Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

What's up with toggle switches?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> What's up with toggle switches? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What's up with toggle switches? - 10/20/2005 6:26:54 PM   
doktor1957

I'm baffled by the toggle switches (ok, maybe I'm easily baffled). For instance, the 'accept replacements' switch on airgroups. When I click it, it changes to 'do not accept replacements'. What setting have I selected? Am I now accepting replacements? The switch says I am not, yet I clicked on the 'accept replacement' setting. Please help, Timor hangs in the balance.
Post #: 1
RE: What's up with toggle switches? - 10/20/2005 6:28:12 PM   
Terminus

If you want to accept replacements, then the setting has to say "Accept Replacements". If it does, then don't touch it.

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to doktor1957)
Post #: 2
RE: What's up with toggle switches? - 10/20/2005 6:43:55 PM   
doktor1957

simple enough, thanks

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 3
RE: What's up with toggle switches? - 10/20/2005 7:06:53 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

ORIGINAL: doktor1957

simple enough, thanks

Yes, the user interface. Half the toggle switches you click when you want to keep the setting (click "dock" if you want to dock;) the other half you click when you want to change it (click "accept replacements" if you DON'T want replacements.) Simple - once you know what's happening...

(in reply to doktor1957)
Post #: 4
RE: What's up with toggle switches? - 10/20/2005 10:07:38 PM   
aletoledo

quote:

simple enough, thanks

I'm glad you understand it, now explain it to me!!

the one I don't understand is the TO&E button, it seems the opposite of the 'accept replacement' examples.

I guess I've gotten used to it by now.

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 5
RE: What's up with toggle switches? - 10/20/2005 10:33:34 PM   
Terminus

The "TO&E" toggle changes the display between a given unit's current composition and the composition it needs to have to follow its Table of Organisation & Equipment.

If Accept Replacements is On, and the necessary equipment is present in the pool, and supply is present at the unit's location, the program will fill out the unit to it's TO&E specs.

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to aletoledo)
Post #: 6
RE: What's up with toggle switches? - 10/21/2005 8:02:55 PM   
Oldsweat

While we're on this topic, how about a brief on reading the to&e/unit status window. For example, if it says something like (0) 25 pack mules or things along these lines, what does it mean. If you are short of something, how do you fix it? I'm fumbling along with 1.5.

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 7
RE: What's up with toggle switches? - 10/21/2005 8:04:50 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

ORIGINAL: Oldsweat

While we're on this topic, how about a brief on reading the to&e/unit status window. For example, if it says something like (0) 25 pack mules or things along these lines, what does it mean. If you are short of something, how do you fix it? I'm fumbling along with 1.5.

Rest (esp in a non-malarial area), and lots of supplies. A leader with a good ADMIN rating helps, as do HQs.

(in reply to Oldsweat)
Post #: 8
RE: What's up with toggle switches? - 10/22/2005 5:15:21 AM   
michaelm75au

The number (0) is the number of disabled "pack mules" and other number 25 is the number of active "pack mules".

The maximum number of "pack mules" in the unit is found by going to TOE and reading the number there (say (0) x 30 Pack mules).

The unit will take replacements to reach the TOE value of the item. Replacements come from the equipment pool depending on the level of supply of the unit. {see manual section 15.3}

To get items from disabled to active, do as rtrapasso suggested.

Michael

quote:

ORIGINAL: Oldsweat

(in reply to Oldsweat)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> What's up with toggle switches? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI