Asutrian 1805 Strategy (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Campaigns on the Danube 1805 - 1809

ladc -> Asutrian 1805 Strategy (12/15/2005 2:01:04 PM)

Playing the 1805 historical scenario (Mack in Bavaria) with the austrian side and the computer as opponent, I cannot find ant winnning strategy.

Has anyone successfully defeated the AI ?

Caranorn -> RE: Asutrian 1805 Strategy (12/16/2005 3:18:33 PM)

It's been a while since I last played this game. But I seem to recall winning against the ai a few times by withdrawing most (all but 1 unit iirc) of the Austrian army from Ulm right away. Though at least on some occasions part of my force tended to march on the wrong side of the Danube, so you have to be careful with your orders. If you manage to get most of the army out of Ulm safely you should continue to fall back and try to link up with the Russians. You might even be able to ambush an unsupported french corps or two while you retreat. I believe any outright battle between the major Austrian force and Napoleon's with 3 or more corps will end up in an Austrian defeat.

I wish I recalled more of my campaigns, but I'm pretty sure I won as Austria in the 1805 scenario on at least two occasions.

ladc -> RE: Asutrian 1805 Strategy (12/16/2005 4:39:33 PM)

Thank you, let's try !

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI