Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

quick question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room >> quick question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
quick question - 8/27/2005 2:04:02 AM   
jrlans

Ok in my single player full campign game vs. the AI i just captured hanoi from the japs, but all the HI and reasources were destoryed i have reasources set to repair and the base while very undermaned (only like 15 eng in base) but it is fully supplied but still no repair in reasources? Can anyone explain what i need to do to get the reasources to repair
Post #: 1
RE: quick question - 8/27/2005 2:15:56 AM   
Terminus

You can't. Hanoi starts out as Japanese, and won't generate resources for you if you capture it. Section 14.7 in the manual.

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to jrlans)
Post #: 2
RE: quick question - 8/27/2005 2:16:27 AM   
moses

I believe you need 20,000 supply points in the hex. Be careful with the repair as it uses up 1000 supply points per turn to repair one resourse point. So Hanoi can suck up a lot of your supply very quickly.

Engineers are not needed to repair industry but are required to repair airfields and ports.

(in reply to jrlans)
Post #: 3
RE: quick question - 8/27/2005 2:20:49 AM   
moses

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

You can't. Hanoi starts out as Japanese, and won't generate resources for you if you capture it. Section 14.7 in the manual.

Thats actually not true. Section 14.7 applies only to bases that produce daily supply such as Karachi, and several bases in China. This daily supply is recieved even if all resourse centers in the hex are destoyed. But only by the force that holds it at game start.

Hanoi gets supply from resource centers which can be repaired and used by either player.

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 4
RE: quick question - 8/27/2005 2:22:18 AM   
jrlans

Ok if you cant generate supplies why can you get supplies as the japs from the DEI? Are those not considered national provinces?

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 5
RE: quick question - 8/27/2005 3:35:43 AM   
Feinder

Jrlans,

Captured RESOURCES will generate supplies, for whoever owns them.

The hexes that "do not convert" are the auto-suppy hexes, like Karachi/Bombay/SanFran and the back-end Chinese cities. These auto-supply hexes, create supply, in addition to any created by the resources. If all of the resources are destroyed, the hex will still generate auto-supply, but only for the original owner. So if Japan captures Karachi. The RESOURCES that they capture intact in Karachi will generate supply. However, the auto-supply generated there (6000?), will -not- be generated if Japan owns it.

-F-

"It is obvious that you have greatly over-estimated my regard for your opinion." - Me

(in reply to jrlans)
Post #: 6
RE: quick question - 8/27/2005 3:38:55 AM   
Terminus

Another example of the manual (or my brain, either is likely) being less than clear. I stand corrected.

(in reply to Feinder)
Post #: 7
RE: quick question - 8/27/2005 2:47:10 PM   
AmiralLaurent

To come back to the original question, repairing ressources need no engineers or any kind of troops but only supplies. If you have more than 10 000 supplies in a base, every turn one ressource center will be repaired at a coast of 1000 supplies each.... rather costly, isn't it ? That means that it will take 500 days to have a positive impact on your supply stock. So if you're not sure to hold the base in 500 days, or don't have the supply available, set the ressources to no repair and just use the undamaged ones.

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 8
RE: quick question - 8/29/2005 5:00:30 PM   
Sardaukar

Invading Indochina as Allies is bad move since it triggers on several "Vietminh" reinforcement units that will appear on Japanese side. It happens when Allied units cross the border..I just don't remember the delay.

(in reply to AmiralLaurent)
Post #: 9
RE: quick question - 8/29/2005 5:02:09 PM   
Terminus

They arrive over 3 or 4 turns, I think. Aren't worth much...

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 10
RE: quick question - 8/29/2005 11:09:27 PM   
MarcA

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Another example of the manual (or my brain, either is likely) being less than clear. I stand corrected.

The manual does state this correctly, Section 14.7, though Sining would be a less confusing example than Chungking as it has a daily allotment of supplies but no industry

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 11
RE: quick question - 8/29/2005 11:27:56 PM   
AmiralLaurent

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sardaukar

Invading Indochina as Allies is bad move since it triggers on several "Vietminh" reinforcement units that will appear on Japanese side. It happens when Allied units cross the border..I just don't remember the delay.

Not Vietminh but Vichy troops. Vietminh was on the Allied side during WWII.

Those div arrive at 1/3 strength in Hanoi, Haiphong and then further away from Hanoi, so you will probably face 2/3 low-exp div in Hanoi if the Japanese left no troops there. Taking Hanoi and wrecking ressources and HI is worth it IMOO.

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 12
RE: quick question - 8/31/2005 1:27:29 AM   
jrlans

Ok all got it figured out, just wanted to say thx. Its only taken me 3mo to figure out how to play the game with some degree of effectiness and im still learning more every turn

(in reply to AmiralLaurent)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room >> quick question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI