Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

So, what's the story?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad >> So, what's the story? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
So, what's the story? - 8/8/2005 4:56:58 PM   
puck4604

I know I can't be the only one wondering what's going on with the game . . . or am I? I know Mark and the Matrix crew were at the con, but perhaps one of them could stop by here and let us know what's happening?

I guess I'm just anxious, or something. The fall semester starts in two weeks, and I was really hoping to run through a few of the scenarios before then. Any chances of that happening?

edit: oops, realized that the con was over.

< Message edited by puck4604 -- 8/8/2005 4:59:18 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: So, what's the story? - 8/8/2005 6:32:17 PM   
rickbill

quote:

puck4604 wrote: I know I can't be the only one wondering what's going on with the game . . . or am I?

Nope, you're not - but since the June release date slipped - responses have been hard to come by. Maybe 'cause they just don't know. The last authoritative post said the pre-orders would go out at the same time the shipment went to the WBC. I didn't get mine, but I haven't seen any AARs from the WBC. Did anyone attend WBC? Any LnL:BOH sightings?

(in reply to puck4604)
Post #: 2
RE: So, what's the story? - 8/9/2005 6:47:04 AM   
Magua

Yup. I'm kinda disappointed at the lack of news, of any kind.

(in reply to rickbill)
Post #: 3
RE: So, what's the story? - 8/9/2005 4:38:37 PM   
markhwalker

quote:

Nope, you're not - but since the June release date slipped - responses have been hard to come by.

That's BS. I've answered every freaking time someone has asked me. I can only give the information that I've been given. Printer supposedly has all components and is assembling them. I don't know how long that takes or how long it takes to ship after they are assembled.

Nothing but love,

Mark

(in reply to Magua)
Post #: 4
RE: So, what's the story? - 8/10/2005 2:46:34 AM   
Magua

quote:

That's BS.

Well, the last I read it was supposed to hit the streets on July 30. After what seemed to me to be a fairly well-reported buildup, July 30th comes and goes, and we have a news blackout. Mark, unless I missed something, I don't think anyone actually queried you specifically. I know my posts concerning this topic did not. I am just hoping to get some kind of status report, from anyone. If Matrix is the source for this kind of information, then I am disappointed that they have been so conspicuously absent from this discussion.

, Magua

(in reply to markhwalker)
Post #: 5
RE: So, what's the story? - 8/10/2005 5:06:48 AM   
rickbill

Whoa big fella! The question was why noone else was posting questions about the status of the BOH release.
My response was essentially that when the answer after the June slip was "it's at the printers" and the answer after the ORIGINS slip was "it's at the printers", I stopped asking and just figured it will get here when it gets here. From Mark's response, I must assume the shipment didn't show up at WBC either. And if that is true, I suspect (and his response seems to verify) that he is probably much more frustrated than we are (especially if he had to answer a few dozen questions at WBC about why it is delayed). If I recall correctly from a previous post to this board or maybe over on consimworld, they had to reject at least one delivery from the printer due to some QC problems on the part of the printer and that caused at least one of the slips. Hey, anyone who is in production/manufacturing has experienced something similar and I for one am not trying to start a flame war. So Mark, you can put your B-bomb back in your pocket. I promise to sit back in my little corner of the world and be quiet!

Relax dude, it's all good.

(in reply to Magua)
Post #: 6
RE: So, what's the story? - 8/10/2005 6:42:02 AM   
Erik Rutins

I expect Dave will post an update tomorrow, sorry to keep you all waiting.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to rickbill)
Post #: 7
RE: So, what's the story? - 8/11/2005 3:46:41 AM   
Magua

That's the ticket. We're all really excited about BOH, and I imagine Mark is the most excited of all. In fact, I have NEVER pre-ordered a game before. That's how excited I am.

But don't rush. Rushing is bad. Printers do a bad job if they are rushed. Did I say not to rush?

I have to go now.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 8
RE: So, what's the story? - 8/11/2005 6:44:26 AM   
David Heath

Hi Guys

Everything is at the warehouse waiting for the counters to show up and to be put together. There are a lot of items to be double checked and put together. Mark and I are getting a copies to review tomorrow. I will post more information here during the course of this week to keep everyone in the loop. I know we been late getting this out but I am really sure everyone going to enjoy this game. We have really poured a lot of time, effort and money into this game to really give you some value for your money.

On a side note Mark and I got to play a BoH at WBC and I came oh so close to pulling out a victory only to lose it by one SS squad that just couldn't hold on under fire. A sad tale for another time.

David Heath
Matrix Games

< Message edited by David Heath -- 8/11/2005 6:55:10 AM >

(in reply to Magua)
Post #: 9
RE: So, what's the story? - 8/11/2005 7:00:34 AM   
Sarge

Thanks David,Mark and Erik

You know how it is when it comes down to the wire

I for one can't wait to check out the art work

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Sarge -- 8/11/2005 7:21:46 AM >

(in reply to David Heath)
Post #: 10
RE: So, what's the story? - 8/11/2005 5:05:22 PM   
puck4604

Mark, Erik, & David,

Hey fellas, I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers with my query. This is actually the first game I had ever pre-ordered in my off and on again affair with wargames since 1979. If I came off as obnoxious it was unintentional.

I'm actually quite excited about Lock 'n Load: Band of Heroes and look forward to playing it with my very competitive wife. I have fully converted her to wargames, muwhahahaha!

Thanks for the updates!

Post #: 11
RE: So, what's the story? - 8/11/2005 5:30:45 PM   
Maximillion

Thanks for the updates. I know it's kind of a difficult job to report slippages (you're bound to get some idiot who takes it as a sign that the game company is poorly run). But, in the long run, those of us who are familiar with the process really do appreciate the constant flow of news...even if it's of the bad variety! Bad news is always better than no news, and in the future I hope we'll continue to see lots of status updates. I'm definitely looking forward to buying more games from MG...keep up the good work.

BTW, Mark, I missed you at Origins (you had run off to the demo room, and I didn't have time to find it), but I did appreciate your having the pieces there. I pre-ordered the game after seeing it then, and am definitely interested in future games in the series (especially the mech version!). Any thoughts on a fantasy version? Seems like this would be a great way to do village & castle raids with fantasy-style units...

(in reply to puck4604)
Post #: 12
RE: So, what's the story? - 8/11/2005 8:52:08 PM   
David Heath

Hi Guys

We have no problem with anyone asking questions. I fully understand its like waiting for hot cookies to cool and the longer it takes the harder it gets. Personally I am not a big fan of Pre-Orders since a slipped release date can cause issues for our customers and that is understable. I seen companies take years to complete a game after taking a customers money. This is NEVER going to happen here at Matrix Games. I really like having an open release date since it allows for less pressure and helps us to assure that the game is done right.

Just to let you know I received my copy of BoH today to give it one last review to make sure nothing is missing and I pretty sure all of you are going to be very impressed.

David Heath
Matrix Games

(in reply to Maximillion)
Post #: 13
RE: So, what's the story? - 8/11/2005 10:19:44 PM   
Ekted

quote:

Any thoughts on a fantasy version? Seems like this would be a great way to do village & castle raids with fantasy-style units...

This idea is really appealing to me. So many possibilities with magic, different races, etc. But as a wargame it would not fall within the big 3 (ww2, acw, nap). What kind of market is there for that? I own Wizards Kings, but that's a bit different.

Post #: 14
RE: So, what's the story? - 8/15/2005 4:19:32 PM   
sam1975

IT IS THE 15th of August. WHATS GOING ON ????? ANY NEWS ????

(in reply to Ekted)
Post #: 15
RE: So, what's the story? - 8/16/2005 7:44:02 AM   
David Heath

Hi Guys

The games are shipping to the warehouse this week. I received the counters today with Mark and I must say they looked great. Once DR gets the games they will start shipping to our pre-order customers. If you have not done so pre-order now since the special pre-order price will not last much longer now. We will also have limited copies at GenCon.

David Heath

< Message edited by David Heath -- 8/16/2005 7:50:19 AM >

(in reply to sam1975)
Post #: 16
RE: So, what's the story? - 8/16/2005 3:53:35 PM   
puck4604

Great news! Can't wait to play the game; I'm sure it will create many opportunities for diversion during the upcoming fall semester in grad school!

Thanks for the updates!

Post #: 17
RE: So, what's the story? - 8/16/2005 4:56:26 PM   
Maximillion

Unfortunately, we're getting dangerously close to my moving date, and I'm beginning to fear that Murphy's Law is going to intervene and guarantee that I don't get my copy of BoH. Who can I work with at MG to make sure they'll get it to me at the right place at the right time?

(in reply to sam1975)
Post #: 18
RE: So, what's the story? - 8/16/2005 5:50:53 PM   
Erik Rutins

Maximillion,

When are you moving? Please e-mail me at erikr@matrixgames.com with the following info:

Your old mailing address
Your new mailing address
A phone number where we can reach you.
The date from which point the shipment address should be changed

We'll make sure the order is updated so that it gets to where it needs to go.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

Post #: 19
RE: So, what's the story? - 8/16/2005 5:59:27 PM   
Scotbot

Great news, thanks for the update David!

I'm going to be attending Gen Con...will it be possible to pick up my preorder there?

< Message edited by Malediction -- 8/16/2005 6:00:24 PM >

(in reply to puck4604)
Post #: 20
RE: So, what's the story? - 8/17/2005 2:12:37 AM   
Magua

Oh boy! It won't be long now.

(in reply to Scotbot)
Post #: 21
RE: So, what's the story? - 8/17/2005 1:29:11 PM   
markhwalker

quote:

difficult job to report slippages (you're bound to get some idiot who takes it as a sign that the game company is poorly run)

Nah, reporting slippages is no problem, it's giving the minute-by-minute updates that is tedious.

But anyway, like Eric said, we expect to have the game for Gencon, and I'm as excited as both Eric and David, but when I have laid hands on it and checked components, then I'll let you guys know. Can you pick up pre-orders there? I'm not the person to ask, but I doubt it. Matrix uses Digital River as their order processing agent. I can't see how an order placed through them for shipment could be filled at Gencon. But hey, like I said, I'm not the person to ask.

Best,
Mark

(in reply to Magua)
Post #: 22
RE: So, what's the story? - 8/17/2005 6:33:39 PM   
Erik Rutins

Unfortunately, I don't know of a way to arrange pre-order pickup there, since payment has already gone through DR and an order will be shipped from their warehouse. I'll see if I can figure something out today, because I would certainly like to make that possible for you.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

Post #: 23
RE: So, what's the story? - 8/18/2005 1:05:51 AM   
AlvinS

quote:

payment has already gone through DR

Has the credit card already been charged? I cannot remember which one I used, but I consolidated my bills and cancelled one of my credit cards. If it has been charged, no problem, but if it has not, there is the possibility of a problem.

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." ---Mark Twain

Naval Warfare Simulations

AlvinS

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 24
RE: So, what's the story? - 8/18/2005 2:58:27 AM   
FlyingElvis

quote:

ORIGINAL: AlvinS

quote:

payment has already gone through DR

Has the credit card already been charged? I cannot remember which one I used, but I consolidated my bills and cancelled one of my credit cards. If it has been charged, no problem, but if it has not, there is the possibility of a problem.

My credit card was charged when I placed the order. So I bet yours is the same. Which is kinda nice to know its already paid for.

(in reply to AlvinS)
Post #: 25
RE: So, what's the story? - 8/18/2005 3:13:37 AM   
AlvinS

quote:

My credit card was charged when I placed the order. So I bet yours is the same. Which is kinda nice to know its already paid for.

Thanks. Thats good to know. I can't wait for this one to arrive.

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." ---Mark Twain

Naval Warfare Simulations

AlvinS

(in reply to FlyingElvis)
Post #: 26
RE: So, what's the story? - 8/20/2005 2:39:48 PM   
markhwalker

It does look good, guys. I've spent the last three days playing it, and I'm in hog heaven.

Best,

Mark

(in reply to AlvinS)
Post #: 27
RE: So, what's the story? - 8/20/2005 5:19:10 PM   
Magua

Sheesh! Whatta tease! [

Post #: 28
RE: So, what's the story? - 8/23/2005 5:21:24 AM   
thoth69

Has it shipped? I get an error whenever I try and do the order status on the site...

(in reply to Magua)
Post #: 29
RE: So, what's the story? - 8/23/2005 6:37:59 AM   
Griffitz62

I checked my status just now and it came up saying "shipment pending". There was no tracking number listed as well. I'm guessing that this means that it hasn't been shipped yet. I was hoping that it had since I'm leaving Sunday for my Navy duties abroad and was hoping to bring this along, now it looks like it's going to be even longer before I get my hands on it.

(in reply to thoth69)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad >> So, what's the story? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI