Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Problems at the Depot?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> RE: Problems at the Depot? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Problems at the Depot? - 10/29/2005 9:46:59 PM   
rich12545

quote:

If I was interested in communicating, I would have done so.

You did, in a public forum, where I am entitled to respond, no?

No. I was not communicating with you and have no desire to do so. I was simply posting my problem with logging on to the forum. Your response had nothing to do with my original post.

quote:

As a Depot staff member, someone posting on a problem is reason for me to attempt to help. Since the matter was private rather than public, I thought it would be helpful to post the appropriate email address for you. If you wish to conclude that this is 'harassment', then that is your business.

It was either a continuation of the harassment or you have difficulty with reading comprehension. I was simply commenting on my inability to log on to the depot and that's it. It was an anecdotal comment, period.

quote:

Then why the post here? If you were done, then there is no need for posting about it.

Well, I guess it's difficulty with reading comprehension after all. I specifically stated I was done posting at the depot. You weren't able to understand that?

quote:

I will say that disagreeing with you on an issue is not harassment, something you seem to miss.

I have no problem with people disagreeing with me. But what tracer was doing on the depot was clearly harassment. That's why I said I was done posting there.

quote:

Is this one over, or should I get the popcorn?

LOL. You might want to go make some popcorn. Looks like Goblin is intent on continuing this discussion here rather than sending me an email and doing it privately.

(in reply to Goblin)
Post #: 31
RE: Problems at the Depot? - 10/29/2005 10:50:57 PM   
Goblin

quote:

ORIGINAL: rich12545

quote:

If I was interested in communicating, I would have done so.

You did, in a public forum, where I am entitled to respond, no?

No. I was not communicating with you and have no desire to do so. I was simply posting my problem with logging on to the forum. Your response had nothing to do with my original post.

quote:

As a Depot staff member, someone posting on a problem is reason for me to attempt to help. Since the matter was private rather than public, I thought it would be helpful to post the appropriate email address for you. If you wish to conclude that this is 'harassment', then that is your business.

It was either a continuation of the harassment or you have difficulty with reading comprehension. I was simply commenting on my inability to log on to the depot and that's it. It was an anecdotal comment, period.

quote:

Then why the post here? If you were done, then there is no need for posting about it.

Well, I guess it's difficulty with reading comprehension after all. I specifically stated I was done posting at the depot. You weren't able to understand that?

quote:

I will say that disagreeing with you on an issue is not harassment, something you seem to miss.

I have no problem with people disagreeing with me. But what tracer was doing on the depot was clearly harassment. That's why I said I was done posting there.

quote:

Is this one over, or should I get the popcorn?

LOL. You might want to go make some popcorn. Looks like Goblin is intent on continuing this discussion here rather than sending me an email and doing it privately.

I did not start the public post, rich. I did offer help, and have received (as is typical) several insults. Anyways, you are welcome to contact any of us if you need further assistance. I tried. Good day.

Goblin

(in reply to rich12545)
Post #: 32
RE: Problems at the Depot? - 10/30/2005 12:36:04 AM   
rich12545

No, you did start the public post. I simply noted my difficulty logging on to the depot as did several other people. If you wanted to keep it private, you could have emailed me instead of starting this travesty.

Bottom line is I got banned from the depot for making conservative political posts. You guys must all be dyed in the wool liberals to ban me in order to keep conservative posts off your forum.

First, I don't care.
Second, you folks have every right to ban anyone if you don't like their posts. It's your forum.
Third, did I mention that I don't care?

YOU are the one who keeps this thing public. I've mentioned twice that if you want to continue this conversation you can email me. I don't need to email you because I don't need further assistance but I will respond to any email the same way.

So I'll say again. Read my lips. Continuing this conversation ought to be done privately. If you want to continue, you should send me an email.

(in reply to Goblin)
Post #: 33
RE: Problems at the Depot? - 10/30/2005 1:23:08 AM   
Goblin

Don't care, but start a public post about it. Makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up.

Your ban was for rudeness (can't figure that one out...), same as the first two times you were banned. I actually agree with alot of what you say, but your method of saying it was unacceptable. One individual did not decide you were rude, but between 8 and 10 did. I suppose they are all entirely incorrect, you were polite, and you did not argue with staff members over their repeated warnings. Got it, thanks again for clearing that one up too.

The other people that posted here about difficulty logging in did so with hopes of clearing up the issue, or seeking info on difficulties. Sometimes this may come from Depot staff, whos job it is to clear up such issues. Thus I (yep, a Depot staff member ) chimed in when you posted. Your post was viewed by myself as requiring an answer of some type, and I gave what assistance I could. Again, not to irritate you, although my being helpful sure seems to do that.

Reading your lips appears to be impossible at this time. My apologies for that failure.

I will continue to answerany questions or concerns you may have.

Goblin

(in reply to rich12545)
Post #: 34
RE: Problems at the Depot? - 10/30/2005 2:05:10 AM   
rich12545

quote:

Your ban was for rudeness (can't figure that one out...), same as the first two times you were banned. I actually agree with alot of what you say, but your method of saying it was unacceptable. One individual did not decide you were rude, but between 8 and 10 did. I suppose they are all entirely incorrect, you were polite, and you did not argue with staff members over their repeated warnings. Got it, thanks again for clearing that one up too.

This is totally misleading.

After my "one day cooling off period" I made one post. I was polite. I was nice. I didn't insult anyone. I simply gave my opinion. Then on the very next post tracer came on and hammered me for absolutely no reason. I tried to explain that I was being nice and polite but he continued to harass me in post after post. During that time I carried on conversations with other individuals during which I was nice and polite. You finally posted and simply blew me off. Tracer was incredibly rude and obnoxious for no reason whatsoever and you simply backed him up. But it's ok for you two to post that way since you're mods.

Your continuing effort to justify the terrible behavior of the mods at the depot, you not so much but especially tracer, is laughable. Anybody can check my posts starting with October 11 and see that none were rude, with the exception of some to tracer for his harassment. That is assuming you folks don't doctor any of the posts in the meantime. But here's a sample. Here's what I said in my first post:

quote:

Hey, somebody must have screwed up. Just for the heck of it I tried to log in and........it worked. Guess I'm not banned any more. Very Happy

You're exactly right. Most of the media is left wing biased and gives the public a very distorted view of how the war is going. I believe left wingers WANT us to lose the war which is exactly what would happen if we pulled out now and that's what they recommend.

Yes and no. What they're NOT supposed to do is offer biased editorials and pass it off as unbiased news. This is the mainstay of the mainstream (liberal) media. Most people don't tell the difference and that's why Bush's numbers are down, the media lies, calls it fair reporting, people believe them, and then gloats when it happens.

People don't complain when the bias appears on the editorial page, only when it's passed off as unbiased news. Big difference.

Hollywood has a terrible way of representing the military in fiction nowadays. It pretty much makes us look like the bad guys. Yesterday I watched a movie called "They Were Expendable." John Wayne and company in the Phillipines at the start of ww2. Not all that realistic but enjoyable to watch. And there was never a doubt who were the good guys and who were the bad. Hollywood has sure changed.

Anybody remember Dresden? The firebombing of Tokyo? Hey, war is hell and the idea is to win with as few friendly casualties as possible. Nowadays, the killing of one civilian by Israeli or American troops makes the front page. This is a result of the left wing which has gotten to be anti-Israel and anti-American and they pretty much control the media.

Not meaning to pick on you Ammo, it just seemed like you had the more interesting posts to comment on.

Where's all the rudeness? Who did I insult? Must have been pretty bad because here's the very next post and it's by tracer:

quote:

No screw-up Rich: we discussed it and chose to reduce it to a 24-hour 'cooling off' period....but you're screwing-up by jumping right back in 'at a full boil'.

A little advice: all of your comments are simply your opinions, not 'common knowledge'. There's a fine line between 'aloof' and 'belligerent'...and neither approach is acceptable behavior in a friendly environment anyway.

Tone it down; relax; and most importantly, save your breath...we both understand the 'basics' of discussing politics in America:

* nothing can be said that will change the views of the 'other side'.
* nothing can be said that will hurt the 'other side'.
* the 'other side' thrives on derisive comments...it fuels them.
* there are no 'neutrals' within earshot that might be 'converted'.
* both sides have their 'defense phrases' learned by heart, and there's nothing 'new' to be said that won't trigger one from being parroted back at you.
* and the #1 rule: the only way to lose a political argument in this country is to start one.

Think 'time management' bro: don't waste it persuing unreachable goals. Wink Animated

Then here's my response:

quote:

Quote:
but you're screwing-up by jumping right back in 'at a full boil'.

And exactly how am I doing that?
Was I not polite?
Did I make any personal attacks?
Did I insult anyone?

Quote:
all of your comments are simply your opinions, not 'common knowledge'

So I'm not allowed to express my opinion on the forum?

Quote:
There's a fine line between 'aloof' and 'belligerent'...and neither approach is acceptable behavior in a friendly environment anyway.

I don't know where you get this stuff. I wasn't being either aloof or belligerent. My writing style happens to be a bit blunt, that's all.

Quote:
Tone it down; relax; and most importantly, save your breath...we both understand the 'basics' of discussing politics in America:
nothing can be said that will change the views of the 'other side'.

nothing can be said that will hurt the 'other side'.

the 'other side' thrives on derisive comments...it fuels them.

there are no 'neutrals' within earshot that might be 'converted'.

both sides have their 'defense phrases' learned by heart, and there's nothing 'new' to be said that won't trigger one from being parroted back at you.

and the #1 rule: the only way to lose a political argument in this country is to start one.

Think 'time management' bro: don't waste it persuing unreachable goals.

This is incredibly condescending and totally offensive.

Then tracer came back with an even ruder comment. And so forth. And so forth.

What I find really ludicrous is that you banned me after I said I wouldn't post anymore at the depot. Like, what was the point?

(in reply to Goblin)
Post #: 35
RE: Problems at the Depot? - 10/30/2005 2:10:49 AM   
Goblin

I think the point on the rudeness thing is pretty much proven, no?

Goblin

(in reply to rich12545)
Post #: 36
RE: Problems at the Depot? - 10/30/2005 2:35:31 AM   
rich12545

I agree. Tracer was incredibly rude.

I challenge you to show where in that first post I was rude. I dare you to prove it. Quote me and explain how that quote was rude. And if you can't then you should apologize.

Here's another attempt by you to distort the truth.

quote:

Your ban was for rudeness (can't figure that one out...), same as the first two times you were banned.

My first ban, for one week, was for calling a fellow member an anti-Semite. Bernie wrote and felt it wasn't true and I was premature in my assessment and that was why I was being banned. It wasn't for rudeness at all and subsequent postings by that individual proved I was right all along.

The second time I made a post that was tongue-in-cheek and even included a smiley to show I wasn't serious and the statement was a joke. In spite of the obvious humor and the smiley, you folks misinterpreted it and gave me a one day ban.

So when I came back I was very careful to be nice and polite and the example above proves my point. That's what really pissed me off when tracer made his post. You should try behaving like a gentleman and admit you folks made a mistake in judgment. And then apologize.

(in reply to Goblin)
Post #: 37
RE: Problems at the Depot? - 10/30/2005 2:42:12 AM   
IBTyrone

quote:

No, you did start the public post. I simply noted my difficulty logging on to the depot as did several other people. If you wanted to keep it private, you could have emailed me instead of starting this travesty.

Rich,

I'm disappointed you took a thread (that I started) which focused on a technical issue and turned it into a platform to complain about your banning over at the Depot. Please please please continue this discussion privately and let this thread die.

Thank you.

(in reply to rich12545)
Post #: 38
RE: Problems at the Depot? - 10/30/2005 3:00:10 AM   
rich12545

IB, I suggested three times to goblin that he take this to email and he refuses. You should be directing your post to him.

Btw, I wasn't complaining about the ban since I don't care about it one way or the other (I thought I made that pretty clear), simply commenting on it in context and intended for it to go no further. Again, you can blame goblin for replying and starting this round robin.

(in reply to IBTyrone)
Post #: 39
RE: Problems at the Depot? - 10/30/2005 4:09:14 AM   
Goblin

You, of course, are entirely right, rich. Regardless of whatever I post, it is obvious that that will not change.

IB, my apologies for helping derail the thread. Back on topic guys and gals!

Goblin

(in reply to rich12545)
Post #: 40
RE: Problems at the Depot? - 10/30/2005 5:12:57 AM   
rich12545

Goblin, I'm still waiting for you to show how my first post was rude or to apologize (or for tracer to apologize). Feel free to do so by email.

(in reply to Goblin)
Post #: 41
RE: Problems at the Depot? - 10/30/2005 7:18:41 AM   
Goblin

Lol!

Goblin

(in reply to rich12545)
Post #: 42
RE: Problems at the Depot? - 10/30/2005 7:25:19 AM   
rich12545

Just as I thought. You blow smoke but you can't back it up. Well, now we all know.

(in reply to Goblin)
Post #: 43
RE: Problems at the Depot? - 10/30/2005 7:39:06 AM   
Goblin

You are right, we all know. G'nite rich.

Goblin

(in reply to rich12545)
Post #: 44
RE: Problems at the Depot? - 10/30/2005 8:53:38 AM   
rich12545

You make light of it to blow it off and make it go away. But you and I know. And so does tracer. You two screwed up and are too embarrassed to admit it.

(in reply to Goblin)
Post #: 45
RE: Problems at the Depot? - 10/30/2005 11:21:53 AM   
mattenhoff

quote:

Bottom line is I got banned from the depot for making conservative political posts. You guys must all be dyed in the wool liberals to ban me in order to keep conservative posts off your forum.

First, I don't care.
Second, you folks have every right to ban anyone if you don't like their posts. It's your forum.

YOU are the one who keeps this thing public. I've mentioned twice that if you want to continue this conversation you can email me. I don't need to email you because I don't need further assistance but I will respond to any email the same way.

So I'll say again. Read my lips. Continuing this conversation ought to be done privately. If you want to continue, you should send me an email.

Rich, You DID NOT Simply note a techincal difficulty. You brought the issue (ban at the Depot) to public here and criticized the decision to ban you. You even gave false testimony about why you were banned. And now you criticize people about answering your post...

Here is what you wrote:

"I'm having a problem too. I tried to log in to do a download and it said I am banned.

Banned again.

The first time I deserved it. The second time (for one day) I might have deserved it.

This time? So what did I do?

I was polite. I didn't insult anybody. I discussed in a friendly manner. So, what?"

I wrote my political opinions from a conservative point of view. Yep, that's it.
"

You're saying you discussed in a friendly manner and you were banned because of your political opinions. Do you really think you're the first conservative American at the Depot and ergo you were banned? Come on!

Both statements are false and you're lying. you're not misinterpreting things, you're not misunderstanding things, you're simply lying. I'm very disappointed and angry that you choose to do so and come to another forum to do the martyr talk.

I warned you before ban, Tracer warned you, you were banned in total three times for being rude and unpolite. You told people to "grow up". You told people need "personality transplant" etc. etc.

And you were banned here as well, remember? You have had your chance. You chose not to change your behaviour. You were banned for good.

At depot, you posted you're not going to post there anymore and our opinions and efforts to calm you down where "BS". So what's the problem?

I hope you stay away from the Depot and stop lying about us here.

Regards,

Matti

(in reply to rich12545)
Post #: 46
RE: Problems at the Depot? - 10/30/2005 2:24:31 PM   
Goblin

quote:

You make light of it to blow it off and make it go away. But you and I know. And so does tracer. You two screwed up and are too embarrassed to admit it.

As stated before, there was a group discussion on the decision, and it was agreed upon that you were, in fact, in violation of the rules. I know, all of us were wrong, you are right. I already thanked you for pointing this out.

Goblin

(in reply to rich12545)
Post #: 47
RE: Problems at the Depot? - 10/30/2005 3:45:11 PM   
M4Jess

this is fun..

Im making war, not trouble~

(in reply to Goblin)
Post #: 48
RE: Problems at the Depot? - 10/30/2005 5:31:16 PM   
mattenhoff

Anyone wanting to check himself what happened in the Depot, can read the thread here:

http://www.spwaw.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6869&start=0

(in reply to M4Jess)
Post #: 49
RE: Problems at the Depot? - 10/30/2005 6:19:18 PM   
Alby

Damn...I started that thread!!

(in reply to mattenhoff)
Post #: 50
RE: Problems at the Depot? - 10/30/2005 6:51:27 PM   
rich12545

quote:

ORIGINAL: mattenhoff

quote:

First, I don't care.

Rich, You DID NOT Simply note a techincal difficulty. You brought the issue (ban at the Depot) to public here and criticized the decision to ban you. You even gave false testimony about why you were banned. And now you criticize people about answering your post...

Here is what you wrote:

"I'm having a problem too. I tried to log in to do a download and it said I am banned.

Banned again.

The first time I deserved it. The second time (for one day) I might have deserved it.

This time? So what did I do?

I was polite. I didn't insult anybody. I discussed in a friendly manner. So, what?"

I wrote my political opinions from a conservative point of view. Yep, that's it.
"

You're saying you discussed in a friendly manner and you were banned because of your political opinions. Do you really think you're the first conservative American at the Depot and ergo you were banned? Come on!

Both statements are false and you're lying. you're not misinterpreting things, you're not misunderstanding things, you're simply lying. I'm very disappointed and angry that you choose to do so and come to another forum to do the martyr talk.

I warned you before ban, Tracer warned you, you were banned in total three times for being rude and unpolite. You told people to "grow up". You told people need "personality transplant" etc. etc.

And you were banned here as well, remember? You have had your chance. You chose not to change your behaviour. You were banned for good.

At depot, you posted you're not going to post there anymore and our opinions and efforts to calm you down where "BS". So what's the problem?

I hope you stay away from the Depot and stop lying about us here.

Regards,

Matti

So now, Matti, you're shilling for goblin. Tsk Tsk. What you wrote isn't even close to the truth.

Matti, I challenge you as I did goblin to point out anything rude in my first post after coming back from the one day vacation on Oct 11. You and goblin don't want to post facts, you just want to blow smoke.

I made a post in response to something ammosgt wrote. I was nice and I was polite. Then tracer came on and blasted me for no reason at all. I posted all that above but you and goblin simply ignore it.

And you lied again. I've never been banned from this forum.

Matti, try to post facts instead of lies. Post something from my first post Oct 11 in that thread that deserved a "warning" from tracer.

(in reply to mattenhoff)
Post #: 51
RE: Problems at the Depot? - 10/30/2005 6:56:17 PM   
rich12545

quote:

ORIGINAL: mattenhoff

Anyone wanting to check himself what happened in the Depot, can read the thread here:

http://www.spwaw.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6869&start=0

I agree. Go and read that thread. Try and find a rude comment of mine before being blasted by tracer. That's why goblin has been ignoring the "challenge." There aren't any. I was nice and I was polite. Then tracer came on and told me I was screwing up. He told me I came back at "full boil." He said I was "aloof" and "belligerant." Then when I asked him to clarify, he just blew me off. NOBODY has ever explained what I said to deserve this "warning." The mods at the depot continue to ignore that. I was nice and I was polite. And in return I got harassed by tracer.

Then you might like to continue to read up until my last post. You'll find that all my discussions with members were nice and polite. Tracer continued to harass me and then goblin joined in. I tried to get tracer to clarify what I said that was so rude that it needed a warning but he never answered. Well, I don't need to post anywhere if I'm going to be hassled by the the mods so I, in effect, banned the depot.

< Message edited by rich12545 -- 10/30/2005 7:25:49 PM >

(in reply to mattenhoff)
Post #: 52
RE: Problems at the Depot? - 10/30/2005 7:01:18 PM   
rich12545

quote:

ORIGINAL: Goblin

quote:

As stated before, there was a group discussion on the decision, and it was agreed upon that you were, in fact, in violation of the rules. I know, all of us were wrong, you are right. I already thanked you for pointing this out.

Goblin

And you're still blowing smoke.

I challenge you again. Show us something in my first Oct 11 post that was rude and deserved a warning from tracer. Failing to do that you should apologize.

And skip your flippant attitude. Try to act like a human being.

(in reply to Goblin)
Post #: 53
RE: Problems at the Depot? - 10/30/2005 9:12:42 PM   
Goblin

Rich, it was your actions leading up to the one day ban that warranted a warning from Tracer. You were repeatedly rude and insultive towards people, got banned for it, and then were permitted back in. Tracer warned you, politely, to keep it cool in the first thread you posted in after your return. You took his warning (one of his duties) as a free ticket to go off. But again, the majority appears to be wrong, and rich is right. We've got it, thanks. My attitude is friendly, not flippant. If you could demonstrate, with proof, where I am attempting to be flippant, it would be appreciated. Thanks again.

Goblin

(in reply to rich12545)
Post #: 54
RE: Problems at the Depot? - 10/30/2005 9:27:06 PM   
rich12545

This is absolutely not true.

I made a post and tracer specifically referred to that post, not previous ones. Here's what he said:

quote:

we discussed it and chose to reduce it to a 24-hour 'cooling off' period....but you're screwing-up by jumping right back in 'at a full boil'.

Jumping right back in at a full boil? I made a very nice and polite post. And I defy you to show otherwise.

Here are a couple of examples of your flippant attitude:

quote:

Lol!

You are right, we all know. G'nite rich.

I know, all of us were wrong, you are right. I already thanked you for pointing this out.

Now that I proved my point you need to prove yours or apologize.

(in reply to Goblin)
Post #: 55
RE: Problems at the Depot? - 10/30/2005 10:20:33 PM   
Alby

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Alby -- 10/30/2005 10:22:53 PM >

(in reply to rich12545)
Post #: 56
RE: Problems at the Depot? - 10/30/2005 10:20:55 PM   
Goblin

Friendly, not flippant. I even stated that you were correct. Saying what you think someone means is not proof, rich. You pointed that out when your smiley insult was taken 'the wrong way'.

Goblin

< Message edited by Goblin -- 10/30/2005 10:21:01 PM >

(in reply to rich12545)
Post #: 57
RE: Problems at the Depot? - 10/30/2005 10:27:45 PM   
Alby

Topic Locked

< Message edited by Alby -- 10/30/2005 10:30:49 PM >

(in reply to Goblin)
Post #: 58
RE: Problems at the Depot? - 10/30/2005 10:29:03 PM   
mattenhoff

Yes, you were not banned, a thread was locked because of you. So I remembered wrong. It doesn't change the script of this play anyway, however. You're the bad guy.

Yes, I'm backing up Goblin and all the Admins 100%. I also respect them and value their opinions. It's actually called friendship - you're familiar with this phenomenon, or...?

"Shilling for Goblin"? Another insult - or a pathetic attempt to make a crack into our group? Lol!

Until you began your series of insults, terse comments and rants, I thought you're a buddy. I enjoyed our discussions. Sad. I really had to change my mind about you. You gave no other choice.

Flippant attitude? Act like a human being?

tsk tsk...

(in reply to rich12545)
Post #: 59
RE: Problems at the Depot? - 10/30/2005 10:31:50 PM   
Alby

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alby

Topic Locked

Damn didnt work....

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> RE: Problems at the Depot? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI