Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Bombardment etc.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Tech Support >> Bombardment etc. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Bombardment etc. - 11/24/2005 2:39:56 PM   
Popeye USN

Hey guys:
Couple of questions:
1. I set BBTF to bombardment, set destination, & "do not retire." But it does? Glitch in the game?

2. Playing a game as the IJN. When I get a turn I get the auto combat replay, but afterwards there's no combat replay icon at the top? We've tried having him send all three attachments, and I've deleted everything before I open his attachments...no joy?

3. Scenario....DDTF with radar ship set to react. Send them out on recon. Weather is clear. They pass close to enemy TF, but do not attack? Need a better TF CO? What if I had a CA with a float plane on search? Make a difference?

4. What's the real difference between a CVTF set on "react", & one's that "do not?" On react am thinking they will change course to attack, but in do not react they won't. Circle one: True or False

Hope you have/had a nice Thanksgiving.
Post #: 1
RE: Bombardment etc. - 11/24/2005 6:05:04 PM   
Juliuspluvius

The option react or not react from enemy TF are not only in your orders to the command of the TF, so the agresive´s commander. For example Yamaguchy or Mitscher ever react to enemy regarless your orders and Nagumo doesn´t react if is your order. You must use a leader in order as you wish. If you defend and don´t want react use a cautius Leader and if you attack use a agressive Leader. Sorry my english is not good, but i will learn

Every time that I close the cabin of my plane I feel that I close the lid of my coffin

German pilot in 1944

(in reply to Popeye USN)
Post #: 2
RE: Bombardment etc. - 11/25/2005 4:49:55 AM   
Denniss

A Bombardement TF always retires because it uses its ammo to bombard land units/bases. There's not much left for surface engagements. So it has to retire to refresh their ammo.

(in reply to Juliuspluvius)
Post #: 3
RE: Bombardment etc. - 11/25/2005 9:55:29 AM   
Zulu

You can actually have your bombardment TF stay in the target hex but you have to use a work around: you have to set it to follow another TF that is set to "do not retire".

For example, you may want your bombardment TF to provide cover for an invasion force (i) bombing the target hex, and (ii) staying in that hex after the bombardment. You set the invasion force to "do not retire" and you set the bombardment force to "follow" the invasion force. The bombardment force will bombard the target and then automatically switch its mission to "surface combat" but it will stay in the same hex with the invasion force. This tip is not mine: I picked it up somewhere in this forum.

If you do not need an invasion force, you can try to set up a small (1-2 ships) "surface combat" task force that is set to "do not retire" and is set to go to your bombardment target hex (you may want to use some DD's for this). Then you set up another TF (the one with the big guns) and you set it to "bombardment" and to follow the first TF. The end result should be that the second TF bombs the target, switches automatically to surface combat and stays in the bombardment hex together with the first TF. The next turn you can still switch the mission of the second TF to bombardment and you will have another bombardment without retiring (if you have enough ammo), and so on. It should work.... I think ...

Cheers, Zulu

< Message edited by Zulu -- 11/25/2005 3:06:20 PM >

(in reply to Denniss)
Post #: 4
RE: Bombardment etc. - 11/25/2005 12:43:45 PM   
Popeye USN

Thanks...placing the BBTF to follow is a good idea.

(in reply to Popeye USN)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Tech Support >> Bombardment etc. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI