Game keeps shutting down (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

chris23 -> Game keeps shutting down (12/22/2005 3:54:52 PM)

When a tank or a pillbox get shoot at the game crashes and I get thrown back to the desktop![:@] Any ideas? I run it on Windows XP.

Wild Bill -> RE: Game keeps shutting down (12/23/2005 7:03:43 PM)

Do a very simple thing. Go to the save directory, delete the steel.prf file. Don't worry, it reconstitutes itself when you start up again.

If that does not work, I recommend removing the game using Control Panel, Add-Delete Programs, and the reinstalling it. Could be a corrupted file somewhere.

Do them in that order. Many times the steel.prf file can be the culprit of sudden crashes.

WB

Alby -> RE: Game keeps shutting down (12/23/2005 11:26:08 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: chris23

When a tank or a pillbox get shoot at the game crashes and I get thrown back to the desktop![:@] Any ideas? I run it on Windows XP.

also if the unit you are using has apcr ammo, but no apcr penetration listed in the weapons tables then that can cause a crash

KG Erwin -> RE: Game keeps shutting down (12/23/2005 11:48:51 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alby

quote:

ORIGINAL: chris23

also if the unit you are using has apcr ammo, but no apcr penetration listed in the weapons tables then that can cause a crash

That's a good catch, Alby. While most problems with SPWaW are hardware-related, this was a database glitch that can be easily fixed.

chris23 -> RE: Game keeps shutting down (12/25/2005 2:30:32 PM)

Thanks very much for the tips I will try it:) It is very annoying especially when on a defend or delay mission.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI