Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Patches and mods

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> Patches and mods Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Patches and mods - 11/6/2005 8:12:53 PM   
Greywolf

Hello,

Where can I get the different patches and mods ?

Also, when will matrix put them in their download section ?

Lt. Col. Ivan 'Greywolf' Kerensky
Post #: 1
RE: Patches and mods - 11/6/2005 8:26:01 PM   
wernerpruckner

If you send me your adress I´ll send you 1.06x5 exe patch,
for the newest OB/OA get in contact with harley, ( and use Harley´s BTR editor homepage )

Werner

(in reply to Greywolf)
Post #: 2
RE: Patches and mods - 11/6/2005 9:17:08 PM   
Hard Sarge

I have asked Matrix, if they can host the patches for the games, I am waiting on there reply

latest patches are 1.02 for BoB and 1.06x5 for BTR

(in reply to wernerpruckner)
Post #: 3
RE: Patches and mods - 11/18/2005 4:38:31 AM   
Germ29

Does anyone know or have they had problems running BTR on windows xp? I have it patched through 1.05 and about 30 days into a long campaign, it crashes. Ive tried it a few times with the same results. Would lower patches work?

Thanks

(in reply to Greywolf)
Post #: 4
RE: Patches and mods - 11/18/2005 12:11:56 PM   
JamesM

quote:

ORIGINAL: Germ29

Does anyone know or have they had problems running BTR on windows xp? I have it patched through 1.05 and about 30 days into a long campaign, it crashes. Ive tried it a few times with the same results. Would lower patches work?

Thanks

I have had no issues with any version of the exe.

(in reply to Germ29)
Post #: 5
RE: Patches and mods - 11/18/2005 2:28:08 PM   
Hard Sarge

when is it crashing

is it during a turn after it has started ?

if so, you may have made a mistake in your plotting (if you were allies) you may of plotted a sweep and then "followed" it with a bomb raid, there is no real target for the raid to go to, so it will crash

when does the save start, during the day after the missions have started running or at the start of the day with the missions already plotted ?

give us some more details on what is going on
and maybe we can help you though it

do you have a save from before this turn, where the game still works ??

over all, BTR has been pretty good on XP, BoB is shaky and should be ran in compatably mode

(in reply to JamesM)
Post #: 6
RE: Patches and mods - 11/19/2005 12:07:11 AM   
JamesM

One way around your problem could be to dual boot your computer. Currently I have 98 and XP and I have no problems using my old programs. However, be careful with trying to do too much manipulation in 98 because it is more difficult to repair then it would be if the machine was stand alone.

Some issues with setting up a dual boot machine:
• When formatting the hard drive(s) initially use xp setup instead of the 98 system be case it has trouble with drives over 4Gig.
• after xp finish formatting the drive present computers reset button to stop it going straight on installing xp.
• when installing xp after say 98 be sure that you make sure that you choose a hard drive (i.e. if 98 is installed on c:\ choose d:\), but it has to be done on the same physical hard drive. I have 2 hard drives in my machine, the first one is partioned in 3 drives while my second has 2 drives. I have installed my operating systems on my first hard drive.

Hope this helps.

Jim

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 7
RE: Patches and mods - 11/20/2005 7:13:34 AM   
Germ29

Thanks for the help all. I did not save the game when it happened. sorry. It was a few months ago and before this support was available. Then I cleaned it off my drive before comming back to the states. I have started a new campaign and will report it if it happens. I did notice it says to run it in 16bit color mode and im sure i was running it in 32 when I was in germany. I just remember launching alot of raids including night raids about 30-40 days in and durring execution it would ctd. I will follow all the advice given and hope It doesnt happen again. :)

My system is P4 1gig ram ati radeon 9600 256k card.
Thanks again
Looking forward to your improvments Hard Sarge.

(in reply to Greywolf)
Post #: 8
RE: Patches and mods - 11/20/2005 2:06:11 PM   
Hard Sarge

Thank you, we will try our best

one to watch for, that will cause a crash, is if you follow a Sweep with a bomb raid (if you target a AF with a Sweep, it is easy to forget it was a sweep and then plot a bomb raid to the target and just click on follow last raid. it still goes to same spot, but the Sweep is a x,y loc, while a raid is a Target)

if that is not the hassle, try and watch to see what happens if it does crash again, and we will look into it, as I said, pretty much, the game has been very stable for most of us

hmmmmm

another one, depending on the patch level (which I think JC was able to fix it with a OOB change, so patches would not have it) if you plot 200 raids/missions, the game will crash (ahhhh, if I remember right though, thought it crashed as you were plotting, so may not be your hassle))

dang

well, let us know, we be here

also, if you have questions on play or anything, you may be able to ask here or go to the other site

http://p081.ezboard.com/bbtrbombingthereich

I forget, I think JC has it so you need to Reg, but thought that was only to post, you may still be able to read the post already written, lots of good info there

(in reply to Germ29)
Post #: 9
RE: Patches and mods - 11/21/2005 12:55:34 AM   
jcjordan

Harley on the 200 /missions, it does crash when you try to plot that last raid, has happened to me many time not paying attention & trying to get all those recon/NI raids done so I save game when I think I'm getting near the 190 mark, but as you said it doesn't look to be his problem.

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 10
RE: Patches and mods - 11/21/2005 1:28:52 AM   
Hard Sarge

Why you calling me Harley

what OOB you using ? thought JC was able to fix that crash ?

yea, what I was thinking, that crashed the game during the plotting phase

(in reply to jcjordan)
Post #: 11
RE: Patches and mods - 11/22/2005 3:03:55 PM   
Postal2014

Would someone please send me the latest exe 1.06x5 please. Been away from the game and getting back in to it.

Thanks

email JLeyes@woh.rr.com

< Message edited by redoct -- 11/22/2005 5:44:32 PM >

(in reply to Greywolf)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> Patches and mods Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI