Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Another MC Game?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Mega-Campaigns for SP:WaW >> RE: Another MC Game? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Another MC Game? - 5/23/2005 6:47:31 PM   
RUPD3658

What about a Downfall MC? The US Invade Japan in March of 46. Lots of cool late war equipment plus a fanatical defender make for certain fun! You could even make a Russian option where you invade from the North and race the US to Tokyo.

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits"- Darwin Awards 2003

"No plan survives contact with the enemy." - Field Marshall Helmuth von Moltke

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 31
RE: Another MC Game? - 5/24/2005 12:14:32 AM   
KG Erwin

Roland Rahn DID start on an independent series of scenarios for "Downfall", but unfortunately he never completed it.

You might want to try e-mailing him so he can send you a copy of it. I had a copy, but it was on my old PC (which suffered an untimely demise).

It's unlikely that there will ever be another full-scale MC, but there are several mini-campaigns available (see http://spwaw.com) .

< Message edited by KG Erwin -- 5/24/2005 12:16:58 AM >

(in reply to RUPD3658)
Post #: 32
RE: Another MC Game? - 5/29/2005 11:35:50 PM   
Capt. White

8. Hypothetical Invasion of England
9. Hypothetical Invasion of the Middle East (Rommel breaks through to the Suez)
10. Hypothetical Invasion of Australia by the Japanese

I think Those three would be brilliant. I think that it would be cool to act as the allies on the defensive starting by losing ground badly and then in the latter parts of the campaign either halting the attack or pushing them back. There is great potential for those to be made from either side there could be 2 campaigns 1 running from each point of view.
Also a hypothetical Invasion by the warsaw pact countries through germany would be cool. With the NATO coutries stratagy to be to defend for as long as possible before renforcements arrive. Though the time may not be completly right. Speaking to some vetrans based in Berlin after the war ended they express that they were not at all suprised by the cold war.

This would be good because most of the Forces for the british from 1947 to 1949 were infact used in the early years of the cold war i dont know about the french americans or any other countries though. It could start with russian tanks rolling through the streets of berlin and end somewhere in holland belgium or western france. Pretty Lengthy comment but i got carried away i can see it all unfolding in my head i just dont have the skill to make them.

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 33
RE: Another MC Game? - 6/10/2005 6:01:24 PM   
Wild Bill

They would make some nice battles. Time is always a factor with me today. I thought when I retired from my job that I would have more time. Now I wonder how I ever had the time to go operate that big 10 ton 40 foot bus through the streets of Atlanta for 24 years!

Perhaps someone will, one of these days.

WB

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Capt. White)
Post #: 34
RE: Another MC Game? - 9/27/2005 3:56:28 PM   
JTK

What about a MC which tells about the wars between Finland and the Soviet Union? The Soviet Union tried to invade Finland a couple of times, but doesn't succeed. The wars between Finland and the Soviet Union were extremely exciting. For example Finnish troops were able to stop the Soviet attack on Tali-Ihantala area where the largest military battle in Nordic history was fought from June 25 to July 6. Finland MC could contain a lot of different types of missions (for example guerilla missions behind the enemy lines and so on).

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 35
RE: Another MC Game? - 11/21/2005 9:38:44 AM   
Randy

I think a MC about the Russo-Finish War would be a good idea. Not too much has been done in that area. A couple of other ideas could be:
1)The Brits fighting the Japanese in India. You would also be able to fight using Indian troops against the Japanese.
2)A MC about the Sino-Japanese War. Start with the Japanese attacks in 1937. The human player would be the KMT and you could fight the Japanese as well as communist guerrillas.
3)A hypothetical MC of the Germans facing the Japanese in the Middle East/India. I think I remember a scenario of this in the original SP! This could be interesting!
Just some ideas.

Semper Fi
Randy

The United States Marines: America's 911 Force-The Tip of the Spear

(in reply to JTK)
Post #: 36
RE: Another MC Game? - 12/5/2005 1:36:36 AM   
DingoSaar

Don't know if this would be a Mega-Campaign; if it was a Campaign, so much the better.

I would like the Ruhr Kettle? Cauldron?, German Ruhrkessel, where the USA did close in the Germans in the Ruhrgebiet. The Ruhrkessel was closed and held until the front was far more to the East.

In the Ruhrkessel, area leaders (Gauleiter) still proclaimed final victory, the GeStaPo murdered many a dissident (also executed were people knowing too much), and some pretty high-up Nazi leaders got the chance after spending many a young German's life to see recognition and attain high positions in the Federal Republic under Adenauer, being cleaned by the Allied Control Council.

I would like to play the Ruhrkessel; my grandfather was evacuated, along with his family (including my mother), from Dortmund to Störmede village 1945. On Good Friday of 1945, many people were executed in the Rombergpark in Dortmund (there's a memorial today); my grandfather was on the list, and Combat Group Kane (I hope somewhere, there's also a memorial for them) reached Störmede some days later - nevertheless, the "Herrenmenschen" of the GeStaPo seemed to have been to frightened to take him from Störmede in time (which I rejoice).

If somebody knows the battle, and can put it into a (Mega-)Campaign, I think it would be an interesting one.

Yours
Ralf Hagen

,,Sie schreien nach uns um Hilfe, wenn ihnen das Wasser in das Maul
rinnt, und wünschen uns vom Hals, kaum als einen Augenblick dasselbige
verschwunden.''
Prinz Eugen von Savoyen 1704

(in reply to Randy)
Post #: 37
RE: Another MC Game? - 12/11/2005 8:34:19 AM   
Wild Bill

If it were ever done, it would have to be a mega, mega-campaign. I personally don't know if I could be up for it. You can't imagine the amount of work put into such a probject until you have done it. I've done it three times and the last one left me with a case of burn-out, something I've never had before. Took awhile to get back into the swing of things.

Still, it was a most rewarding experience. I learned from each one to prepare me for the next.

My gut instinct tells me that the paying audience would best support a German-Russian campaign from Stalingrad through Kursk.

Perhaps using Manstein as the guiding force, attempting to get to Stalingrad, and then setting up the situation for Kursk...Now that would be a tremendous Mega Campaign!

Perhaps from the point of view of a Tiger Company, part of the 4th Panzer Army.

That would not be my personal preference but I think it would be a grand mega-campaign.

All suggestions up to now have been good ones. I'm looking at it from a gaming company's point of view but then I might be wrong about that too

Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to DingoSaar)
Post #: 38
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Mega-Campaigns for SP:WaW >> RE: Another MC Game? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI