Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

What do you do differntly in 1.602?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> What do you do differntly in 1.602? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What do you do differntly in 1.602? - 8/7/2005 5:07:46 AM   
Tophat

I'm playing Japan in a new 1.602pbem game and i'm wondering what other players have done initially?I'll be getting my turn#1 back in abit<we went historical first turn>and i'm not sure what production changes and choices i'll be making this time.
Post #: 1
RE: What do you do differntly in 1.602? - 8/7/2005 10:21:11 AM   
Tophat

JEEZ!!! I see 43 views and not a single reply......what? No-one using the 1.602 patch? Or are all the tricks still secret?

(in reply to Tophat)
Post #: 2
RE: What do you do differntly in 1.602? - 8/7/2005 11:20:58 AM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tophat
I'm playing Japan in a new 1.602pbem game and i'm wondering what other players have done initially?I'll be getting my turn#1 back in abit<we went historical first turn>and i'm not sure what production changes and choices i'll be making this time.

Ufff... where to begin... it would take a book for me to write...

I think the best way is to search this board with:

"Japan"
"Production"

as keywords.

Also I am attaching what other people have done:

quote:

Convert A5M4 Claude -> A6M2 Zero (Nagasaki has 6)
Convert G3M Nell -> G4M1 Betty (Gumma has 20)

Convert Nissan engines to Nakajima
Convert Aichi engines to Nakajima
Expand Nakajima engines

Leave the rest alone for the next 6 months of the game.

Rangoon will produce each turn (50 oil points)
300 oil
50 fuel

First off... Yes, you need to pull resources and oil back to japan to the tune of roughly 6000 of each per day - luckily you have enough stockpiled for roughly 190 days - so if you don't have most / all of the bases you need by then, GAME OVER.. As to where to land them it depends on where its coming from, but you want to concentrate in large ports so they can unload faster. Try for Sasebo as its a size 10 port as is Hiroshima I believe. Tokyo is just too far east - save it, Osaka and Nagoya for sending out supplies and fuel to your bases...

Once you dump off the oil / resources in Sasebo and such the rail will move it all over Japan to where its needed... BUT remember not everything is connected to the Home Islands.. You have industry in Formosa you need to fuel... Some on Sakhalin Island thats need oil and resources, not to mention China and Kwangtung - especially Singapore and Manilla (I think) once you take them. You will have industry all over the place and it ALL needs fed to keep the HI points up where you need them to be. Right now I barely have enough HI points to run everythign I have and I still have major expansion to do - just waiting for my current expansion to finish and for more supplies to save up.

Xargun

Out of the 9 engines designs you only need 5 different ones and then only a couple in large amounts. You need Aichi, Nissan, Hitachi, Mitsubishi and Nakajima... With Nakajima the top and Mitsubishi the second. I believe Aichi is only one aircraft design (D4Y Judy) but you definately want that one - better DB for your CVs. Kawasaki has 1 type as well (Ki-46-III KAI Dinah fighter. HItachi has several types - mostly recon and transport planes. I forget what the Nissan engine is for, but I think only 1 design as well.

In my current PBEM game, I am currently producing all 5 engines in varying amounts. I think I have only a single factory for the small three and large factories of Mitsu and Nakajimas.

The A6M3 is crappy, but you need them to fill incoming fighter squadrons. Upgrade to Zekes as fast as you can once you get them... Right now I have over 100 A6M2s in production and unfortunately only have like 10 in my pool - just reloaded all my CVs and airgroups and upgraded all CV Claudes to Zeros. So now I just have to produce enough to cover my losses. BTW, dont expect to convert aircraft overnight on CVs - so far its been like 3 days and only 9 Zeros have been repaired while the other 9 are sitting around broken. Sloooooow..

Xargun

I agree. I like smaller factories (size 50 or so) compared to 80+. Its just better that way, as you must have HI in the pool equal to the entire factory size before it will even consider producing ANY engines and the larger factories may not make any in the later years when HI grow short. I think I have AIchi expanded to 50 (I want lots of DBs for my CVs) and the others are in the 20-30 range. I have one huge Nakajima factory (150+) and the rest are smaller. As 42 closes I will probably convert at least one or two of the Mitsu (80 size) factories over to Nakajimas as the need for Mitsu decrease a lot in late 42 and onward (when compared to Nakajima need).

I believe HI points accumulate into a pool and are spent from that pool in a certain order. The trick with engines is that if you have a 30 Kawasaki Engine factory you need 30 HI points available before it will even THINK about making engines... Then, you will only produce 1-2 engines out of the factory per day. So if you have 30 HI left - the factory will run, but it will only produce 1 engine as the each cost 18. The extra 12 HI would carry over to next turn.

Basically the factory will not produce ANY engines if you do not have HI points equal to the size of the factory left in your pool - which is why those large Mitsubishi factories are not that great - you'd be better off having 2 or 3 smaller ones than 1 large one.

Xargun

These questions were confirmed via Betas and the design team in another thread. HI consumes 1 oil and 1 resource ONLY - BUT it needs 2 oil at the location per HI point for it to run - kinda like a reserve. If you have 500 HI, it checks to see if you have 500 resource and 1000 oil at the location - if you do - it will run and consume 500 of each and produce 500 HI (also produce 500 supply and 750 fuel). If you do not have the 500 resource & 1000 oil no HI will run at the location.

HI production is ALL OR NOTHING - same as Aircraft Engines... If it doesn't make the checks it won't run any of the industry.

Leo "Apollo11"

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE

(in reply to Tophat)
Post #: 3
RE: What do you do differntly in 1.602? - 8/7/2005 5:07:29 PM   
tsimmonds

quote:

Once you dump off the oil / resources in Sasebo and such the rail will move it all over Japan to where its needed...

Don't just continue dumping it all in the same one port. Ports can get "full," and it can take the rail system some time to do its distribution thing. Once you have 999,999 oil or resource points in one spot, any additional points that you unload there just evaporate. Spread the wealth around a bit, and periodically check oil/resource levels at your ports to make sure you won't just be pouring the next convoy-load out onto the ground....

Fear the kitten!

(in reply to Apollo11)
Post #: 4
RE: What do you do differntly in 1.602? - 8/7/2005 5:44:14 PM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: irrelevant

quote:

Once you dump off the oil / resources in Sasebo and such the rail will move it all over Japan to where its needed...

Don't just continue dumping it all in the same one port. Ports can get "full," and it can take the rail system some time to do its distribution thing. Once you have 999,999 oil or resource points in one spot, any additional points that you unload there just evaporate. Spread the wealth around a bit, and periodically check oil/resource levels at your ports to make sure you won't just be pouring the next convoy-load out onto the ground....

I gree.

BTW I was just doing "copy & paste" from one old(er) forum thread aboiut what to do as Japanese player in WitP grand campaign.

My own economy plan is different...

Leo "Apollo11"

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE

(in reply to tsimmonds)
Post #: 5
RE: What do you do differntly in 1.602? - 8/8/2005 5:34:45 PM   
Tophat

I know what people have suggested before,i was looking for any changes people have discovered that you need for 1.602 specifically.
Thanks Irrelevant about the port oil/resource limit,I was unaware of that.

(in reply to Apollo11)
Post #: 6
RE: What do you do differntly in 1.602? - 8/8/2005 5:55:24 PM   
Terminus

There isn't really that much different in 1.602. Not enough to warrant an enormous change of strategy.

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to Tophat)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> What do you do differntly in 1.602? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI