Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Disappearing Corps/Armies?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Crown Of Glory Support >> Disappearing Corps/Armies? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Disappearing Corps/Armies? - 11/22/2005 4:30:45 AM   
thufir

On two consecutive turns now, I've seen container units disappear. Both dissapeared in Styria, which I (as France) had occupied. This is not the same bug that is mentioned in the "Where is my army" thread, as I do not see any reference to the missing army/corps in the military screen. There is also no way to make them show up through inspecting the province or chosing various display options (e.g. turning on/off compact stack). It is conceivable that this is the same bug mentioned in the above thread that talks about armies disappearing due to ultimatums, although in my case I never received an ultimatum. I haven't counted carefully, but it seems that none of the divisions that were in the container units were lost.

I am using 1.2.14, and I have save games from just prior to, and just after the turns on which the army and then the corps disappeared. It's my guess that this is 100% repeatable from the save files, although I haven't tested this. If anyone else has seen this, and knows or can suggest a workaround, I'd appreciate that.
Post #: 1
RE: Disappearing Corps/Armies? - 11/22/2005 6:00:35 AM   
Azog

thufir, stupid question, but were the divisions already inside the army/corps some turns before or did you put it inside just the turn before the problem? Are you sure the divisions were INSIDE the army/corps, and not just in the same province?

(in reply to thufir)
Post #: 2
RE: Disappearing Corps/Armies? - 11/22/2005 10:02:22 AM   
thufir

quote:

ORIGINAL: Azog

thufir, stupid question, but were the divisions already inside the army/corps some turns before or did you put it inside just the turn before the problem? Are you sure the divisions were INSIDE the army/corps, and not just in the same province?

Well, it's a bit complicated, but basically both. I was using Styria as the location to form up a new army. The corps already had around 7 divisions in it, and was already located there. On the turn that started the problems, I moved the empty army into Styria, attached the corps into the army, and maybe attached a couple of the independent divisions. The empty army was 2-3 provinces away, so it certainly was not guaranteed that the army would make it into Styria, but I figured that if the army failed to arrive, the attachment orders would also fail (and I certainly didn't anticipate the army disappearing!).

After I processed that turn, the corps was still sitting in Styria, all the independent divisions seemed to have made it into Styria (although I haven't counted), but the army seems to have been deleted entirely. After processing the next turn, the corps was deleted, although it seems to have left its divisions in the province, along with the independent divisions that were never attached.

(in reply to Azog)
Post #: 3
RE: Disappearing Corps/Armies? - 11/22/2005 10:10:17 AM   
Azog

IMHO, maybe some crazy cossak, some drunken division of worthless guerrillas where somewhere in between. An empty container that just passes by an enemy dissapear. Is destroyed. Check it, I had the same problem and was terrible annoyed. Now I never move an army if it hasnt some divisions from the turn before. Go with your divisions to your army and dont move it. Next turn, move your army.
For the problem with your corps, donno

(in reply to thufir)
Post #: 4
RE: Disappearing Corps/Armies? - 11/22/2005 5:29:26 PM   
thufir

quote:

ORIGINAL: Azog
An empty container that just passes by an enemy dissapear. Is destroyed. Check it, I had the same problem and was terrible annoyed. Now I never move an army if it hasnt some divisions from the turn before.

Thanks, I was kind of wondering about that possibility and that does makes some sense (although, I think it's rather a silly rule, from a game mechanics point of view).

That would make the disappearance of the Corps a separate problem, and likely still a bug.

(in reply to Azog)
Post #: 5
RE: Disappearing Corps/Armies? - 11/28/2005 3:52:58 PM   
ericbabe

The destruction of empty corps/armies in enemy territory (and of empty fleets at sea) is a very confusing rule, or more properly, leads to confusion during game play, and is one we're strongly considering eliminating.

(in reply to thufir)
Post #: 6
RE: Disappearing Corps/Armies? - 12/1/2005 12:21:04 AM   
Kevan

I've experienced something that I think may be related. In a recent game, playing as Austria, Turkey surrendered to me and two provinces were ceded as part of the terms of surrender. In Bosnia, I ended up with three divisions of infantry under the Bosnian flag that haven't moved for at least 10 turns. I'm not sure where they came from, whether they were troops in one of the Turkish armies, or maybe POW troops. I don't think they were rebel troops, as they're not geurillas.

The same thing happened in one of my home province (Barat or Basat or something like that) where the province revolted and I had to declare war and re-take it. Ever since I conquered it again, there has been an infantry unit sitting there under the provincial flag.

Or is this something that just happens (intentional, not a bug)? If so, why?

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Crown Of Glory Support >> Disappearing Corps/Armies? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI