Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Creating Poland

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Creating Poland Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Creating Poland - 9/15/2005 2:25:45 AM   
Mathusalem

As France, I own most polish provinces. They are considered french. How can I create a state of Poland, and give it my polish province. And keep Poland as a protectorate, of course.
Post #: 1
RE: Creating Poland - 9/15/2005 2:33:23 AM   
Naomi

You must be sure to own all five of the Duchy's component provinces and then vassalise them one after the other.

(in reply to Mathusalem)
Post #: 2
RE: Creating Poland - 9/15/2005 9:45:11 AM   
Mathusalem

How do you do that ? I own these provinces, they seem as French as Ile de France. No option in the diplomatic menu, no option by right click on the province. And I don't see it in the manual. Page 52, it says that you may liberate a protector, but not create one with your own orovinces.

(in reply to Mathusalem)
Post #: 3
RE: Creating Poland - 9/15/2005 11:03:32 AM   
plasticpanzers

this to me is one of the more serious weaknesses in the
game. minor country creation is too different from the
historical ability. Batavia (Holland) was simply made
from a "protectorate" to part of France but that cannot
happen in the game unless you loose it and then you
conquor it. Some of the other minor nations that were
created by the French by post war negotiations cannot
be created. you have to bribe you way (hard to do!)
to get all of them. If you conquor one forget creating
a minor nation, the game won't allow it although Berg,
Westphalia, Poland, the larger Bavaria, and others were
really created in this fashion. This is something that needs to be
reworked better.
Tim (plasticpanzers)

(in reply to Mathusalem)
Post #: 4
RE: Creating Poland - 9/15/2005 2:11:52 PM   
Hard Sarge

I do not play this way, but I believe, you are going to the wrong area to try and do it

I think in the diplo screen, you will see the major nations, and then if you keep scrolling down you will see the provinces, from the that screen there are some orders you can give

(when I go back in today, I will poke around and see if this correct or I misremember something)

(in reply to plasticpanzers)
Post #: 5
RE: Creating Poland - 9/15/2005 4:30:27 PM   
Hard Sarge

here you can do it from this screen

Under the diplo advisor

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 6
RE: Creating Poland - 9/16/2005 5:14:32 AM   
Naomi

So did you finally create the Polish Duchy?

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 7
RE: Creating Poland - 9/16/2005 11:08:44 AM   
Mathusalem

quote:

ORIGINAL: Naomi

So did you finally create the Polish Duchy?

Not yet. I found the detailed screen, thanks to Hard Sarge, formed protectorate with some provinces, but they don't seem to be independant. But the neutral troops that were in these states became mine. Anyway, I realize it is not a good idea to form a protectorate because there are no polish corps, like the bavarian or saxon ones that begin the scenario. But the troops created wear the polish flag. Well, not all: most wear provincial flag. I renamed Berthier as Poniatowski in the save file, and that all folks.

(in reply to Naomi)
Post #: 8
RE: Creating Poland - 9/16/2005 3:18:49 PM   
Naomi

Prince Poniatowski. Did you make him a corps-level leader, on a par with the likes of Davout and Ney? By the way, do you know how to create leaders? I would like to see Eugene on the stage; he was rather important.

(in reply to Mathusalem)
Post #: 9
RE: Creating Poland - 9/16/2005 3:21:37 PM   
Hard Sarge

I don't know about making it from captured provinces, but I love it as a Protectorate

my Poles have been pushing out a good number of Lancers for me, and as the French I still cannot make them myself

I love my Polish troops, and with the patch (the next one), it looks like the double edged sword of protecting Poland has been fixed/corrected/snazzed up, so you don't go bankrupt or die of hunger

(in reply to Mathusalem)
Post #: 10
RE: Creating Poland - 9/17/2005 10:55:50 AM   
Mathusalem

In the data directory, you've got a commander.txt file, which you can edit with the notepad. You can replace names. Just do a back up before trying. After the province, you've init, rank and so on. You can also change nationality. I made Bernadotte sweedish, replced Jourdan with Eugene. Napoleon did not trust Jourdan and did not give him real commands, while Eugene was not so bad. He obtained his commands because he was empress Josephine's sun, but remained loyal till the end. I replaced also Berthier with Poniatowski. Berthier was an excellent chief of staff, Nap said that he was excellent in organization, but could not command 500 men, so his statistics are, for me integrated in Napoleon's ones.
I changed the ranks: rank 1 (3 stars) are army commanders, so I had Davout, Massena, Lannes and Eugene rank 1. (Ney could have been, but France has enough so) 2 stars are corps commander: all generals listed were corps commanders,so I gave 2 stars to some and 1 star to others. I made alos changes in other countries generals.
Be careful: I tried to increase the number of generals, but crashed the game.
Files for 1792, 1796 and 1815 scenarios are in repertory scenario/year.

(in reply to Naomi)
Post #: 11
RE: Creating Poland - 9/17/2005 4:06:16 PM   
Naomi

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mathusalem

In the data directory, you've got a commander.txt file, which you can edit with the notepad. You can replace names. Just do a back up before trying. After the province, you've init, rank and so on. You can also change nationality. I made Bernadotte sweedish, replced Jourdan with Eugene. Napoleon did not trust Jourdan and did not give him real commands, while Eugene was not so bad. He obtained his commands because he was empress Josephine's sun, but remained loyal till the end. I replaced also Berthier with Poniatowski. Berthier was an excellent chief of staff, Nap said that he was excellent in organization, but could not command 500 men, so his statistics are, for me integrated in Napoleon's ones.
I changed the ranks: rank 1 (3 stars) are army commanders, so I had Davout, Massena, Lannes and Eugene rank 1. (Ney could have been, but France has enough so) 2 stars are corps commander: all generals listed were corps commanders,so I gave 2 stars to some and 1 star to others. I made alos changes in other countries generals.
Be careful: I tried to increase the number of generals, but crashed the game.
Files for 1792, 1796 and 1815 scenarios are in repertory scenario/year.

Thanks so much.
EricBB said we could make changes to generals' portraits and added new leaders (along with portraits) to the existent roster. Hope he'll enlighten us.

(in reply to Mathusalem)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Creating Poland Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI