Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Creating LBMs

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Creating LBMs Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Creating LBMs - 7/4/2000 9:35:00 AM   
Trey

I have been trying to create some new color LBMs using Paint Shop Pro ver 6.02 however the colors don't turn out right. Could someone provide the steps for creating new LBMs? Thanks

Post #: 1
- 7/4/2000 10:14:00 AM   
Voriax

quote:

Originally posted by Trey: I have been trying to create some new color LBMs using Paint Shop Pro ver 6.02 however the colors don't turn out right. Thanks
You are on a right track. You should get the colours right by loading an existing lbm, copying the colour palette from it and applying this palette to the new picture you are making. At least that was the way I got the pics look right in SP1. Voriax

Oh God give Me strength to accept those things I cannot change with a firearm!

(in reply to Trey)
Post #: 2
- 7/4/2000 7:27:00 PM   
sjuncal

quote:

Originally posted by Voriax: You are on a right track. You should get the colours right by loading an existing lbm, copying the colour palette from it and applying this palette to the new picture you are making. At least that was the way I got the pics look right in SP1. Voriax
Yep, same deal. Note there are two pallets (well actually two versions of the same pallet) the one for grey unit pics is limited, the one used for all the other color LBM's has 256 colors. The ideal way to work with these is to hand draw using the large pallet. However if you're careful and you use shades that are close to the ones contained in the 8bit LBM's you can just force the pallet onto an already created bit map. If the colors aren't similar however it can come out looking funky. This is especially true if you create/edit in 24bit Tga/BMP/PSD or other formats using colors that have no close cousin in the SPWAW pallet. Simon

(in reply to Trey)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Creating LBMs Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI