Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Request: Off game minatures

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Request: Off game minatures Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Request: Off game minatures - 8/30/2005 1:24:32 PM   
mpa541

Hi Guys,
I know that this one is probably too late, or you have already taken care of it....but I figured that "speak now or forever hold your piece" was in order.

One of the big problems with "Campaigns on the danube" is that there is no ability to "print" the OB! Which is fine as long as you remeber to take a screen dump or write everything down, before you close the turn...but if you forget it is a real hassle to get the game information back.

Is it possible to include a Print OB/save OB as text file...kind of option?

Thanks

Mike

PS. keep up the great work...can't wait to get my hands on this game!
Post #: 1
RE: Request: Off game minatures - 9/1/2005 12:03:45 AM   
eg0master

If I understand you correctly (and remember correctly) this option is included, i.e. in stead of resolving field battles in game, a file is generated, you resolve the battle any way you like and change the file with the results and continue playing the game.

24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not.

(in reply to mpa541)
Post #: 2
RE: Request: Off game minatures - 9/2/2005 2:00:39 AM   
mpa541

eg0,

that's correct, although you cannot save the file.

The request was really directed to the team, I understand that off game miniatures is an included option in EiA, however I was trying to point out a flaw, which it would be great to avoid, in the way this is implemented in CotD.

In simple terms this is what I would like to see...in the new EiA game...when the option to do "miniatures" is selected, an OB file should be generated somewhere, which can be refered back to by the players, when they are setting up for the tabletop game etc.

Mike

(in reply to eg0master)
Post #: 3
RE: Request: Off game minatures - 9/7/2005 3:18:57 AM   
Marshall Ellis

mpa541:

We already have added the External Combat Resolutiion option specifically for miniatures. Basically what happens is that when you click an area where combat is eminent, a file will be created that has all of the info on that battle. Everything from leaders, corps and even the terrain and weather! When your done, simply fill out the casualties then load the file back into the game and the changes are applied!

Hope that helps!

Thank you

Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

(in reply to mpa541)
Post #: 4
RE: Request: Off game minatures - 9/7/2005 3:37:35 AM   
Windfire

quote:

We already have added the External Combat Resolutiion option specifically for miniatures.

Thanks again for adding this feature.

(in reply to Marshall Ellis)
Post #: 5
RE: Request: Off game minatures - 12/12/2005 5:35:45 PM   
Kai

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marshall Ellis

mpa541:

We already have added the External Combat Resolutiion option specifically for miniatures. Basically what happens is that when you click an area where combat is eminent, a file will be created that has all of the info on that battle. Everything from leaders, corps and even the terrain and weather! When your done, simply fill out the casualties then load the file back into the game and the changes are applied!

Hope that helps!

Thank you

Is a similar feature available for naval combats? I'm one of those who likes to resolve the occasional fleet action on the miniature table. Nothing fancy is needed. Just the ability to input results back into the campaign game (including transferring ship factors to one side or the other if they collected any prizes.)

(in reply to Marshall Ellis)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Request: Off game minatures Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI