Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Full Version of SPWAW v2.3 To Be Available On July 10

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Full Version of SPWAW v2.3 To Be Available On July 10 Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Full Version of SPWAW v2.3 To Be Available On July 10 - 7/1/2000 1:43:00 AM   
David Heath

Ok We will have the fully version of SPWAW v2.3 available on July 10th. We have received a few nasty letters that it should be available now and that its fraud, a scam and other nice comments. The simple fact is this, This is a small company and we just do not have the bandwith for both the updates and full version at the same time. The same people upset now, would be upset to the fact that they could not get to the server. Might I also add no other sites really want to 300+ meg download on their server either. This is the best we can provide. I like to think we done pretty good with the free game and having the mags give out the game on their CDs. The EZGamer CD is nothing more then the same type of deal we worked out with the game mags. These other ways to get the game is to help the slow internet connections get the game. If you were waiting for the Mags and were going to buy it to get the game then this should be no different. Heck its just about the same price and our overseas fans can get it to. Let me say this one more time!!! YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BUY A CD, we do not get anything if you get it from a Mag. or EZGamer. Its just one more way to get you the game. I would like to thank everyone who has written and for the kind words. It really makes it easy to deal with those few in every cloud. David

Post #: 1
- 7/1/2000 1:56:00 AM   
sven

never meant to be a cloud. I am really grateful for the game.(my wife isn't... but hey that's life) regards, sven

(in reply to David Heath)
Post #: 2
- 7/1/2000 2:02:00 AM   
Nikademus

dont let em get you down guys. You all RULE. heck the first two patches came out so fast i did'nt even have time to test out 2.1!!!!! appreciate all the fine work your team has done and continues to do.

Post #: 3
- 7/1/2000 2:04:00 AM   
Drake666

Even if everything was perfect you would still have some people like that complaining. The vast number of as think all the work you do is great and if we got to wait now and again, that ok becouse its a great game and we know how much hard work you guys are butting into it.

Post #: 4
- 7/1/2000 2:09:00 AM   
Exnur

I don't understand how you could get angry mail. You've been putting out patches like I've never seen before. Now you're talking about putting out v2.3, when you said v2.2 was it till v3.0. And all for free. So how can anybody criticise? Exnur

Post #: 5
- 7/1/2000 2:21:00 AM   
Seth

What a bunch of crybabies! It's free, so they can shut up. Besides, you guys actually have support and bug fixes, which hundreds of games over the years have been infamous for having none of.

Post #: 6
- 7/1/2000 3:06:00 AM   
Tankhead

Never seems to amaze me how some people are, it seem the more you give a few individual will demand more and get downright nasty well all I got to say is HEY it's a free game the guys are busting their butts for us and a few of you got the nerves to get nasty, well wake up and smell the coffee and show some appreciation and respect for the hard working guys that went out of their way for us. Now that's my 2 cents. Tankhead [This message has been edited by Tankhead (edited 06-30-2000).]

Tankhead

Post #: 7
- 7/1/2000 3:12:00 AM   
Charles22

I think ANY wargamer worth their salt, would find it mandatory to order the cd anyway, downloaded it or not, beforehand. The problem I have, is that I don't want to order the cd prematurely, as so many fixes are coming out, I'm liable to do something like get the 2.2 without the WWII cmapaign fix in 2.3. Now I'm really stuck. I'm a WWII campaigner, at least for starters, but now the 2.2 definitely isn't the one I want, but I have to wait till the 10th for 2.3. I don't think I want to wait till 3.0 to order the cd, but it may end up happening anyway (if only all problems were so small). Any rough estimate when 3.0 will be available guys?

Post #: 8
- 7/1/2000 3:13:00 AM   
Von Rom

David: Forget those few bad emails that you get. All you guys at Matrix, and others, who have been contributing to this game in many ways are all true winners. You all have gone above and beyond the call of duty. I have never seen a forum fill up with so many posts in one day before in my life. You guys have generated real interest and enthusiasm again in wargames. Just wait until ALL your games have been released - these forums are going to be flying Keep up the excellent work everyone. We all know the commitment you have to your games and to gamers - and it shows. In return we will be committed to you. ------------------ A King Tiger can give you a definite edge... [This message has been edited by Von Rom (edited 06-30-2000).]

Post #: 9
- 7/1/2000 3:19:00 AM   
Philbill

The game is brilliant The support is first class The game is free You guys have given me hours of pleasure playing SPWAW and for that i thank you. I find it incredible that just about the best wargame i have played is free! There are always some people who comp[lain no matter what you do but IMO what is evident from this board is they are a tiny minority as the interest/enthusiasm for your efforts shines through Phil PS I cant wait for War in the Pacific

Post #: 10
- 7/1/2000 5:09:00 AM   
headhunter

SPWAW is a premium wargame. And it is free. And you are truly supporting it. I have been playing it nearly each day since version 1.0 is out. It's really addictive ! I can't understand how somebody can possibly complain ?!? For the last 15 years I have been playing computer games and the last 5 or so I am playing PC games I have NEVER seen a company making a top class game, giving it away for free and keeping up the good support for free after release. You are truly great guys at Matrixgames ! Don't let these disrespectful people bring you down ! Thanks !!

Post #: 11
- 7/1/2000 5:10:00 AM   
crazyivan

in New Zealand we have a famous saying "good on ya mate" and thats about as good as a accalade any one can get.i'm sorry you had to take some mindless selfish crap from some and we all wear the shame as gammers for there thoughtlessness so we all unit in song and say good on ya mates you have done us all proud. ps i would like a copy of 2.3 or 3 when it ships and want to pay you for it is there any way i can do this direct as i am overseas. the JS-3 is the king of the tank tree

"The best form of defence,is attack"

Post #: 12
- 7/1/2000 5:16:00 AM   
Tombstone

In the grand sceme of things this product you guys released outclasses most that are available on the shelves.. There will always be people who complain. The fact that you have them now is a sign of SPWAW's growing audience. (except that you guys we're probably full up on fanatics a little earlier than most products.) Tomo

Post #: 13
- 7/1/2000 5:17:00 AM   
Colonel Klink

you guys are fantastic. its hard to believe that people would complain about something that is FREE! U guys are the BEST!

Post #: 14
- 7/1/2000 5:23:00 AM   
Semachus

All I can say for my part -- I have been a wargamer for decades -- since I ordered my first game in 1960 or so (was Avalon Hill's -Afrika Korps--with pink counters and all)-- anyway I have played many types of games and known many companies -- your young company has shown many on how to do something right -- you all should be commended-you are truely amazing -- keep up the good work and don't mind the few pebbles on the road...

Post #: 15
- 7/1/2000 5:44:00 AM   
troopie

I would not take these carpers and whiners too seriously. They are the ones who find fault with everything, and blow every little fault up into a major disaster. Often they have a perfect wargame in their heads. They are unable to make this a reality, so every game that does not exactly meet this un-real perfect game's criteria is hopelessly flawed. Then there are the swine who would make their reputations by breaking others'. Ignore them. troopie Pamwe Chete

Pamwe Chete

Post #: 16
- 7/1/2000 6:48:00 AM   
Dean Robb

Der Fuhrer, Duh Kunnel, ya'll... don't let the idiots get down. Like you said, there are some every crowd. Give 'em a free game with great support and they'll still whine. Maybe you should charge them for the CD...:>

Job Security: Being a Micro$oft lawyer...

Post #: 17
- 7/1/2000 7:23:00 AM   
Moonwolf

Great job, guys. You know what you've done -- the only one you ever really have to please is that little guys deep inside. Don't let the bastards get you down.

Ed Mortimer Meglio un Giorno da Leone

Post #: 18
- 7/1/2000 7:51:00 AM   
Six-pk

Ignore the scumbags. Matrix;YOU GUYS ARE INCREDIBLE! Thxs Matrix crew! Six

Six-pk

Post #: 19
- 7/1/2000 8:55:00 AM   
David Heath

Ok The wheels are turning and we might be able to get the full version online over the weekend.

Post #: 20
- 7/1/2000 9:09:00 AM   
alexgariepy

July 10th, eh? Hey, that would make a great birthday present! Of course, there's the downloading part, but I can deal with it. Anyway, don't let the little turds bug you guys, it's a great game and it's free so it's just as great. Keep it up, Alex Gariepy "King Tiger? JS-III? Gimme a platoon of Jumbo Shermans and I'll waste the lot with them."

Post #: 21
- 7/1/2000 9:53:00 AM   
Pack Rat

quote:

Originally posted by David Heath: Ok The wheels are turning and we might be able to get the full version online over the weekend.
Come on you guys give it a break. Have some fun time, please. Ya I'm complaining now! You all have gone above and beyond the call a bunch now. If the e-mails from the wankers keep coming, just post them here with an e-mail addy for us to comment back to them. MuHaHaHaHa!!! ------------------ Good hunting, Pack Rat

PR

Post #: 22
- 7/1/2000 10:00:00 AM   
GeneralOberst Teufel

I say keep up the good work guys, I mailed 12 full CD copies (1.0) for fellow gamers, both here in the US and overseas. Just to ease those long downloads. (Love the T-1 great invention) I am holding off until the next full version comes along, you guys are incredable. I say those of us who have the capability to DL fast and do not mind mailing out a CD to a fellow gamer (Cost about $1.00 - $1.25 to mail in the US) and $3.00 to Staffordshire England, Help them out In addition to those that whine and complain, ~~~~~ I believe the old arcade TANK vs TANK game is avaliable on the web as a free download (with no patches or updates) SPWAW has once again made the wife a computer widow.. GeneralOberst Teufel

Post #: 23
- 7/1/2000 10:05:00 AM   
Wild Bill

The support of you gentlemen has far superseded any negativity as far as we are concerned. Pleasing everyone is something that will not ever be achieved. I welcome criticism. I really do. All of us here at Matrix do. But there is a difference between a positive criticism and a "slam." But you learn to live with those too, don't you ? Thanks guys for the encouragement. You are a great bunch and it makes me personally very happy about having been a part in this great project. Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

Post #: 24
- 7/1/2000 11:13:00 AM   
Fabio Prado

David, Wild Bill, Mike, Paul and the rest of the Matrix Staff: Just ignore them and keep on your track. You guys are doing everything just right, and in the process teaching a great lesson to some kind of people. And you are winning the wargamer's respect. And this is what will count in the end... Keep on going! Next, version 3.0! FAP

Post #: 25
- 7/1/2000 6:03:00 PM   
Grisha

You guys brought back a great game, and gave it to us for free. A lot of hard work, and then you have the generosity to just give it to us! And people are getting pissed at you now. It only proves beyond a doubt how worthless the comments of these ingracious louts are, so please don't give them another second of your time. Thanks you, Sirs, for all your work! you are truly one in a million! [This message has been edited by Grisha (edited 07-01-2000).]

Best regards,
Greg Guerrero

Post #: 26
- 7/1/2000 8:03:00 PM   
McGib

How can anyone complain??? Patches are comming out so fast that I just downloaded 2.3 without realising that I didnt have 2.2 yet!

Ready Aye Ready

Post #: 27
- 7/1/2000 9:13:00 PM   
sami heimola

Thanks VERY much about information Mr. Heath! And lot of thanks about SPWAW's new patches! You people seem not to sleep ever ... Does everybody in Matrix work all days and nights? Sami
quote:

Originally posted by David Heath: Ok We will have the fully version of SPWAW v2.3 available on July 10th. We have received a few nasty letters that it should be available now and that its fraud, a scam and other nice comments. The simple fact is this, This is a small company and we just do not have the bandwith for both the updates and full version at the same time. The same people upset now, would be upset to the fact that they could not get to the server. Might I also add no other sites really want to 300+ meg download on their server either. This is the best we can provide. I like to think we done pretty good with the free game and having the mags give out the game on their CDs. The EZGamer CD is nothing more then the same type of deal we worked out with the game mags. These other ways to get the game is to help the slow internet connections get the game. If you were waiting for the Mags and were going to buy it to get the game then this should be no different. Heck its just about the same price and our overseas fans can get it to. Let me say this one more time!!! YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BUY A CD, we do not get anything if you get it from a Mag. or EZGamer. Its just one more way to get you the game. I would like to thank everyone who has written and for the kind words. It really makes it easy to deal with those few in every cloud. David

Post #: 28
- 7/1/2000 9:26:00 PM   
Greg McCarty

Good Lord! I never even expected a 2.3, and would have paid $50.00 for 1.1 with a smile. These folks that criticize must be similar to those who would step up to the county benifits window and demand: "Gimmie my money sucker!" This society could use some couth.
quote:

Originally posted by David Heath: Ok We will have the fully version of SPWAW v2.3 available on July 10th. We have received a few nasty letters that it should be available now and that its fraud, a scam and other nice comments. The simple fact is this, This is a small company and we just do not have the bandwith for both the updates and full version at the same time. The same people upset now, would be upset to the fact that they could not get to the server. Might I also add no other sites really want to 300+ meg download on their server either. This is the best we can provide. I like to think we done pretty good with the free game and having the mags give out the game on their CDs. The EZGamer CD is nothing more then the same type of deal we worked out with the game mags. These other ways to get the game is to help the slow internet connections get the game. If you were waiting for the Mags and were going to buy it to get the game then this should be no different. Heck its just about the same price and our overseas fans can get it to. Let me say this one more time!!! YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BUY A CD, we do not get anything if you get it from a Mag. or EZGamer. Its just one more way to get you the game. I would like to thank everyone who has written and for the kind words. It really makes it easy to deal with those few in every cloud. David

Greg.

It is better to die on your feet
than to live on your knees.

--Zapata

Post #: 29
- 7/2/2000 9:46:00 AM   
ruxius

Ruxius can not be silent in this topic..and must join his voice to all well-behaved wargamers that show their true respect for MatrixGames..I too have to recognize their un-overhelming great work like majority say ! Thank again Matrix team for your attention to do better always and always... Keep the good work...different ideas are good for growing and evolution but some sort of criticism should be more well-behaved to be looked at ! So don't worry about it ! Sincerely yours Francesco

Italian Soldier,German Discipline!

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Full Version of SPWAW v2.3 To Be Available On July 10 Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI