Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Aircraft Replacement in Brisbane

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Aircraft Replacement in Brisbane Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Aircraft Replacement in Brisbane - 10/5/2005 7:15:36 AM   
mac5732

Not sure if this is a bug or by design. Playing 15, we are in June 1942, Whenever the Japenese Player destroyes a substantial amount of Allied fighters P-40, Kittyhawks, Hurricanes at Port Morsby, all the losses reappear in Brisbane as a sub squadron of the original squadrons automatically. This has happened each time these fighters get shot up. If this is by design, it seems unfair, as the Japs can pound Morsby constantly but will never cut down on the allied ftr cover. Hopefully this is a bug as otherwise it puts the Japs at a definite disadvantage in its fight over Morsby. As within 2-3 turns these ftrs can be back in Morsby. These units come out all ready to fly not damaged. The Japs have enough problems without seeing ftrs they shoot down magically reappear on the next turn :) So far We've only seen this in Morsby in the game. Also IMHO the jap bombers need a little oomph. when 200 jap bombers bomb an airfield and only do 10-30 pts damage if that much, something is wrong. Even tho their bombers carry smaller loads more damage should be done especially in the beginning of the war. Where as the allied bombers, carrying larger loads(in fact they are currently carrying 1000 pound bombs which I didn't think they had until later in the war) can do 100 damage with only 30 bombers. this should be looked at. last and not least, allied bombers are way to strong in point defense IMHO. tks for any input

Beware: Crochety Old Geezers Play WIP and SEIV in between bathroom Runs :)
Post #: 1
RE: Aircraft Replacement in Brisbane - 10/5/2005 7:37:40 AM   
Yamato hugger

quote:

ORIGINAL: mac5732

Not sure if this is a bug or by design. Playing 15, we are in June 1942, Whenever the Japenese Player destroyes a substantial amount of Allied fighters P-40, Kittyhawks, Hurricanes at Port Morsby, all the losses reappear in Brisbane as a sub squadron of the original squadrons automatically. This has happened each time these fighters get shot up. If this is by design, it seems unfair, as the Japs can pound Morsby constantly but will never cut down on the allied ftr cover. Hopefully this is a bug as otherwise it puts the Japs at a definite disadvantage in its fight over Morsby. As within 2-3 turns these ftrs can be back in Morsby. These units come out all ready to fly not damaged. The Japs have enough problems without seeing ftrs they shoot down magically reappear on the next turn :) So far We've only seen this in Morsby in the game. Also IMHO the jap bombers need a little oomph. when 200 jap bombers bomb an airfield and only do 10-30 pts damage if that much, something is wrong. Even tho their bombers carry smaller loads more damage should be done especially in the beginning of the war. Where as the allied bombers, carrying larger loads(in fact they are currently carrying 1000 pound bombs which I didn't think they had until later in the war) can do 100 damage with only 30 bombers. this should be looked at. last and not least, allied bombers are way to strong in point defense IMHO. tks for any input

This is because your air unit isnt within air transfer range of a HQ. Move a HQ closer to your air unit and the replacements will go direct to the unit.

(in reply to mac5732)
Post #: 2
RE: Aircraft Replacement in Brisbane - 10/5/2005 8:01:33 AM   
mac5732

I understand what you stated, maybe I didn't make myself clearer, I do have a tendancy to do that once in awhile, its an age thing :)
The shot down planes, all of them, automatically come back in Brisbane on the next turn undamaged. They come back not as replacements for the original squadron, but as the original planes
of the squadron as a sub unit of the squadron. and yes there are HQ in Morsby so the squadron receives replacements as well like only a few at a time. Example 15 kitty hawks and 20 hurricans, says in squadron 101, are shot down over morsby. On the very next turn, 15 kittyhawks, and 20 hurricanes show up in brisbane as a sub squadron 101. not a few as replacements, but all the ftrs that were shot down. All other planes, bombers etc, are replaced normally within their squadrons. only the ftrs come back 100% So you could shoot down 40 ftrs and on the next turn all of those 40 ftrs will show up again in brisbane, The ftr squadrons in Morsby will never be depleted as all losses come back on next turn

Beware: Crochety Old Geezers Play WIP and SEIV in between bathroom Runs :)

(in reply to Yamato hugger)
Post #: 3
RE: Aircraft Replacement in Brisbane - 10/5/2005 8:05:22 AM   
afspret

Similar thing is happening to me except I keep getting replacements at Sydney, not Brisbane. I'm also getting a little miffed about the kill rates of the Zeros flying out of Rabaul. The last time I lost 11 Kittyhawks and 7 P-39s for 4 Zeros and 1 Betty. I can't seem to beat the dreaded "Zero Curtain", I have 2 RAAF and 1 RNZAF Kittyhawk Sqdrns and the 8th FG w/P-39s staggared from 29000 to 25000 ft and yet I'm constantly getting my A$$ handed to me. Case in fact, I had the 49th FG at Moresby but pulled it out when it got down to 12 aircraft, I was losing P-40s faster than they were being built.

(in reply to mac5732)
Post #: 4
RE: Aircraft Replacement in Brisbane - 10/5/2005 8:17:34 AM   
Yamato hugger

You are getting the replqacements at the nearest command HQ, correct? You have a command HQ in PM? Air replacements come from command HQ, not air, corps, or naval. Move SW Pac, So Pac, or Australia command to Townsville and you will have no further problems.

Edit: 4:1 Jap kill ratio isnt all that good. Keep it up. His pilots are irreplacable. Might want to rotate in some F4F groups off your carriers. You got plenty of F4Fs.

< Message edited by Yamato hugger -- 10/5/2005 8:20:19 AM >

(in reply to afspret)
Post #: 5
RE: Aircraft Replacement in Brisbane - 10/5/2005 8:30:41 AM   
Slauhtermeyer

quote:

ORIGINAL: afspret

The last time I lost 11 Kittyhawks and 7 P-39s for 4 Zeros and 1 Betty. I can't seem to beat the dreaded "Zero Curtain", I have 2 RAAF and 1 RNZAF Kittyhawk Sqdrns and the 8th FG w/P-39s staggared from 29000 to 25000 ft and yet I'm constantly getting my A$$ handed to me.

The P-39 is one of the aircraft that has a penalty for high altitudes (I think the other one is P-400). I'm not sure exactly how the penalty works, but I think the higher over 10000 ft, the higher the penalty.

(in reply to afspret)
Post #: 6
RE: Aircraft Replacement in Brisbane - 10/5/2005 8:38:00 AM   
michaelm75au

Check you replacement pool.
These planes should be dropping in number.
As long as there are planes there, it will keep pulling in replacements every 2 out of 3 days.
And they are probably showing up at the Command Hq of PM. Because they are fighter with short endurance, they are showing up where the HQ is as YH said.

Michael
quote:

ORIGINAL: mac5732

I understand what you stated, maybe I didn't make myself clearer, I do have a tendancy to do that once in awhile, its an age thing :)
The shot down planes, all of them, automatically come back in Brisbane on the next turn undamaged. They come back not as replacements for the original squadron, but as the original planes
of the squadron as a sub unit of the squadron. and yes there are HQ in Morsby so the squadron receives replacements as well like only a few at a time. Example 15 kitty hawks and 20 hurricans, says in squadron 101, are shot down over morsby. On the very next turn, 15 kittyhawks, and 20 hurricanes show up in brisbane as a sub squadron 101. not a few as replacements, but all the ftrs that were shot down. All other planes, bombers etc, are replaced normally within their squadrons. only the ftrs come back 100% So you could shoot down 40 ftrs and on the next turn all of those 40 ftrs will show up again in brisbane, The ftr squadrons in Morsby will never be depleted as all losses come back on next turn

(in reply to mac5732)
Post #: 7
RE: Aircraft Replacement in Brisbane - 10/5/2005 10:38:33 AM   
afspret

Both the RAAF Sqdrns & 8th FG (as is the 49th FG) are assigned to SWPAC, which is at Brisbane, yet the replacements are arriving at Sydney. The RNZAF unit (an evacuee from Malay) was reassigned to SOPAC, which is at Noumea, and its replacements area also arriving at Sydney.

As for altitude (the major weakness of the P-39/P-400), I guess the game doesn't reconginze the dive, use speed to reclimb and dive again method of attack.

(in reply to Yamato hugger)
Post #: 8
RE: Aircraft Replacement in Brisbane - 10/5/2005 10:52:23 AM   
michaelm75au

But what HQ is the base that those groups are stationed at?
Don't forget that replacements arrive at the base's HQ not the group's HQ.

Michael
quote:

Both the RAAF Sqdrns & 8th FG (as is the 49th FG) are assigned to SWPAC, which is at Brisbane, yet the replacements are arriving at Sydney. The RNZAF unit (an evacuee from Malay) was reassigned to SOPAC, which is at Noumea, and its replacements area also arriving at Sydney.

As for altitude (the major weakness of the P-39/P-400), I guess the game doesn't reconginze the dive, use speed to reclimb and dive again method of attack.

(in reply to afspret)
Post #: 9
RE: Aircraft Replacement in Brisbane - 10/5/2005 1:15:53 PM   
Sardaukar

You can have the replacements arrive into base if:

1. Base has >20 000 supply
2. Base is within aircraft transfer (max) range from it's Command HQ which has >20 000 supply

Other than that replacements will arrive in Command HQ and you'll have to manually transfer them to parent unit.

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 10
RE: Aircraft Replacement in Brisbane - 10/5/2005 4:00:58 PM   
Yamato hugger

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelm

But what HQ is the base that those groups are stationed at?
Don't forget that replacements arrive at the base's HQ not the group's HQ.

Michael
quote:

Unless you changed it, PM is under Australia command as is Noumea. Bet you dollars to doughnuts that Australia command is at Sydney.

Edit: Im pretty sure if you move a command HQ (any command HQ) to within air transfer range of PM, Townsville, they will fly in from there). But because there isnt, they are appearing at the base command HQ which is at Sydney.

P-39s dont work like P-47s. There is a reason they were used as ground attack aircraft. They dont work well above 10,000. Read pretty much any history book on it.

< Message edited by Yamato hugger -- 10/5/2005 4:25:47 PM >

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Aircraft Replacement in Brisbane Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI