Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

It Arrived!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad >> It Arrived! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
It Arrived! - 9/7/2005 1:37:53 PM   
puck4604

The UPS guy dropped off my copy yesterday afternoon. I was working on a paper and had to deal with the unopened box mocking me from the kitchen table.

Finally, an hour or so later, I rip the plastic off and open the game...and what a glorious, beautiful set of components! The maps and counters are stunning.

However, with Grad School in full swing, I'm not sure when I'll be able to check out the rules.

Any suggestions for diving right in and playing?
Post #: 1
RE: It Arrived! - 9/7/2005 1:51:35 PM   
Marc von Martial

quote:

Check the "examples of play" in the back of the manual. Don´t worry, it´s really easy to learn. Mark teached me the basics at Origins in like 10 minutes or so. If you can spare a few minutes each day you should be progressing very well.

Glad you like the components and artwork.

(in reply to puck4604)
Post #: 2
RE: It Arrived! - 9/7/2005 4:19:47 PM   
markhwalker

quote:

I've been mulling this over for quite a while. Would anyone be interested in a DVD, explaining how to play? In other words it would have me, just showing you how to play, moving counters, rolling dice. Etc. I honestly think I can teach most people in about ten minutes. Beats reading rules, no?

Best,
Mark

(in reply to Marc von Martial)
Post #: 3
RE: It Arrived! - 9/7/2005 4:27:25 PM   
Dazooz2

Mark,

Your game play example on the Lock N Load site was very helpful in my opinion. Something like that for armor rules and helicopter and indirect fire rules would also be nice!

(in reply to markhwalker)
Post #: 4
RE: It Arrived! - 9/7/2005 4:54:18 PM   
FlyingElvis

quote:

ORIGINAL: markhwalker

quote:

I've been mulling this over for quite a while. Would anyone be interested in a DVD, explaining how to play? In other words it would have me, just showing you how to play, moving counters, rolling dice. Etc. I honestly think I can teach most people in about ten minutes. Beats reading rules, no?

Best,
Mark

This is an awesome idea. I would like a copy of this.

I received my copy yesterday. What a work of art. The game is beautiful. I just need to find some time to dive in.

< Message edited by FlyingElvis -- 9/7/2005 4:56:23 PM >

(in reply to Dazooz2)
Post #: 5
RE: It Arrived! - 9/7/2005 5:22:51 PM   
puck4604

quote:

ORIGINAL: markhwalker

quote:

Best,
Mark

Or perhaps even easier: how about a streaming or downloadable version here on the Matrix website? I like the DVD idea, too.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to playing!

(in reply to markhwalker)
Post #: 6
RE: It Arrived! - 9/7/2005 6:35:37 PM   
JosephL

If Mark does a streaming video or anything similar I want him to wear that horrible pink shirt he wore at the last convention we went to. I had to experience that pain and I wish to share it :)

Good idea though Mark... *I* would be interested in having you do it :)

-Joe

Joseph Lieberman

(in reply to puck4604)
Post #: 7
RE: It Arrived! - 9/7/2005 6:52:07 PM   
Maximillion

The DVD would be nice, but would probably add too much expense to an already pricey product. I think the streamable/downloadable video would be the way to go. My one issue with the online demo is the lack of voiceover explaining things. The video-only demo is pretty dry. FWIW, though, I think the examples in the back of the rules book are fantastic and don't need a whole lot of additional help.

I would, however, also include a web section for newbie FAQs. Not the detail-oriented stuff that answers specific rules questions, but an FAQ for new players that answers the kinds of questions a first-time player might ask when running through their first game

(in reply to JosephL)
Post #: 8
RE: It Arrived! - 9/7/2005 9:57:50 PM   
benpark

A streaming, verbalized play tutorial would get me to buy the game. I am so strapped for time that a boardgame seems too much space, time etc...but the game looks so darned good that I want it anyways. This would make it as simple as could be for me to pick it, play solitare, and maybe...someday play a human (if I ever get another spare second in life).

"Fear is a darkroom where the devil develops his negatives" Gary Busey

(in reply to Maximillion)
Post #: 9
RE: It Arrived! - 9/8/2005 12:03:38 AM   
AlvinS

quote:

The DVD would be nice, but a downloadable video would be better.

Another great job Mark.

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." ---Mark Twain

Naval Warfare Simulations

AlvinS

(in reply to benpark)
Post #: 10
RE: It Arrived! - 9/8/2005 1:19:45 AM   
benpark

Oh, I think I have the "rolling dice" down pretty well, though.

"Fear is a darkroom where the devil develops his negatives" Gary Busey

(in reply to AlvinS)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad >> It Arrived! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI