Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

problem with frontline

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> problem with frontline Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
problem with frontline - 7/1/2000 3:07:00 AM   
edgar

I made a scenario in with a very large map (100 x 240). I've build a large Soviet-force and deployed them at the top of the map (North). This force must take a medium-large city at the bottom of the map (South). So the initial front line is supposed to run from the East to the west. The idea behind this scenario is to try to delay and eventually stop the soviet with a small but very mobile German force. I think that this will be possible because the scale of the map will give the Germans depth and room for manoeuvre. Ok, so that's the theory but… when I start the game a large part of the soviet force keeps charging to the East or West instead of attacking South. I've tried several things like making sure they Soviets now the co-ordinates of the objective but it doesn't work. I think that the main problem here is that I can not alter the frontline (the green and blue flags) the way I want it to run. What ever I try it keeps running South -North and I want it to run East - West. Any suggestions? Edgar ------------------

Post #: 1
- 7/1/2000 3:31:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

The "Frontline" is changed in the Map editor, change it there to run more east west than north south. Do that by lining most of teh flags on the west edge then run a few across to the east and then line them back up on teh east edge.

(in reply to edgar)
Post #: 2
- 7/1/2000 5:07:00 AM   
edgar

>The "Frontline" is changed in the Map editor, I think you are mistaken here; the only thing that can be done in the Map editor is the changing of sides. You'll have to use the deployment-button and then the button below-left: "change the start Soviet line" >change it there to run more east west than north south. Do that by lining most of the flags on the west edge then run a few across to the east and then line them back up on the east edge. I tried to do what you've told me here but that doesn't seem to work. I can make a new front line starting from the east going South-east but as soon as I try to change to the North-east direction the line gets broken. By the way the reinforcementsflags are still located in the West (Soviet) and East (German) and they have to be in the South (German) and in the North (Soviet). Cheers, edgar

(in reply to edgar)
Post #: 3
- 7/1/2000 6:18:00 AM   
Wild Bill

The basic coding of the game for fighting is what we call east-west (side to side), not north-south (up and down). If you try to change that, it might work and it might not. It is not how the game is basically coded and attempting it could make the game "burp" a bit. Example. No matter how you set amphibious landing craft, they will not move north south, only east west, in a direct line. That is why all amphibious landing maps have to have the beach running north-south, so the invasion can be made east west...clear? This could be the problem in the campaign and not the map itself. Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to edgar)
Post #: 4
- 7/1/2000 8:10:00 AM   
edgar

>The basic coding of the game for fighting is what we call east-west (side to side), not north-south (up and down). >If you try to change that, it might work and it might not. >It is not how the game is basically coded and attempting it could make the game "burp" a bit. Perhaps it would be easier, instead of trying to change the code, to have large maps that run east - west: 240x100 ------------------

(in reply to edgar)
Post #: 5
- 7/2/2000 1:05:00 PM   
Supervisor

Check the FAQ about how to use the reinforcement and retreat hexes, waypoints, and objectives to situate the map for top to bottom engagements
quote:

Originally posted by edgar: >The "Frontline" is changed in the Map editor, I think you are mistaken here; the only thing that can be done in the Map editor is the changing of sides. You'll have to use the deployment-button and then the button below-left: "change the start Soviet line" >change it there to run more east west than north south. Do that by lining most of the flags on the west edge then run a few across to the east and then line them back up on the east edge. I tried to do what you've told me here but that doesn't seem to work. I can make a new front line starting from the east going South-east but as soon as I try to change to the North-east direction the line gets broken. By the way the reinforcementsflags are still located in the West (Soviet) and East (German) and they have to be in the South (German) and in the North (Soviet). Cheers, edgar
------------------ Grenadier SPWAW Beta Team

(in reply to edgar)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> problem with frontline Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI