Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

What happened to...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> What happened to... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What happened to... - 7/4/2000 2:45:00 AM   
Ken Rutsky

...the custom maps that were included with the original version of the game (bocage, etc.)? They seem to have been overwritten by the new, smaller-sized blank maps (which are, themselves a godsend, so realize I'm not complaining )? They were useful for doing quick, one-off battles without resorting to a random map. I've done a couple custom maps of my own for such purposes, but the ones included gratis by Wild Bill were so good, I'd use them regularly. Anyway, I guess maybe I'm wondering if it's possible to get copies of the custom map files originally included with the game? Ken Rutsky

Though it be broken -- Broken again -- still it's there, The moon on the water Chosu
Post #: 1
- 7/4/2000 3:37:00 AM   
Tankhead

Hi Ken! There on the way check you e-mail Tankhead ------------------ Rick Cloutier [email]rcclout@telusplanet.net[/email] Coordinator: Tankhead's SPWAW Resources http:/sites.netscape.net/rcclout

Tankhead

(in reply to Ken Rutsky)
Post #: 2
- 7/4/2000 3:55:00 AM   
Mac_MatrixForum

While on the subject of maps... It would be REALLY great to get some more variation into the terrain generation code. So that it would use all the fancy new features when needed (mud and stuff). I know this is quite complex to code and I'm sure you'll work on it eventually. It would make the random battles (I play those alot) much more interesting. Meanwhile, also in addition, I would like to get some more of those VERY NICE custom maps, that as mentioned, were there but seem to have been removed. One can get some more maps from the scenarios but why not make some additional maps available for download as well? I'm sure there are lots of hand-made gorgeous sceneries out there just waiting to get some action on them ------------------ Markku "Mac" Rontu "Understanding is a three-edged sword, your side, their side and the truth." - Sheridan in B5

Markku "Macroz" Rontu
"Understanding is a three-edged sword, your side, their side and the truth." - Captain John J. Sheridan, Babylon 5

(in reply to Ken Rutsky)
Post #: 3
- 7/4/2000 4:40:00 AM   
Ken Rutsky

Received the maps in good order, Rick! Thanks much! Ken Rutsky

Though it be broken -- Broken again -- still it's there, The moon on the water Chosu

(in reply to Ken Rutsky)
Post #: 4
- 7/4/2000 5:37:00 AM   
Drake666

Be like me Mac make your own custom maps. Im still play a Email game on my first Big map and just got done of my second big one today.

(in reply to Ken Rutsky)
Post #: 5
- 7/4/2000 6:19:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Don't you just love this editor. Man, if you doubt how good this version is, go back to SP1...you'll come running back here Its the best to date, the most user friendly editor I've ever seen in a game. Even the generated maps are improving! But I hope we can get those extras in here sometime, Mac, plus we are working on getting up a Map Depot similar to the Game Depot. We are working on it. I agree, it is a great idea. Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Ken Rutsky)
Post #: 6
- 7/4/2000 10:35:00 PM   
Mac_MatrixForum

quote:

Originally posted by Wild Bill: Even the generated maps are improving! But I hope we can get those extras in here sometime, Mac, plus we are working on getting up a Map Depot similar to the Game Depot. We are working on it. I agree, it is a great idea.
That's good to hear, as usual around here Hopefully, some day, after a couple more iterations in the version number you get to do some facility to handle the maps and scenarios without the file name number hassle. I know there are programs for that but an "official" solution might be good when you have the time. I've been thinking of doing a couple maps to SP:W@W too but have been too busy for now. A Map Depot will definitely be good and I hope people donate many maps there. For as long as the Map Generator in the game stays as it is there will be need for pre-made maps outside scenarios too. I wonder, if there are any people out there with coding capabilities, love for SP:W@W and some spare time. I don't think it would be impossible for an outsider (non-Matrix Team) to do a program to create random maps. This wouldn't eat limited resources from the main efforts. Sorry, I'm too busy for now Any experiences in random terrain creation, anyone? ------------------ Markku "Mac" Rontu "Understanding is a three-edged sword, your side, their side and the truth." - Sheridan in B5

Markku "Macroz" Rontu
"Understanding is a three-edged sword, your side, their side and the truth." - Captain John J. Sheridan, Babylon 5

(in reply to Ken Rutsky)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> What happened to... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI