Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

BryanK's Stadium Pack

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> 3rd Party Add-ons Area >> BryanK's Stadium Pack Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
BryanK's Stadium Pack - 10/14/2005 3:21:26 AM   
BryanK

Been putting this one together for the past few days after work. I really like how they turned out, and I'd like to thank Padresfan104 for coming up with a great PSPNcast template. Note that I don't want to steal his thunder here; Padresfan104 is releasing his own stadium pack. He just wanted to use real stadium images, while I thought it best to go with the computer generated ones. My thinking was that the images I used were of higher quality and were more standardized (so the ballflight paths would be more accurate across stadiums).

Features:
All 30 MLB Stadiums w Photos in .prk format
8 "Classic" Stadiums w Photos in .prk format
6 generic stadium images
All MLB logos have been wiped, making the stadiums better fit fictional leages
Adjusted ballflight paths
Moved PSPNcast windows (using Padresfan's Template)

Here's a YSI link. It's only good for 20 downloads, so please don't hit it up until someone has agreed to host the file. (Unless you're Shaun ;) Filesize weighs in at about 28MB

http://s62.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3UWIIOV5L732V1TGFUX0B3XIV5

Also, whoever is hosting my facepack and logo releases, could you please change the name on the file from "tfwSeviien's" to "BryanK's" ? tfwSeviien was the name I used on the old Puresim forum. Thanks!
Post #: 1
RE: BryanK's Stadium Pack - 10/14/2005 7:34:25 AM   
Steely Glint

Upload it to www.baseballsimcentral.com, they will host it.

“It was a war of snap judgments and binary results—shoot or don’t, live or die.“

Wargamer since 1967. Matrix customer since 2003.

(in reply to BryanK)
Post #: 2
RE: BryanK's Stadium Pack - 10/14/2005 3:04:01 PM   
Erik Rutins

I'll repeat the offer I made to PadresFan - we can host this in our Members' Club as a user submission if you want. Let me know if you are interested and we can get the file up with the description and credit you want.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Steely Glint)
Post #: 3
RE: BryanK's Stadium Pack - 10/14/2005 3:06:27 PM   
NatsWin

Bryan - can you let us know when it can be downloaded and where we can get it from?

A big thanks to you and PadresFan104 for the work you have done on these projects. Its a real labor of love when there is no reward at the end of the day, but you definitely get the thanks of PureSim fans for doing this.

Baseball is back where it belongs: In the Nations Capital! Washington Nationals - moving on up in '06

(in reply to Steely Glint)
Post #: 4
RE: BryanK's Stadium Pack - 10/15/2005 4:19:05 AM   
BryanK

Thanks Nats :)

I've sent Erik my face pack, logoset, and this stadium pack, so hopefully they'll be available shortly in the Matrix members section.
In the mean time, here's a screenshot that showcases samples from all 3 mods:

The next project I was thinking about going after was to pull together a historical facepack. I know we technically already have one, but it's nice to have options :) Tigerfan did some great work on this a couple years back, but unfortunately him his images are the wrong size for puresim :(
If I get some time between grad school apps, I'll take a look at this assuming people are interested.

< Message edited by BryanK -- 10/15/2005 4:21:35 AM >

(in reply to NatsWin)
Post #: 5
RE: BryanK's Stadium Pack - 10/15/2005 5:03:32 AM   
SpharV2

Looks good, I love the variety we've gotten here the past few days. The more out there the better. I can't say as I'd use a historical facepack because I never play historical leagues, but I'm sure there would be plenty of interest.

(in reply to BryanK)
Post #: 6
RE: BryanK's Stadium Pack - 10/15/2005 5:17:11 AM   
Erik Rutins

Bryan,

Just posted all three packs, they are up now in the Members' Club everyone!

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to SpharV2)
Post #: 7
RE: BryanK's Stadium Pack - 10/15/2005 5:29:05 AM   
BryanK

Thanks Erik!

And I just noticed that the existing puresim historical facepack leveraged tigerfan's work... there have been some suppliments since, so I suppose I could just put together a supplimental pack. It could get sticky with all the player renaming and such... I'll have to think about it.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 8
RE: BryanK's Stadium Pack - 10/15/2005 6:54:41 AM   
pasternakski

Sorry, sportsfans, I'm just not seeing what I want with these new park photos, so I am continuing to use the ones KG Erwin linked to, plus a couple of lucky scores I came across on the Internet of parks that are not included there (for the era I prefer, which is 1920s-70s). I still need good shots of Kansas City Municipal Stadium and Baltimore Memorial Park.

The two biggest problems for me are that significant areas of fair territory are cut off from the frame, and the photo does not fill the entire screen behind the info and play-by-play boxes. Other things are the clutter in the foreground in many of the shots (I have no interest, for example, in the most graphically important object being a second-level grandstand beer cup holder. I'm not real tickled with a handrail protruding into the picture and obscuring third base, either). I also have a real problem with "photoshopping out" the team logos and other city-specific identifying information. I get a real kick out of such things as my team showing up in Chicago to play the White Sox and seeing the old Comiskey Park painted signs behind the left and right field fences saying "Help Keep Chicago Clean."

I'm glad to have the shots I have been able to use, but, as far as what I've seen from the new stuff is concerned, I'd just as soon go with the original, thanks.

I would like to see the developer spend some time integrating the game system with its graphic presentation (a 3-D view-modifiable scoreboard would be dynamite), but it's not a big thing for me. The photos are just "eye candy," while the stadium dimensions and outfield wall heights (with a few other, minor considerations, like elevation from sea level) are the important items for game play.

The most important thing, for me, is continued refinement of the game system to make it "PLAY BALL" the way ball is - and was - played. I am tickled with the stadium shots I have, and hope to accumulate more, but these are just not it for me.

Put my faith in the people
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.

(in reply to BryanK)
Post #: 9
RE: BryanK's Stadium Pack - 10/15/2005 7:36:59 AM   
BryanK

Um... does your negativity have a purpose?
Not sure if you meant to come across as arrogant and overly opinionated, but you did. And not just on this post. Half the criticisms you leveled didn't even apply to *my* pack, but to Padresfan - who, in my opinion did an *excellent* job with the template and real images. I didn't even want to touch the real images because they're a total pain to find in any standardized format... not that you would know.

The point of erasing MLB and team logos was to make the stadiums more friendly for fictional leagues. Since puresim started as fictional-leagues-only, I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that there's a big chunk of the community that doesn't use MLB teams. That being the case, why would one want a big, glaring logo -- of say the White Sox -- when that team doesn't exist in the baseball universe they've created?

And as far as actual gameplay-wise... both of the stadium packs released at least 3 new stadiums with accurate dimensions that were not already in the game: PETCO, Citizens Bank, and Great American Ballpark.

I'm sure you're well meaning, but when you only pick at what you think wasn't done right or why you don't like something -- when you yourself have contributed nothing of value -- well... it's a little annoying. Especially considering the investment of time others in the community have made to help improve the Puresim experience of others.

(in reply to pasternakski)
Post #: 10
RE: BryanK's Stadium Pack - 10/15/2005 8:15:50 AM   
KG Erwin

These new ballparks are great, and I have no complaints with them. Pasternakski is partial to the classic old-time parks, and I am, too.

Nevertheless, we have something for everyone here, so let's give thanks for the work that's being done by the players.

Keep up the good work, guys. I'm in awe of your talent and dedication.

(in reply to BryanK)
Post #: 11
RE: BryanK's Stadium Pack - 10/15/2005 8:47:16 AM   
pasternakski

Hel-LO. Did you read my post? I'm just being your girlfriend, telling you what I want and that you're not giving it to me. I didn't solicit your park screens, and I don't intend to use them, because they are not what I am after. If everyone but me is satisfied with these, fine for them, but, as I intended to say, in my arrogant way, I need to look elsewhere. I posted in order that those who feel the same way or might feel the same way would not be discouraged and would continue to find graphics that are pleasing to them when inserted into the game. I also intimated that I hoped Shaun would continue to refine the graphics in the game.

At the risk of further arrogance, I will say it again. "The two biggest problems for me are that significant areas of fair territory are cut off from the frame, and the photo does not fill the entire screen behind the info and play-by-play boxes."

Put my faith in the people
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.

(in reply to BryanK)
Post #: 12
RE: BryanK's Stadium Pack - 10/15/2005 10:01:13 AM   
PadresFan104

Gonna jump in here since my name was brought up. Thanks for the support and kind words Bryan! Here's my take.

First, I originally created my template for readily available 640x480 images for my own association. Once I saw how cool it could look, I started posting my efforts and decided to create a full blown package for all to share. I've been playing games like OOTP and PureSim for years, and have always reaped the benefit of using other peoples work, so I decided it was my turn to contribute to the user community. The feedback has been very gratifying. So if someone like pasternak isn't happy, it's no big deal, I've gotten plenty of positive remarks to make the effort feel more than worthwhile.

Second, with regards to pasternaks point about the images. Man, I wish I could provide better images, I really do. I spent at least 6 to 8 hours over this past week scouring the Internet for images that would work with the game. I consider myself to be a Sherlock of the Internet, and I couldn't do any better than what I put together. My favorite real-life park is PETCO, and it kills me that it's one of the weakest images. Like pasternak said, the handrail in the foreground is covering the third base area. The plain truth is that there is nothing better currently available that is a) a real photographic image, b) free from copyright, c) in the right perspective, and d) in the minimum useful resoultion of 640x480.

If you buy a game like Strat-o-Matic, you can buy copyrighted ballpark images for use in the game. It'll cost you about $25 over and above the $50 for the game. I'd rather play the better game (IMO), and use the free images, even if they have their flaws.

So for me, I like real images. Something about them helps bring the game to life. I would love it if someday Shaun could copyright 1024x768 images like the default image of Turner Field. Until then, we're left to our own devices to improve on the look of the game where custom stadium graphics are concerned.

Pasternak, you mentioned that you have some images that you are really happy with, and you've got my interest peaked. Your "lucky scores." Are these images you could share with the community?

Bryan, I like the woodgrain border on your images. I had thought about doing that, and now that I see how good it looks, I wish I had!! Good job.

Al

(in reply to pasternakski)
Post #: 13
RE: BryanK's Stadium Pack - 10/15/2005 3:47:31 PM   
puresimmer

I have a great idea on this one.

Next year we can rally all the PureSimmers out there to bring their digital cameras to the ball park when they go see a game. Then they could take cool photos and contribute them to the PureSim community. I'm sure there would be tons I could use as standard background graphics on screens as well as maybe even get some good ball park shots for in-game (though I can see how that may be a bit more difficult to obtain).

You could simply grant me the rights to use your images and we'd be good to go!

What do you guys think?

Developer, PureSim Baseball

(in reply to PadresFan104)
Post #: 14
RE: BryanK's Stadium Pack - 10/15/2005 5:08:00 PM   
PadresFan104

quote:

ORIGINAL: puresimmer

Next year we can rally all the PureSimmers out there to bring their digital cameras to the ball park when they go see a game. Then they could take cool photos and contribute them to the PureSim community. I'm sure there would be tons I could use as standard background graphics on screens as well as maybe even get some good ball park shots for in-game (though I can see how that may be a bit more difficult to obtain).

What do you guys think?

I'm in!!

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 15
RE: BryanK's Stadium Pack - 10/15/2005 9:12:23 PM   
Edward

The Stadium Pack looks great! Thanks BryanK.
As far as photographing stadiums. I live in NYC I got Shea & Yankee Stadium covered.
I could also take photos are the surrounding minor league parks as well
if needed.

Post #: 16
RE: BryanK's Stadium Pack - 10/15/2005 9:16:39 PM   
Beach23BoyP

I prefer my old PureSim ball park layout. Sorry, but I can't show it right now.

< Message edited by Beach23BoyP -- 10/15/2005 9:41:35 PM >

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 17
RE: BryanK's Stadium Pack - 10/15/2005 9:20:21 PM   
Steely Glint

quote:

ORIGINAL: puresimmer

What do you guys think?

Great idea!

“It was a war of snap judgments and binary results—shoot or don’t, live or die.“

Wargamer since 1967. Matrix customer since 2003.

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 18
RE: BryanK's Stadium Pack - 10/16/2005 4:17:42 AM   
PadresFan104

quote:

ORIGINAL: Beach23BoyP

I prefer my old PureSim ball park layout. Sorry, but I can't show it right now.

Check back in when you can, I'd love to see it.

Al

(in reply to Beach23BoyP)
Post #: 19
RE: BryanK's Stadium Pack - 10/16/2005 5:28:27 AM   
sd5175

An ootper released a set from mvp but from a higher view point were it showed the corners in the outfield. Is that something you can use?

Post #: 20
RE: BryanK's Stadium Pack - 1/31/2006 5:22:00 AM   
Campy

can someone tell where I can find the stadium files? they are no longer in the members section.

thanks

(in reply to sd5175)
Post #: 21
RE: BryanK's Stadium Pack - 1/31/2006 5:48:59 AM   
BryanK

Could someone confirm this please?
If they are indeed down, I can send them to you via yousendit or some similar service. Can you wait a few days?

(in reply to Campy)
Post #: 22
RE: BryanK's Stadium Pack - 1/31/2006 7:07:46 AM   
Campy

quote:

ORIGINAL: BryanK
Can you wait a few days?

no problem. thanks.

there are quite a few files mentioned on these boards as being in the members section but I only see the facepack and the upgrade patch.

any files would be greatly appreciated.

(in reply to BryanK)
Post #: 23
RE: BryanK's Stadium Pack - 1/31/2006 7:33:14 PM   
John David

I have noticed this too. Is there a way that they can be placed in the members section again?

If not, I too would like access to them as well!

JD

The only thing good about war, is it's ending!

(in reply to Campy)
Post #: 24
RE: BryanK's Stadium Pack - 2/1/2006 1:16:42 PM   
VanScoy

I found them last night in the "private section" next to your "registered games", not in the members section.

(in reply to John David)
Post #: 25
RE: BryanK's Stadium Pack - 2/1/2006 8:50:34 PM   
Erik Rutins

Folks, they are definitely in the Members' Club. They were never taken down. However, you need to register your copy of PureSim and then click on the registered downloads to see them. They are only available to registered PureSim owners.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to VanScoy)
Post #: 26
RE: BryanK's Stadium Pack - 2/1/2006 9:10:40 PM   
tony_cubs

Great job PadresFan104, I just imported in your MLB Stadium Pack. That's cool, I'm impressed.
t_c

Post #: 27
RE: BryanK's Stadium Pack - 2/1/2006 9:28:54 PM   
PadresFan104

Thanks, I appreciate it!

Al

(in reply to tony_cubs)
Post #: 28
RE: BryanK's Stadium Pack - 2/2/2006 1:35:07 AM   
Campy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Folks, they are definitely in the Members' Club. They were never taken down. However, you need to register your copy of PureSim and then click on the registered downloads to see them. They are only available to registered PureSim owners.

Regards,

- Erik

I finally found them. They are in Private Downloads. you have to click on "my games" after you have logged on. assuming you have registered PureSim, click on "private downloads", which will be on the left. I missed the private downloads tag, as it isn't an obvious place to look.

Little tricky to find but well worth it. I would suggest adding the historical schedules and the cap logos to the private downloads section as well. Let me know if you woulkd like me to email them somewhere...I found those files on pure sim central and they are worth the download

< Message edited by Campy -- 2/2/2006 2:49:41 AM >

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 29
RE: BryanK's Stadium Pack - 2/2/2006 2:19:12 AM   
VanScoy

yes, it isnt the most obvious place for them.... but forget about that... I LOVE the stadiums and the layout. its much more OOTP, shall we say?

(in reply to Campy)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> 3rd Party Add-ons Area >> BryanK's Stadium Pack Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI