Allied Opponent Wanted (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Opponents wanted

Ranse -> Allied Opponent Wanted (12/26/2005 2:26:40 AM)

I would like to try PBEM, so I am looking for an opponent. I will take either side but I prefer Japanese. I'm willing to try any scenario, but I hope to eventually play "the big one" (#15). If you are interested in dealing with an inexperienced PBEM opponent, e-mail me your setup proposal. I believe you can e-mail me through this forum and I don't have to post my e-mail address here.

scott64 -> RE: Allied Opponent Wanted (12/26/2005 5:11:31 AM)

I will take you on... [:'(] Free for all with one port strike on opening. PDU on and asw task force max of 4 ships

Ranse -> RE: Allied Opponent Wanted (12/26/2005 9:06:02 PM)

Here are my recommendations in my request for an opponent. They are only my preferences and are open to negotiations. If PBEM allows #s 7, 8, & 9 to be set differently for each side, you can have your choice.
01) ASW TF no limits (see #15)
02) Plane altitudes no limit
03) Dec 7 Surprise on
04) Japanese Sub Doctrine off
05) Fog of War on
06) Advanced Wx Effects on
07) Player Defined Upgrades on (for me; you can say no if PBEM allows)
08) No Expand, Upgrades, or Replacements on at start (for me; you can if PBEM allows it)
09) No Auto Sub Ops (for me; you can if PBEM allows it)
10) Extremely Variable Reinforcements on (both must be set at same, whatever level)
11) No Historical First Turn
12) Allied Damage Control on (if wanted)
13) Allies can have normal Dec 7 turn except no offensive operations (like port or airfield strikes, bombardments, etc.)
14) For historical reasons, limit on Allied CAP turn 1 (amount negotiable)
15) Allied Sub Doctrine off (if no limit on ASW size) or on (if limits)
16) One-day turns

Ranse -> RE: Allied Opponent Wanted (12/26/2005 9:14:47 PM)

Last post edited to include these:

Addendum to last post:
15) Player Defined Upgrades on.
16) For historical reasons, CAP should be limited on Turn 1 (amount negotiable)

Ranse -> RE: Allied Opponent Wanted (12/26/2005 9:21:11 PM)

Next to last post edited to include this:

Addendum to last addendum:
17) Allied Sub Doctrine off (if no limit to ASW TF size) or on (if limit)

ADavidB -> RE: Allied Opponent Wanted (12/26/2005 10:19:33 PM)

quote:

7) Historical Difficulty on

"Difficulty" levels only apply in games against the AI, not in PBEM. The amount of "difficulty" that you will encounter in PBEM will depend upon the skill of your opponent [;)] .

Cheers -

Dave Baranyi

Ranse -> RE: Allied Opponent Wanted (12/29/2005 6:11:42 AM)

I know there is somebody out there willing to battle me. All I want is an intelligent opponent instead of the AI. I don't really care about the setup, but I do have reservations about playing by rules not built into the game (the computer is the referee and the software is the rulebook--with fog of war on, how do I know that ASW TF contains 4, 6, or 25 ships?). Isn't someone willing to do a small scenario (say, Coral Sea) with me so that I can join the fun? The list I posted earlier is only my PREFERENCES, not hard and fast rules. So, scott164, how about it? I'll accept your 4-ship ASW limit, PDU on, and only 1 Dec 7 port strike. Do you approve of the rest of my preferences (I think so, since you said "free for all")? You have my e-mail address.

scott64 -> RE: Allied Opponent Wanted (12/29/2005 6:39:08 AM)

Ok, here goes [:'(]

Admiral DadMan -> RE: Allied Opponent Wanted (12/29/2005 6:39:24 AM)

Ok, I'm game if you're within 3 time zones of me.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI