Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Console Gaming

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Console Gaming Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Console Gaming - 9/13/2005 1:22:06 AM   
crazygamer

I was wondering if there were any console gamers here. I am a big fan of platformers and looking forward to the release of Sly 3. It has always been a favorite of mine. It isn't like all the others and the graphics are great. It has a comic book look to it. The stealth moves add a ton of fun to the game and I believe the new multiplayer mode will add a new dimension to the game. I also read that you will be able to play with 3D glasses on some levels. I can't wait to play the full version.
Post #: 1
RE: Console Gaming - 9/13/2005 9:23:27 AM   
Hertston

No, but I suspect I will become one. It seems that for many PC games now (and it will get 'worse') you really need a real beast of a gaming PC - designers seem to be writing for next years top-of-the-range, not what everybody actually has. With the next gen of consoles on the way I can't see the point of trying to keep up with the upgrades, so I think I'll just buy the new X-Box for "action" gaming. The PC I have is fine for wargames (not to mention word-processing, spreadsheets, internet surfing, etc, etc), and will be for years.

(in reply to crazygamer)
Post #: 2
RE: Console Gaming - 9/13/2005 3:55:18 PM   
TAIL GUNNER

Currently fully immersed in Madden '06 on the GameCube....

Since my beloved Titans will be lucky to win 4 games this year for reals, it sorta makes up for it when I can take them through an undefeated season and then win the Super Bowl

(in reply to Hertston)
Post #: 3
RE: Console Gaming - 9/13/2005 5:03:40 PM   
Terminus

That's always handy!

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to TAIL GUNNER)
Post #: 4
RE: Console Gaming - 9/13/2005 5:34:04 PM   
Hanal

I remember buying a 3DO gaming console only because you could play Panzer and Allied General on it......I bought an 8 Bit Nintendo and Sega Genesis because I could play the KOEI line of games (Le Empereruer, Three Kingdoms, Khan, PTO, ect.)...I also had a VECTREX because it was different...that about sums up my console gaming experience which is about as impressive as a dust bunny huh?....

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 5
RE: Console Gaming - 9/13/2005 9:40:09 PM   
Tomus

I have always had a console and for sports and driving games they can't be beaten. And some games like Splinter Cell play so much better on the console with forced save checkpoints and a game pad.

But for proper games, I will always stick to the PC. That is unless SHIII, IL2, HL2 etc etc appear on the console. Also in the UK we have to pay and additional bradband premium to use a console over the web for some unbeknown reason.

(in reply to Hanal)
Post #: 6
RE: Console Gaming - 9/14/2005 1:25:43 AM   
watchtower

Iv'e got an X-box ( only play halo and project Gotham and timesplitters 2 on it) A gamecube ( played about twice - now on ebay) A Nintendo 64 (can't get rid of cos of the supreme Goldeneye) A megadrive, Saturn, Jaguar, master system, Vectorex, intellivision (all in the atic) - 4 Different sinclair spectrums, 4 different C64/128's, 4 Amiga's, Atari 800, 65XE, VCS 2600, BBC model A,B, Archimedis, Atom. Oric 48k + One pre revision with the floating point error so it went wonky all the time. -- A Toshiba MSX, A video Genie with a massive 32K winchester Drive!!! (still love this beast), Dragon 32 (loved this also), Texas Ti thingy, A Jupiter Ace, Several Atari ST's, ZX80 & 81................oh and a PC that falls over more times than any of this old crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (might be some more, trying to catalogue the atic in my head)

So any new job will proberbly join that lot in a year or three!!!

(in reply to Tomus)
Post #: 7
RE: Console Gaming - 9/14/2005 4:27:53 AM   
ilovestrategy

ive been a console gamer for the last 10 years, i have the ps2, xbox, and gamecube atm

After 16 years, Civ II still has me in it's clutches LOL!!!
Now CIV IV has me in it's evil clutches!

(in reply to crazygamer)
Post #: 8
RE: Console Gaming - 9/15/2005 11:06:10 AM   
Kuokkanen

I have played with many consoles which include NES, SNES, GameBoy (Color), MegaDrive, PlayStation, Nintendo 64 and Xbox. Perfect Dark (N64) was great and Probotector (NES) remains my most favourite level jumping (or what ever is appropriate term). Flashback (MD) was great too not to forget Halo serie (Xbox).

However PC remains my favourite platform becouse there are plenty games available for free, mods and mouse.

(in reply to ilovestrategy)
Post #: 9
RE: Console Gaming - 9/16/2005 3:39:06 AM   
Jonesy22

I loved SLY 1 and 2...Cant wait for 3 !
I play PS2 and also love playing NCAA FB and the SOCOM series...

(in reply to crazygamer)
Post #: 10
RE: Console Gaming - 10/4/2005 2:08:27 AM   
crazygamer

Socom will be fun too. I did get Sly 3 this weekend and it is so much fun. My friends and I spent too much time playing the multiplayer. We were stealing things from each other till the wee early hours lol. I thought the 3D grahics with the glasses was pretty neat but I am glad you can turn it off since I was getting a headache after awhile. Overall I am impressed and glad they ended the Sly series on a good note. I can't wait to see the family secret.

(in reply to Jonesy22)
Post #: 11
RE: Console Gaming - 10/6/2005 8:09:30 AM   
Zap

Never owned any of the above. Just stay with computer. Am i missing anything?

(in reply to crazygamer)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Console Gaming Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote