Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Post Surrender question.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Post Surrender question. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Post Surrender question. - 11/25/2005 11:54:55 PM   
vonZipper

I just had Austria surrender to me as France in which they ceded Tyrolia and renounced their claim on Veneto. Everything was great, but they still have their armies and depots in my country, and continue to move through my provinces.

Is this a bug or by design, and if by design is there a way of stopping or avoiding this? I don't think it should be possible for either country to do this without a specific treaty clause.

Erik
Post #: 1
RE: Post Surrender question. - 11/26/2005 3:57:03 AM   
Grand_Armee

I don't think they should either... But, since you can't declare war on them for 18 months, they might as well pursue their own national aims knowing that it's cheesing you off

(in reply to vonZipper)
Post #: 2
RE: Post Surrender question. - 11/26/2005 4:56:51 AM   
jimwinsor

IMO the regular ultimatum screen should pop up for you when defeated countries do that to you; if you actually want to let them in fine, but if not you should be able to ultimatum them in which case due to the enforced peace they would have no choice but to back down and not enter.

(in reply to Grand_Armee)
Post #: 3
RE: Post Surrender question. - 11/26/2005 10:22:49 AM   
Ralegh

I reckon violating another nations territory should cost you NML - that would give you an incentive to be more judicious about doing it.

Eric?

HTH
Steve/Ralegh

(in reply to jimwinsor)
Post #: 4
RE: Post Surrender question. - 11/26/2005 12:36:27 PM   
ptan54

I don't think violating other people's territory should cost morale. Only defeat lowers morale - the French didn't lose morale when they marched into Germany at the drop of a hat.

Better for the ultimatum screen to pop up immediately when troops without your permission enter your country - regardless of whether they are or are not defeated. Then, you can take advantage and redeclare war on a defeated enemy with low NML, and win swiftly. Of course, the AI must be tweaked so that it behaves rationally and withdraws troops after defeat.

(in reply to Ralegh)
Post #: 5
RE: Post Surrender question. - 11/28/2005 5:04:59 PM   
Russian Guard

Have also seen this regularly - Armies of Nations i just defeated, waltzing around in my territory, and I can do nothing to stop them.

It hasn't really "cost' me anything but is annoying, particularly when they use my territory to pursue attacks against an Ally of mine ;-)

(in reply to ptan54)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Post Surrender question. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI