Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Matrix Games’ PureSim Baseball 2005 Goes Gold!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Matrix Games’ PureSim Baseball 2005 Goes Gold! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Matrix Games’ PureSim Baseball 2005 Goes Gold! - 9/29/2005 7:04:09 AM   
Alex Fiedler

Gold Edition of Baseball Simulation Nears Release

Matrix Games is pleased to announce that the exciting new sports simulation, PureSim Baseball 2005 Gold Edition (www.puresim.com), has gone gold and is expected to be released next week. PureSim Baseball 2005 Gold Edition is the ultimate baseball fan’s toy, with support for both casual and hardcore baseball fans and the ability to play out any season in baseball history.

PureSim Baseball 2005 Gold Edition allows you to choose how much you want to do. You can play out each at bat in every game or focus on the financial or statistical aspects. Creating a league can be as easy as a simple three step wizard and allows fictional or real players from any season since 1871 with PureSim’s integrated support for the free Lahman 2004 MLB player database. Career play allows you to keep going for as many seasons as you like. Multiplayer support is included, run an entire league with other players!

PureSim Baseball 2005 Gold Edition also allows detailed statistical analysis, allowing multiple replays for checking lineup combinations, a full almanac system and metrics, full player editor support and unattended simulation features. Every pitch is tracked, with reports such as Runs Created 27 (RC/27), Relative Batting Average, Pitching Runs, Park Factors, Defensive Independent Percentage, and more. Add-in support allows the creation of mods that plug directly into the game.

For previous customers, the new 2005 Gold Edition includes a number of exciting new features, including improved multiplayer support, adjustable ratings scales, a sandbox mode that also allows import of entire teams (pit the ’27 Yanks against the ’04 Red Sox!), performance improvements, non-US English Windows support and many more improvements and fixes, over sixty in total! This new Matrix Games release is a major new version and previous customers entitled to an upgrade will be able to upgrade through Matrix Games.

PureSim Baseball 2005 Gold Edition truly is the game that every baseball fan should have.
Post #: 1
RE: Matrix Games’ PureSim Baseball 2005 Goes Gold! - 9/29/2005 7:16:42 AM   
33sherman

All right!

(in reply to Alex Fiedler)
Post #: 2
RE: Matrix Games’ PureSim Baseball 2005 Goes Gold! - 9/29/2005 7:40:25 AM   
Edward

the boys at Matrix love recycling the same old information. Wake me up when there is an actual product to buy.

Post #: 3
RE: Matrix Games’ PureSim Baseball 2005 Goes Gold! - 9/29/2005 8:23:36 AM   
Bodhi

quote:

ORIGINAL: Edward

the boys at Matrix love recycling the same old information. Wake me up when there is an actual product to buy.

Wonder how someone listed as "Joined: 9/22/2005" can say that "Matrix love recycling the same old information". How much recycling has been going on in the week you've been coming here?

Bodhi

(in reply to Edward)
Post #: 4
RE: Matrix Games’ PureSim Baseball 2005 Goes Gold! - 9/29/2005 9:27:08 AM   
DandricSturm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alex Fiedler

Gold Edition of Baseball Simulation Nears Release

This new Matrix Games release is a major new version and previous customers entitled to an upgrade will be able to upgrade through Matrix Games.

PureSim Baseball 2005 Gold Edition truly is the game that every baseball fan should have.

And, since I am one of those previous customers, be assured you aren't losing anything by this since I've already bought 2 other matrix titles since PureSim has joined matrix and plan on buying at least 2 more.

"The Guns, Thank God, The Guns..." - Rudyard Kipling
http://www.bluemax-ara-assoc.com/

Post #: 5
RE: Matrix Games’ PureSim Baseball 2005 Goes Gold! - 9/29/2005 7:07:43 PM   
Edward

For the record. 8/19, 9/21 & 9/29 was the same press release.

Can't wait until this game is available to purchase! I happen to believe that by time PS 2007 rolls around Shaun will have made the best baseball sim game ever.

(in reply to Bodhi)
Post #: 6
RE: Matrix Games’ PureSim Baseball 2005 Goes Gold! - 9/29/2005 11:13:06 PM   
Erik Rutins

Edward,

Subtle differences... like the fact that this release gave a definite release date of next week.

As for the rest, it can't hurt to get the facts about this great title out there as often as possible. It's not aimed (mostly) at those who already know about PureSim or already own it, but rather in reaching a larger audience that reads any release from Matrix or on the sites where our releases are usually posted.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Edward)
Post #: 7
RE: Matrix Games’ PureSim Baseball 2005 Goes Gold! - 10/8/2005 4:58:54 PM   
StyxNCa

I'm sure it still doesn't import ALL actual players for replay seasons. That's ridiculous.

Post #: 8
RE: Matrix Games’ PureSim Baseball 2005 Goes Gold! - 10/8/2005 5:43:58 PM   
puresimmer

The only guys that are not imported are players with less than 15 innings pitched and less than 25 at bats.

The flip side would be importing a guy that was 4 for 8 in 8 at bats. It would be extrememly difficult for the game to rate that player in the game. There's just not enough data to accurately model him.

Developer, PureSim Baseball

(in reply to StyxNCa)
Post #: 9
RE: Matrix Games’ PureSim Baseball 2005 Goes Gold! - 10/8/2005 9:24:26 PM   
StyxNCa

OK, but I wonder how all the other games I have used were able to import such players. All those missing at bats do add up. But then don't replace real players with fictitious players, especially since from what I have seen, the computer uses some of those fictional players in the starting lineups in place of a player who was the actual starter. U get some very distorted results from that, so it doesnt end off being a true replay. I expect some variance using real players cuz the players wont be facing the same pitchers or batters as in real life, unless someone uses actual lineups and then makes changes as they actually happened, but I just can't stand seeing a real player benched for a fake player. That is a fictional league, not a replay.

If this is how the game works, however, it could be mentioned in the advertising so that people don't spend $30 only to find it isn't able to be used the way they wanted it to be. I tried to use the free download but it kept giving me some error about the trial count was wrong or some such thing, so in oprder to even try the game I had to pay for it. I really wanted to give this game a chance, still do, but that real player issue needs to be resolved. If it won't be just let me know and I won't bother with the game any further. Thx.

< Message edited by StyxNCa -- 10/8/2005 9:30:24 PM >

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 10
RE: Matrix Games’ PureSim Baseball 2005 Goes Gold! - 10/8/2005 11:35:17 PM   
puresimmer

I'm always trying to improve the game and value your feedback!

I hope I am not coming across as flippant, if so my apologies.

The best course would be for you to give me a detailed example of an association you are setting up where fictional players are "polluting" your replay. I'll need to know what the year you are replaying is, and maybe some examples of some teams where this is happening and maybe som real players that you feel should have been imported but were not.

I'll bet I can make you happy if you hang in there!

(in reply to StyxNCa)
Post #: 11
RE: Matrix Games’ PureSim Baseball 2005 Goes Gold! - 10/9/2005 4:43:30 PM   
StyxNCa

I replayed the 1969 season, and that year there were a few expansion teams that had loads of players not reaching the requirment for importation in this game. However, 2 examples of fictional players starting for the regulars were the shortstop position for the Pilots, and the shortstop position for the Tigers of 1969. Granted, the starters weren't any good for the Pilots, but for the Tigers, Mickey Stanley played SS most of the season till they traded for Tom Tresh, but in the replay, some fictional player started most of the year. If anything, get rid of the idea of replacing real player slots in replays with fictional characters. At least the real players would be forced to play then.

I did upgrade to Gold cuz I want to give the game a chance. Right now I am creating an all time league with loads of players, past and present, which will be drafted onto teams and will go from there. I do like the way the game changes rating for players as more players are imported. I would like to know how the game engine determines ratings. Is it based on the overall stats of all players in the league or does it use an "era" type system as OOTP does?

But for replays I really would like to see something worked out for the real players.

< Message edited by StyxNCa -- 10/9/2005 4:45:10 PM >

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 12
RE: Matrix Games’ PureSim Baseball 2005 Goes Gold! - 10/9/2005 4:59:12 PM   
puresimmer

quote:

But for replays I really would like to see something worked out for the real players.

I think you are going to love the next update :) In these replays I have yet to see a fictional player appear and I have been doing a lot of testing.

I just imported 1969 using the new algorithms and here is Seattle's lineup:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to StyxNCa)
Post #: 13
RE: Matrix Games’ PureSim Baseball 2005 Goes Gold! - 10/9/2005 5:01:37 PM   
StyxNCa

Yes I read the news in your other post after I wrote my previous message. I think that's great cuz over all I really like the game. Thanks for the work. I'm not used to anyone really listening to me when I have suggestions.

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 14
RE: Matrix Games’ PureSim Baseball 2005 Goes Gold! - 10/10/2005 12:03:23 PM   
athkatla

I read in another thread that the latest version of the game is 8.21, is the Gold edition patched to 8.21, or does it require any patches downloading? Oh, another question, is the Gold edition a stand alone edition or do you have to have any previous version of the game?

< Message edited by athkatla -- 10/10/2005 12:10:23 PM >

Win at all costs!

(in reply to StyxNCa)
Post #: 15
RE: Matrix Games’ PureSim Baseball 2005 Goes Gold! - 10/10/2005 2:08:27 PM   
puresimmer

Actually the gold edition has 60 new features and fixes since 8.21. If you are an 8.21 owner you should upgrade as soon as possible.

The gold edition does NOT require previous versions be installed see the upgrade instructions thread FAQ for more info.

(in reply to athkatla)
Post #: 16
RE: Matrix Games’ PureSim Baseball 2005 Goes Gold! - 10/10/2005 5:56:29 PM   
athkatla

Thanks for that, I'm not a previous owner of Puresim, but I am now a new British owner of Puresim Baseball 2005 Gold Edition. Stand by for lots of questions about this game.

Win at all costs!

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Matrix Games’ PureSim Baseball 2005 Goes Gold! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI