Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Releasing Protectorates?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Crown Of Glory Support >> Releasing Protectorates? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Releasing Protectorates? - 8/15/2005 1:47:24 PM   
Hurz_slith

If I conquer provinces, that are protectorates of other nations, they normally become directly home-provinces of me (no small flag shown on the province information). Furthermore, they don´t appear in the country information window. When I click on the relation info window of the former protector, I still see my new provinces as protectorates of this nation. And so it is impossible to release them again as my protectorates.
And I think, that countries like Wuerttemberg or Thueringen should be releaseable. Is this a bug or is this intended?
Post #: 1
RE: Releasing Protectorates? - 8/16/2005 3:59:52 AM   
Ralegh

I definitely agree that what you are seeing is what the game does at the moment.

I am unable to come up with a good way to describe the current behaviour - because it happens differently for countries that start the game owned by a nation, and differently again for ones that start owned by a multi-province minor.

I am battering the team about it - I think any province that is capable of having forces should be capable of being made a protectorate (or liberated), but that's not how the game works at the moment. May be able to get it fixed in the next patch as part of the "multi-prov minor" set of fixes, which do have high priority. This one on its own probably wouldn't have high enough priority... I'll see what I can talk people into...

HTH
Steve/Ralegh

(in reply to Hurz_slith)
Post #: 2
RE: Releasing Protectorates? - 8/16/2005 4:46:25 PM   
ericbabe

The code in this case is actually working as it was intended. When a place like Wurttemburg starts the scenario under the control of Bavaria then it is actually completely indistinguishable from any other Bavarian home province for the duration of the scenario. (That is to say, there is no Wurttemburg country-entity in the scenario at all.) Adding a Wurttemburg country when Wurttemburg is conquered is something we may consider doing, but it would involve a bit of work.

(in reply to Ralegh)
Post #: 3
RE: Releasing Protectorates? - 8/16/2005 5:41:16 PM   
Hurz_slith

My main problem is more with the former protectorates of the majors.
E.g. if I conquer the french protectorate batavia during war, then it is under my direct control but still in the list of protectorates of france (in the french view relations screen). So I cannot release it. I also cannot ask france to liberate it, because it is now my province. Isn´t it possible that nations loose their protector status, when a protectorate is lost?

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 4
RE: Releasing Protectorates? - 8/23/2005 11:07:13 AM   
Hurz_slith

Another strange thing:
I conquered the turkish protectorate provinces bavaria and nuremberg in a war with turkey. In the surrender treaty I let them liberate Berg, the last bavarian turkish province.
I can now ask Berg to form a protecorate. If I do so, bavaria and nuremberg are still directly controlled by me, but Berg gets surprisingly the status of a conquered province (stripes go from right top to left bottom). The stripes from top to bottom seems to be turkish again. If I chose to liberate bavaria now, I loose Berg, Bavaria and Nuremberg.

(in reply to Hurz_slith)
Post #: 5
RE: Releasing Protectorates? - 8/23/2005 2:35:09 PM   
bresh

I think its part of minor bug.

I encountered in a game playing france-05. to conquer venetia. Then as part of surender conditions vs austria i had them liberate ilyria,it going neutral.
Then i create venetian protectorate and Ilyria becomes french minor, beeing part of venetian kingdom

(in reply to Hurz_slith)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Crown Of Glory Support >> Releasing Protectorates? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI