Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Army Stranded in Cyrnaica?!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Army Stranded in Cyrnaica?! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Army Stranded in Cyrnaica?! - 11/20/2005 4:27:41 AM   
thufir

I really hope someone can tell me that there is a cure for this situation, cause it's really irritating! I had an army joining in a siege on a Cyrenaica, which had been an English protectorate. The siege was completed last turn, and the province was turned over to Spain, which on the same turn canceled my alliance with them. As such, I cannot now land my ships in Cyrenaica, and as far as I can tell, it is impossible to get my army back loaded up on my fleet.

Can anyone tell me if there is some means to get an army on board a fleet, without going into a port?

If not, this really requires a rule change (and corresponding code), 'cause it's rather an unbelievable screw to lose an entire army this way!!!
Post #: 1
RE: Army Stranded in Cyrnaica?! - 11/20/2005 6:18:29 PM   
Naomi

Can violating Spain's territories help solve this conundrum?

(in reply to thufir)
Post #: 2
RE: Army Stranded in Cyrnaica?! - 11/21/2005 4:58:51 PM   
carnifex

Violating territory will not allow you to move the fleet into port, which means your army can't embark. Your only options are declare war on an adjacent territory, conquer it and sail out of there, or declare war on Spain, take the territory and sail off.

I don't classify this as an actual "bug" per se, but it is something that needs to be changed.

(in reply to Naomi)
Post #: 3
RE: Army Stranded in Cyrnaica?! - 11/21/2005 10:44:06 PM   
TexHorns

I had a similar situation resolved when Spain gave me an ultimatum to leave or face war. I chose leave option and my army auto-moved to the nearest home province. I was in the Spanish province a couple of turns before the ultimatum came up.

(in reply to thufir)
Post #: 4
RE: Army Stranded in Cyrnaica?! - 11/22/2005 4:01:25 AM   
thufir

quote:

ORIGINAL: carnifex

Violating territory will not allow you to move the fleet into port, which means your army can't embark. Your only options are declare war on an adjacent territory, conquer it and sail out of there, or declare war on Spain, take the territory and sail off.

I don't classify this as an actual "bug" per se, but it is something that needs to be changed.

Exactly. There are ways around this situation, I ended up by violating Spain's neutrality, going to Tunisia, and taking that province so I could embark once again.

This is not a game killer, but it's a rather annoying (and silly) limitation to have your army stranded when you've got your fleet sitting right there, twiddling their thumbs. It might be reasonable to penalize embarkation without boarding in a port (say, for example imposing a movement penalty), but it should be possible to do.

(in reply to carnifex)
Post #: 5
RE: Army Stranded in Cyrnaica?! - 11/23/2005 10:13:50 PM   
Naomi

Looking forward to a new option of violating neutral ports.

(in reply to thufir)
Post #: 6
RE: Army Stranded in Cyrnaica?! - 11/24/2005 9:33:14 PM   
ptan54

Absolutely agree. The British never asked for anyone's permission to land troops or board them whenever they wanted to.

(in reply to Naomi)
Post #: 7
RE: Army Stranded in Cyrnaica?! - 11/26/2005 2:06:34 AM   
thufir

quote:

ORIGINAL: Naomi

Looking forward to a new option of violating neutral ports.

The feature that I think is most needed here is for an army to be able to board from a land province to a fleet sitting in an adjacent sea zone.

(in reply to Naomi)
Post #: 8
RE: Army Stranded in Cyrnaica?! - 11/26/2005 12:39:14 PM   
ptan54

That's how Europa Universalis does it - just have ships in the adjacent sea province. I must confess that's a far easier and more intuitive method of loading troops into vessels.

(in reply to thufir)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Army Stranded in Cyrnaica?! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI