnce of some units was changed

MG reguardless of caliber routinly disabled tanks. The MG would be the most feared unit in the game if nothing changed

There was some other but I only played about five or six games with 8.2. I went back to 7.1 rather quickly. There were some good things with 8.2 allot I mean allot of effort and time went into it OOBs fixing error and so on. But the MG thing was unexpected and made the game very hard to play.

One thing I forgot to mention most if not all of the good things that where do were carried to the new version

< Message edited by VikingNo2 -- 9/12/2005 5:14:50 PM >

(in reply to Swamprat)
Post #: 15
RE: Does infantry on tanks fight? - 9/11/2005 4:50:11 AM   
Procrustes

Many thanks.

P.

(in reply to VikingNo2)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> Does infantry on tanks fight? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI