Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

question on province capture....

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> question on province capture.... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
question on province capture.... - 8/29/2005 9:07:33 AM   
plasticpanzers

i captured Piacenza from Spain and it became part of
France. Spain captured it back and it became part of
Spain. I recaptured it and it appears as a province
of Spain now occupied by France. I also started with
Flanders as part of France. Lost it to a roving band
of Prussians and recaptured it. Now it appears as a
French occupied province of Prussia. Do i have to beat
these countries and bargain for my own territory back
even tho i reconquored it and have garrisons in the
cities? thanks!
Tim
Post #: 1
RE: question on province capture.... - 8/29/2005 9:33:07 AM   
dpstafford

I'm going to guess that the province shows as Prussian in the little strategic map down in the corner. And that if you go to the Development screen for that province you will see Prussia's stockpile numbers and national production, not your own. The game seems to mess up frequently in keeping track of province ownership. I have seen this happen several times where countries seem to fall into some sort of quantum duality. And not just in multi-province countries. It seems to happen when the city changes hands when there was NO defending garrison.

(in reply to plasticpanzers)
Post #: 2
RE: question on province capture.... - 8/29/2005 4:16:57 PM   
Ralegh

I think there is a bug.

For example, in my current game (Turkey, 1792), Serbia shows a big Turkish flag and a small Serbian one. Pest, ceded to me by the Austrians, shows only a big Turkish flag. They are both 'conquered provinces' by my reckoning - I control their production, they are not protectorates. Neither Hungary nor Pest show up in International Relations or Country Details (so I can't make me a protectorate or liberate it), which Serbia shows up in both. I can well understand that they might behave differently if occupied, and that further changes of status might make things even muddier.

Similiarly, Cyrenaica, which I took by force, shows a big Turkish flag and small Cyrenaican one, and appears on Internat Rels and Country Details. Tripoli and Benghazi, which were supported by the British and then conquered by me, only show a big Turk flag, and dont appear on the lists. [Tripolitania does appear on Internal Rels - as a British protectorate - and they still have the corps in service: but the territory is building units for me now! Interestingly, Tripolitania doesn't appear on the country details list!]

Eric?

HTH
Steve/Ralegh

(in reply to dpstafford)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> question on province capture.... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI