Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Minelayers

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Minelayers Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Minelayers - 8/13/2005 9:30:58 PM   
alext3

Playing as IJN and can't get minelayers to do there job.
Post #: 1
RE: Minelayers - 8/14/2005 2:05:42 AM   
USSMaine

You have to load them with mines and the only place to do this is Truk for the Japanese - or Noumea and Brisbane for the Allies

Sometimes - I seem to remember having to disband the TF then reform it - I got in the habit of checking to make sure the ship had mines loaded.

(in reply to alext3)
Post #: 2
RE: Minelayers - 8/18/2005 5:00:22 PM   
crsutton

You can open up the ship description to make sure the ship is carrying mines. If not, you will see a big red 0 where the mines should be. Just take the ship home to Noumea, Brisbane or Truk and it will automatically reload with mines.

To lay mines, make sure the ship is set to retire in the orders menu. If it is set to "patrol-do not retire" it will "not" lay mines. Then simply set the destination hex and the ship will go there and lay mines. It will work just like a fast transport mission. That is; the ship will sprint at full speed over the last few hexes, lay the mines and then sprint away at full speed to try and avoid retaliation.

Make sure, you have enough fuel for this type of mission or the ship will not make that final sprint.

If you want your ship to carry mines-say to another friendly port, then set the desired port as the home base for your ship and then click on tab to "return to base" You ship will head for that home port but not lay mines. That way you can safely refuel or hold the ship in that friendly port until you need it.

If you want your ship to go to a specific non-port hex and not lay mines then use the patrol-do not retire button. Your ship will go to the destination hex and stay there but will not lay mines. Just don't get caught and bombed.

That is pretty much all there is to know.

I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

(in reply to USSMaine)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Minelayers Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI