On- or off-board artillery (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Michael Wermelin -> On- or off-board artillery (7/6/2000 6:07:00 PM)

Maybe I have missed something in the manual but I have a hard time understanding when I buy a on- or off-map artillery. Sometimes I have bought one or two ammo dumps, only to, when the deployment begins, find out that it was indeed unnessessary. So, can anyone tell how it shows in the unit selection part that an artillery pice is off-map or on-map??? Then another question. In the preference screen, one can now determine the %-value of artillery vs. tanks factor. Is the default value the same as it has been in previous versions of SteelP? I find the artillery doing very much damage to tanks and wish to change this. Somewhere I have read that for light and medium artillery the damage done to tanks accured less than 3% of the time, or something like that. However, in Steel the ratio is much higher, even from light artillery. 120mm mortars are indeed not light mortars but the shell isn't that big but very lethal to tanks in the game.

Greybear -> (7/6/2000 6:21:00 PM)

quote:

Originally posted by Michael Wermelin: Maybe I have missed something in the manual but I have a hard time understanding when I buy a on- or off-map artillery. Sometimes I have bought one or two ammo dumps, only to, when the deployment begins, find out that it was indeed unnessessary. So, can anyone tell how it shows in the unit selection part that an artillery pice is off-map or on-map??? Then another question. In the preference screen, one can now determine the %-value of artillery vs. tanks factor. Is the default value the same as it has been in previous versions of SteelP? I find the artillery doing very much damage to tanks and wish to change this. Somewhere I have read that for light and medium artillery the damage done to tanks accured less than 3% of the time, or something like that. However, in Steel the ratio is much higher, even from light artillery. 120mm mortars are indeed not light mortars but the shell isn't that big but very lethal to tanks in the game.
On board/off board: the main clue is how many tubes or barrels you are buying. look at the bottom of the screen, if it is listed with one line "75mm FH 50 HE 0 AP" it is on board. if there is 3 to six lines listing the same "15cm M1915 30 HE 0 AP" it is an off board battery. the next clue is cost. most on board art. is 10 to 50 pts. most off board is 60 to 300? pts. I have not seen that art damages a tank except for a lucky hit. it suppresses and makes the crew button up some times. I play with the default 100% settings. Greybear

Michael Wermelin -> (7/6/2000 6:54:00 PM)

Thanks for the reply! It seems to be the way you describe. /Battle on

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI