Other games ? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Campaigns on the Danube 1805 - 1809

ladc -> Other games ? (12/15/2005 11:12:28 AM)

Hi,

The Danube Campaign engine seems really wonderfull.

Do you plan to create new games based on the same design, related (for example) to the Polish campaign (1807), or Russian campaign (but we can also imagine games on the 1814 French campaign, Italian campaigns or even Spanish campaign…) ?

It seems to me that it would be a “cheap” way (only OOB – with little debugging and clean-up- work to do) to get new games that will attract all the players who loved this one…

FrankHunter -> RE: Other games ? (4/30/2006 8:47:56 PM)

Now that other projects are winding up, yes I will finish this series. 1806/1813 is almost done and 1807/1812 is getting close too. In fact it was supposed to be done first but I have to redo the map and stretch the scale. Other campaigns including Spain are also planned.

Unfortunately there's more to do than just the OOB and maps. The AI couldn't possibly play different sides of different campaigns. Each side for each campaign has a different style and therefore has to have its own AI. I do get to borrow lots of code from the previous AI, especially for administrative functions but roughly half or so of it has to be rewritten. The new AI I wrote for 1813 is much better in the sense of being able to use more of it for other campaigns. I tried to make as much of it as I could data-driven.

ladc -> RE: Other games ? (5/12/2006 10:22:39 AM)

Great !

This is wonderfull news ! Please keep us informed...

1NWCG -> RE: Other games ? (5/12/2006 3:53:14 PM)

A small question. Will the errors with Norton be fixed in the new games??

FrankHunter -> RE: Other games ? (5/12/2006 10:46:34 PM)

I don't have Norton and therefore was unaware of any issues with it. What are they?

1NWCG -> RE: Other games ? (5/17/2006 5:45:53 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: FrankHunter

I don't have Norton and therefore was unaware of any issues with it. What are they?

I think it is explained here:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=677211

The jist of it is you have to disable Norton first prior to instllation.

Feralkoala -> RE: Other games ? (5/17/2006 6:19:53 PM)

I doubt that would be "fixed" as many installation programs caution to turn off any Anti-Viral programs such as Norton before installing. In other words, it isn't a situation confined to CotD.

1NWCG -> RE: Other games ? (5/17/2006 7:01:47 PM)

Figured that, but its the first time I've ever encountered it. [:)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI