Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A few noob questions...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> A few noob questions... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A few noob questions... - 8/14/2005 10:27:10 PM   
Doobious

Just got CoG and enjoying the complexity so far. I have a few questions that I haven't found in the manual:

1) ANSWERED: Why are foreign troops roaming around on my lands? Neutral nations are sending troops into my territories. Is this bad? Can or should I do anything about it? Why aren't the armies in those provinces (not in towns) attacking the interlopers? (new game playing Sweden, and Danish troops are roaming my terriroties)

The rules for Minor Countries are different than for Player Nations. The manual only mentions Violating Territory for Nations (pg. 52), and not Countries. Minor Countries can violate Player Nation territory at will with no warning.

2) ANSWERED: The development advisor shows my Gross Production before waste I believe. Is there anywhere i can see a summary of my Net Production after waste?

Under the Economy tab, 3/4 of the way down is the National Production Adjustment Table

3) I have a merchant in a sea zone that says "Income 18". The econimic advisor says merchant income of 3. That much waste can't be right? Is it?

4) ANSWERED: How do I know if a trade route is profitable or bankrupting me?

"On the trade routes, you can see from the Nation tab of the Economic screen whether your trade is making you money. It's a little confusing because it's in the expenses section (on the right) so you want *negative* numbers. " Mynok

Any help is appreciated!

< Message edited by Doobious -- 8/17/2005 2:06:05 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: A few noob questions... - 8/16/2005 11:39:19 PM   
Doobious

...out of almost 100 views, no one has an answer to any of these questions?

(in reply to Doobious)
Post #: 2
RE: A few noob questions... - 8/17/2005 12:45:29 AM   
Mynok

On the trade routes, you can see from the Nation tab of the Economic screen whether your trade is making you money. It's a little confusing because it's in the expenses section (on the right) so you want *negative* numbers.

Now if you are trading for product, you will have to use the economy reports to figure out how much you are netting.

Your merchant income is affected by feudal level too. This is in the manual under Feudalism. I don't recall the exact calculations.

I'm not sure I can answer the first question. I've not experienced a neutral minor nation's roaming my home country. I've seen AI player nations encroach on my territory, at which point I usually get a message box in a turn or two asking whether I want to issue an ultimatum or declare war.

Hope that helps.

(in reply to Doobious)
Post #: 3
RE: A few noob questions... - 8/17/2005 12:55:09 AM   
Doobious

Thanks for your reply!

On the first question, just start a new game as Sweden in 1792. Do nothing and hit end turn.

Then they show up. Danish troops (the 4th and 5th infantry) in Sweden's provinces. In my test case, both showed up in Malmo, with my army group! ...and my armies don't attack them. I'm very confused.

Then, if they move to another of my provinces and I chase them to another province, I never attack them. I don't get it.

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 4
RE: A few noob questions... - 8/17/2005 1:42:54 AM   
carnifex

they violate your territory just like you can violate theirs while you're both at peace

they're just taking the easiest way to and from norway

(in reply to Doobious)
Post #: 5
RE: A few noob questions... - 8/17/2005 1:51:23 AM   
Doobious

quote:

I've seen AI player nations encroach on my territory, at which point I usually get a message box in a turn or two asking whether I want to issue an ultimatum or declare war.

quote:

they violate your territory just like you can violate theirs while you're both at peace

they're just taking the easiest way to and from norway

The rules for Minor Countries are different than for Player Nations? Is that what I'm hearing?

The manual only mentions Violating Territory for Nations (pg. 52), and not Countries. I assumed that they would be the same. No wonder I was so confused.

< Message edited by Doobious -- 8/17/2005 1:52:15 AM >

(in reply to carnifex)
Post #: 6
RE: A few noob questions... - 8/17/2005 4:09:41 AM   
siRkid

quote:

ORIGINAL: Doobious

...out of almost 100 views, no one has an answer to any of these questions?

Sorry but I did not feel qualified to answer.

Former War in the Pacific Test Team Manager and Beta Tester for War in the East.

(in reply to Doobious)
Post #: 7
RE: A few noob questions... - 8/17/2005 9:51:29 AM   
Hurz_slith

Question 3:

"Each level of feudalism reduces the amount of merchant
ship income by 50 Money, to a minimum of 20% of the base amount of merchant ship income." (manual, p61)

So I think it is simply you level of feudalism that reduces the mechant income so much. I think you need a fleet of more merchants until you really get something out of it.

< Message edited by Hurz -- 8/17/2005 9:53:14 AM >

(in reply to siRkid)
Post #: 8
RE: A few noob questions... - 8/17/2005 4:37:54 PM   
carnifex

quote:

So I think it is simply you level of feudalism that reduces the mechant income so much. I think you need a fleet of more merchants until you really get something out of it.

I was getting about 100 money with the British ships at Feudalism 25 (at start value 1805). At 12 I was getting roughly 200, and when I dropped it to zero it went to 400.

(in reply to Hurz_slith)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> A few noob questions... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI