?? How to install <Across Dnepr> add-on to <Korsun Pocket> ?? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Korsun Pocket Support

martymarty -> ?? How to install <Across Dnepr> add-on to <Korsun Pocket> ?? (12/19/2005 6:38:28 PM)

I have just purchased and installed < Korsun Pocket > , which runs OK.
Now I would like to install <Across the Dnepr> add-on to Korsun Pocket.

When I try to install <Across the Dnepr> the computer displays:
[________________________________________________]

< Korsun Pocket > is located in the sub-folder:
My Documents/2 DOC NEW/21 games/Korsun Pocket/Martix Games/Korsun Pocket

How should I install < Korsun Pocket > so that the [ Wrong Version ... ] will not appear and <Across the Dnepr> can be properly installed ?

Thank you for the help

martymarty

Marc von Martial -> RE: ?? How to install <Across Dnepr> add-on to <Korsun Pocket> ?? (12/19/2005 7:25:25 PM)

Hi,

you must download the patches from our website to bring KP to the latest version.

roth -> RE: ?? How to install <Across Dnepr> add-on to <Korsun Pocket> ?? (12/31/2005 5:40:33 AM)

I'm running XP Home Edition.

I, too, installed KP and updated it to version 1.12. Now when I try to install AtD, I get the message telling me that I can only install AtD over KP version 1.10. Do I have to uninstall KP, update it only to version 1.10, and then install AtD? If so, can I then continue to update both to 1.12 and still have them work properly?

Is there any fix to allow me to install AtD directly over the latest version of KP without having to go through another reinstall? (I already had to uninstall/reinstall once for another problem.)

Thanks for any help.

JSS -> RE: ?? How to install <Across Dnepr> add-on to <Korsun Pocket> ?? (12/31/2005 10:16:53 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: roth

I'm running XP Home Edition.

I, too, installed KP and updated it to version 1.12. Now when I try to install AtD, I get the message telling me that I can only install AtD over KP version 1.10. Do I have to uninstall KP, update it only to version 1.10, and then install AtD? If so, can I then continue to update both to 1.12 and still have them work properly?

Is there any fix to allow me to install AtD directly over the latest version of KP without having to go through another reinstall? (I already had to uninstall/reinstall once for another problem.)

Thanks for any help.

Try this for a quick fix: Apply v1.10 patch to KP as it is now. Then install ATD... then apply rest of patches.

roth -> RE: ?? How to install <Across Dnepr> add-on to <Korsun Pocket> ?? (12/31/2005 10:24:34 PM)

OK -- an update.

I uninstalled KP and reinstalled it into the default directory. I don't know if this counts as a "clean install", because the intro sequence no longer runs (which is fine). I haven't done anything in the registry.

Just to check, I tried to install AtD, only to get the expected message that I can install it only after I first apply the KP version 1.10 patch.

I installed the KP version 1.10 update from the Matrix website. KP appears to run properly.

But when I try to install AtD, I still get the window telling me that the installation will only work with the 1.10 patch.

I have now gotten the same "need version 1.10 patch" regardless of whether I have tried to install AtD to KP version 1.00, 1.10, 1.11 or 1.12.

I also followed JSS's advice, above, and tried installing v 1.10 over later patches -- nothing doing with that approach either.

Any suggestions?

roth -> RE: ?? How to install <Across Dnepr> add-on to <Korsun Pocket> ?? (1/1/2006 9:08:59 PM)

I've taken a far simpler approach. I've uninstalled KP and don't plan to re-install it. I may give it another try someday if someone discovers a reliable way to install AtD.

Is this problem one of the blessings of copy protection, or is there another explanation?

Thanks

JSS -> RE: ?? How to install <Across Dnepr> add-on to <Korsun Pocket> ?? (1/1/2006 10:05:56 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: roth

I've taken a far simpler approach. I've uninstalled KP and don't plan to re-install it. I may give it another try someday if someone discovers a reliable way to install AtD.

Is this problem one of the blessings of copy protection, or is there another explanation?

Thanks

Don't recall anyone having a problem like this. A small percentage of computers couldn't use the disc in the CD player copy write protection of KP... recommend you email or PM alexS.

JSS -> RE: ?? How to install <Across Dnepr> add-on to <Korsun Pocket> ?? (1/2/2006 2:46:16 AM)

I notice above the non-standard install directory location above. Where are you aiming the install to (i.e. what path)?

I also use something besides C:\Matrix Games\Korsun Pocket\ for my install directory.

Had a bit of a time with the patches until I realized the installer wants you to direct it to the \Matrix Games\ folder... try aiming ATD there and see if it doesn't add the path to Korsun Pocket.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI