Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Best Campaign Battles Order?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Ancients] >> Tin Soldiers: Julius Caesar >> Best Campaign Battles Order? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Best Campaign Battles Order? - 11/8/2005 11:24:55 PM   
Guibert

Howdy all!

I just got this game through the d/l method and wow am I a happy camper, I wish all companies did this. No shipping costs, etc. Works good too! Environmentally friendly yep. OK, I know, enough fanboy crap.

Anyhow, my question:

I'm new to the tin soldiers series but years ago I was an avid supporter/mplayer of the Greatest Battles Series-Waterloo and Austerlitz-hmm, those were the days. Any old angv wnlb grognards out there?
Anyhew, I'm finding "normal" difficulty rather challenging (I am just too proud and experienced with strat games too play "easy") w/jcts and am having problems with developing my army. I am finding that my legions are being slowly bled dry through the battles in spite of my seemingly solid gameplay-ie., flanking, envelopment, etc. While the morale of the gauls is definitly too high on "normal" I am more concerned with trying to keep my army intact prior to the civil war when I'll really need my experienced units.

I know that some exp. ts players have ranted about the difficulty being oo easy but I'm findin it too tuff. SOOOOOOOOOOO, in which order should I tackle the campaign in Gaul? Or, more specificallly what is the difficulty rating of each of the battles, from easiest to harest.

Thanks,
BTW Matrix keeep up the great work-I love your games! (I'll be dling more with the next month as I have to stay within my d/l limit with my dsl acount!)

The following is a ss after alot of resaves/and careful play on normal.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Best Campaign Battles Order? - 11/14/2005 7:35:04 PM   
siRkid

Hi, well kind of looks like this fourm is a little slow. Not because the game isn't fun but probly because it is not very complicated. Its been awhile since I've played but I don't think the order is all that important. Except, mabye save the ones with forts for last. Well I know this didn't help much but I felt you deserved some type of reply. Have fun.

Rick

Former War in the Pacific Test Team Manager and Beta Tester for War in the East.

(in reply to Guibert)
Post #: 2
RE: Best Campaign Battles Order? - 11/14/2005 11:00:27 PM   
mbelew

I would start with Helvetti. Take some cavalry around the rear of the first wave and take out those archers. After the first wave is over, keep a few guys back to defend, and send a lot of troops at the 2nd objective's flank.

I would put Nervii as the most intense in the first half of the campaign. The key on this one is to defend those objectives at all cost.

*Use ground height to your advantage

*Legion's pilums are best for up close fighting. Use them as early as possible: Pilums don't cause a pushback and the more guys in your unit, the more hits you will have.

*Instead of re-enlisting, try auto healing units by keeping them out for a round. Re-enlisting knocks down your training. You can keep your Elite commanders this way.

Cheers!
Marshall

(in reply to Guibert)
Post #: 3
RE: Best Campaign Battles Order? - 11/20/2005 11:14:49 PM   
Adam Parker

And don't worry if you lose that one.

Caesar did too.

(in reply to mbelew)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Ancients] >> Tin Soldiers: Julius Caesar >> Best Campaign Battles Order? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI