Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Equipment upgrades in MCLV

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Mega-Campaigns for SP:WaW >> Equipment upgrades in MCLV Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Equipment upgrades in MCLV - 8/10/2005 2:08:59 AM   
RUPD3658

OK. I am 14 scenarios in and just had my first run in with the Stalin line. I broke through in a DV and the next scenario was a shoot um up where I got to blow up a ton of Russian trucks, ammo carriers, fuel carriers, and ammo/fuel dumps. I was happy to see that 1/3 of my trucks had become spw 251s, my 37mm ATGs were now 50mm ATGs, and one of my recon spw 250s had become a Beob FO unit. All of these upgraded units survived the scenario.

After achieving a DV in the shoot um up (and getting a medal for it) I move on to the next scenario in the Primpet marshes where the friggin' Cossaks come out of the wood work and ambush my flank. In addition there are 4 KVs coming in on the other flank to give me headaches.

I figure that this should be no problem since I now have 50mm ATGs to deal with the KVs and the spw251s to deal with the devils on horse back. But then I look and see that all of my units have reverted back to what they were before the upgrades in the last scenario!

Has anyone played this MC long enough to say when I will get these upgraded units for good and if I will get anything better? Is this a bug where the scenarios got out of order?

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits"- Darwin Awards 2003

"No plan survives contact with the enemy." - Field Marshall Helmuth von Moltke

Post #: 1
RE: Equipment upgrades in MCLV - 8/10/2005 4:19:21 AM   
Jim1954

Happened to me too, once. Never could figure out why. I just carried on and eventually they came back. Remember too, the MC only stretches for about 6 mos of "real time" so that's about all the upgrades you get.

Jim1954
KMC/T

(in reply to RUPD3658)
Post #: 2
RE: Equipment upgrades in MCLV - 8/17/2005 6:14:44 AM   
RUPD3658

It happened again! I hit the scenario where I got to choose if I wanted to go to the Crimea or to Kiev. All of my units were set up on the parade grounds and I was happy to see that I again had SPW 251s and 50mm ATGs.

I chose to go to the Crimea (for the campaign badge mainly) and went onto to the next scenario only to find that all of this new gear had disappeared.

Oh well, some day........

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits"- Darwin Awards 2003

(in reply to Jim1954)
Post #: 3
RE: Equipment upgrades in MCLV - 8/22/2005 7:14:52 PM   
RockinHarry

quote:

ORIGINAL: RUPD3658

I chose to go to the Crimea (for the campaign badge mainly) and went onto to the next scenario only to find that all of this new gear had disappeared.

Oh well, some day........

Actually that should not happen! Did you apply all available MC Lost Victories patches already?

Wild Bill, if you´re around (you had the Mega Cam editor to work with), can you tell if the mega cam editor sets equipment upgrades so they become permanent at a given time? ..or is it rather set in the scenario file with regard to campaign tree? (...I suspect the latter)

RockinHarry in the web:

https://www.facebook.com/harry.zann

(in reply to RUPD3658)
Post #: 4
RE: Equipment upgrades in MCLV - 8/22/2005 11:34:55 PM   
RUPD3658

My MC is the one that came with the General's Edition. I had patched up to 8.4 prior to this happening.

I have played 3 scenarios with the upgraded equipment now so hopefully the problem has passed. The 50mm ATGs are a welcome releif to the KV terror.

(in reply to RockinHarry)
Post #: 5
RE: Equipment upgrades in MCLV - 8/29/2005 5:43:02 PM   
RockinHarry

There was a particular transition date when new equipment became available in Lost Victories. AFAIK it was september 1941 (?). When the equipment changed back to the old stuff, did you notice a warp back to an earlier battle date? Something like 9/41 battle with new equipment, followed by a 8/41 battle that has the old equipment?

RockinHarry in the web:

(in reply to RUPD3658)
Post #: 6
RE: Equipment upgrades in MCLV - 8/31/2005 7:59:50 PM   
RUPD3658

Could have been. I didn't really watch the dates but this would make sense.

(in reply to RockinHarry)
Post #: 7
RE: Equipment upgrades in MCLV - 9/9/2005 3:51:20 PM   
RUPD3658

Nope, not the dates. It happened again!

As I entered the Crimea about 8 scenarios ago (in October/November) all of my trucks went to HTs and my 37mmATG went to 50mm.

About 2-3 scenarios later 2 platoons of HTs (D&E companies) reverted to trucks.

Now after "Charge of the light brigade" it is December and I am about to assault Sevestopal in "Manstein's Christmas present". I lost all of my HTs to trucks and again have 37mm ATGs!. Some reward for a decisive victory!

Another strange thing was that the trucks that carried the 37AGTs became spw 250 and started every scenario carrying the 50mm ATGs. The problem was that they don't have the carry capacity to do this and could not reload them once dropped off. Every scenario I hade them swap with a 251 that was carrying a MMG.

(in reply to RUPD3658)
Post #: 8
RE: Equipment upgrades in MCLV - 9/13/2005 6:31:34 PM   
RockinHarry

Ok, I checked my Node list file and figured out that the mentioned scenario in my install of the Generals Edition has the same flaw. Looks like some flawed scenarios that actually were patched to avoid the odd change of equipment, made their reappearance in the MC Lost Victories again. Initially the flaw was caused by the scenario designers in responsibility, who forgot to choose for the correct core force by date. AFAIK these scenarios all were found and corrected for the later patches. Unfortunately I don´t have a list of what these patches included with regard to changes in detail.

With regard to the insufficient carry capacity of the SdKfz 250/1, I can confirm as well. Looks like any of the V8.x OOB revisions removed the gun carrying capacity ( from 106) and thus the Pak38 can´t be carried anymore. Mega Cam Lost Victories was designed under V5 and at that time the SdKfz 250/1 stil had the correct carry capacity. I have no idea about this particular change for V8.x. I recommend you open the OOB file and edit back unit 101 (SdKfz 250/1 HT) and change "carry" back to 106. Thanks for the find! Whoever is going to make an updated OOB (following V8.4) should make this change as well to insure Mega campaign compatibility.

RockinHarry in the web:

(in reply to RUPD3658)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Mega-Campaigns for SP:WaW >> Equipment upgrades in MCLV Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI