Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Supply Trucks

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Supply Trucks Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Supply Trucks - 11/19/2005 6:15:41 AM   
Suvoroff

Excuse my ignorance, but after reading the manual several times, I still can't figure out what those little supply truck units are for, much less how to use them. Can anyone help?

Yours,
James D. Gray
Post #: 1
RE: Supply Trucks - 11/19/2005 6:47:55 AM   
JSS

quote:

ORIGINAL: Suvoroff

Excuse my ignorance, but after reading the manual several times, I still can't figure out what those little supply truck units are for, much less how to use them. Can anyone help?

Yours,
James D. Gray

The supply trucks are your most important units on the board. They provide supply to the combat units within their capability limits. Ground conditions, terrain type, and enemy interdiction/ZOC limit the distance each truck can send out supply.

Keep them on or near a road... make sure they are close (but not too close!) to the frontline units they support.

(in reply to Suvoroff)
Post #: 2
RE: Supply Trucks - 11/24/2005 5:24:45 AM   
Suvoroff

Thanks a lot.

To see if I understand this correctly, supply does not move directly from the roads to the units, but is carried via the truck units?

Yours,
James D. Gray

(in reply to JSS)
Post #: 3
RE: Supply Trucks - 11/26/2005 5:35:10 PM   
JSS

quote:

ORIGINAL: Suvoroff

Thanks a lot.

To see if I understand this correctly, supply does not move directly from the roads to the units, but is carried via the truck units?

Yours,
James D. Gray

Actually it's both... the game's supply sources (map edge supply) will supply both units and trucks... the kicker here is that map edge supply doesn't get very far off road (think big rig trucks)... the supply truck units represent the ability of units to supply their frontline troops (and the supply they provide usually does go pretty far off road).

(in reply to Suvoroff)
Post #: 4
RE: Supply Trucks - 12/1/2005 5:05:50 AM   
Suvoroff

Thanks a lot for the replies; they help a lot.

Yours,
James D. Gray

(in reply to JSS)
Post #: 5
RE: Supply Trucks - 12/1/2005 7:22:12 AM   
bigmed1204

Hey ther Suvoroff. I had much the same problem when i started. The supply trucks when you select them have a resupply radius. Preferable to keep them along roads in order to keep supply lines open. You get them in the middle of the terrain and you'll see their range drop dramatically. Make sure to strategically place them so that they supply all the units along the font line (again make sure to look at the little arrowed outline that forms when selected). Those units afte fighting will run out of bullets but as long as they are resupplied they replenish every turn. Good stuff. Also in order to really screw your enemy try and lay down aerial bombardments along their supply lines. good idea to use ground interdiction to cut off key units close to front from supply line as well. well crapola that got a little onger winded than i wanted. it's all this beer.

(in reply to Suvoroff)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Supply Trucks Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI